+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
butters1690 said:
Hey Raj

'Photocopy of each dependent's passport' - this seems vague in the application guide provided by OINP.

As for me (principal applicant), I know that i have to photocopy my ENTIRE passport. But for my spouse? Not the entire passport, just the front page that shows his photo and details?
For the dependents, you can send the biographic pages alone.

harshshrma119

Feb 9, 2016
Singapore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Raj,

Thanks a lot, for sharing all this crucial information here.
I got my PT on 01/02/2016, which means i have until mid of march to fill up and send the application for OINP. I am currently working in singapore for the last 3 and a half year. Right now i am stuck at few of the sections here. Please help to guide me through.
1. Earlier most of the funds, were deposited in my parents account, but about 1 month back i transferred them to my account for sole purpose of showing them. But they are not in 1 single transaction and have been transferred in multiple transaction from my fathers account. So do i need to get the GIFT DEED for each of the transaction or is there any other way round it. Please suggest .
2. Now I am in singapore and i cannnot show that I am the one, who signed the GIFT DEED, in front of the witnesses. Any other way I can proceed, keeping the deeds genuine.

3. Personal and Work History (Principal Applicant Only) - As indicated, provide the details of personal (includes all periods of education, unemployment, traveling, being a homemaker etc,.) and your employment details. If you are less than 28 years old, provide details since your 18th birthday. If you are 28 or older, then provide the details for the last 10 years.

Tip: Please do NOT leave ANY gaps in time - not even one day.
[tr][td]

3. In the above section, while entering my educational details, I came across, that there is 15 to 25 days caps in the completion of a degree and start of another degree. Even in the Job experience, there are a few gaps of 15 days or so. Do i need to account for each and every day for the last ten years ? :-[

5. Highest Level of Education (Principal Applicant Only) - Indicate your highest level of education. If you are claiming points for 2 or more degrees, then tick "Other" and mention both the Canadian Equivalencies as available in your ECA report.
[tr][td]
4. Above section, you mentioned that If anyone is claiming for 2 or more degrees, then tick other. Can you please elaborate on this. How to claim for 2 or more degrees ?. I have done evaluation for my BCA and MBA both. Are there any extra points, if we mention both ?

5. I dont have a birth certificate, But I do have a letter from Indian Embassy, here in singapore stating that the person DOB is in accordance with the one mentioned in the passport. Will it do the Job for me or I still need the letter of LOE (?). Please help on these issues.

Thanks again for your kinds deeds and valuable suggestions.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Is it really necessary to provide a bank letter? Can't I just provide my 6 months bank statements?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TLOU said:
Is it really necessary to provide a bank letter? Can't I just provide my 6 months bank statements?
Though the application guide doesn't explicitly mention it, people who have been submitting applications to OINP have been sending both a letter and the statements. Your call.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
harshshrma119 said:
Hi Raj,

Thanks a lot, for sharing all this crucial information here.
I got my PT on 01/02/2016, which means i have until mid of march to fill up and send the application for OINP. I am currently working in singapore for the last 3 and a half year. Right now i am stuck at few of the sections here. Please help to guide me through.
1. Earlier most of the funds, were deposited in my parents account, but about 1 month back i transferred them to my account for sole purpose of showing them. But they are not in 1 single transaction and have been transferred in multiple transaction from my fathers account. So do i need to get the GIFT DEED for each of the transaction or is there any other way round it. Please suggest .

1 gift deed mentioning the entire amount will do but you need to provide proof for all those transactions.

2. Now I am in Singapore and i cannot show that I am the one, who signed the GIFT DEED, in front of the witnesses. Any other way I can proceed, keeping the deeds genuine.

Get the gift deed notarized. As long as it mentions your name as the beneficiary and your father's name as the person who have you the gift, you are good to go.

3. Personal and Work History (Principal Applicant Only) - As indicated, provide the details of personal (includes all periods of education, unemployment, traveling, being a homemaker etc,.) and your employment details. If you are less than 28 years old, provide details since your 18th birthday. If you are 28 or older, then provide the details for the last 10 years.

Tip: Please do NOT leave ANY gaps in time - not even one day.
[tr][td]

3. In the above section, while entering my educational details, I came across, that there is 15 to 25 days caps in the completion of a degree and start of another degree. Even in the Job experience, there are a few gaps of 15 days or so. Do i need to account for each and every day for the last ten years ? :-[

It is recommended that you mention those days. You can say "Unemployed" or whatever activity you were up to in those periods. Mentioning "Unemployed" will NOT have any affect on your application.

5. Highest Level of Education (Principal Applicant Only) - Indicate your highest level of education. If you are claiming points for 2 or more degrees, then tick "Other" and mention both the Canadian Equivalencies as available in your ECA report.
[tr][td]
4. Above section, you mentioned that If anyone is claiming for 2 or more degrees, then tick other. Can you please elaborate on this. How to claim for 2 or more degrees ?. I have done evaluation for my BCA and MBA both. Are there any extra points, if we mention both ?

What does your ECA report say? If your MBA has been assessed as being equivalent to a Canadian "Masters", then you will get points for your Master's degree alone. Two or more degree is for people who have a Bachelor's degree + any other diploma/degree that is not assessed equivalent to a Masters/PhD.

5. I dont have a birth certificate, But I do have a letter from Indian Embassy, here in singapore stating that the person DOB is in accordance with the one mentioned in the passport. Will it do the Job for me or I still need the letter of LOE (?). Please help on these issues.

You can submit other documents that mention that you do not have a BC. One applicant got away with this requirement by getting an affidavit from his father mentioning that he doesn't have a BC. Write a LOE and mention this. Provide alternative proof.

Thanks again for your kinds deeds and valuable suggestions.

awais174

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
I sent my application package to Ontario on 27th January and as per the courier service DHL it was delivered on 29th January.
I haven't heard from ON regarding any confirmation of reception since then; should I be concerned or simply wait till 90 more days for AOR?

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
awais174 said:
I sent my application package to Ontario on 27th January and as per the courier service DHL it was delivered on 29th January.
I haven't heard from ON regarding any confirmation of reception since then; should I be concerned or simply wait till 90 more days for AOR?

Thanks.
You need to wait.

OINP sends AORs to applicants (generally) in 6 - 8 weeks for FSW applicants and 4 - 6 weeks for CEC applicants. Currently, there appears to be a HUGE backlog and hence the time between application submission and AOR has increased significantly. Look at my signature for the timeline!

harshshrma119

Feb 9, 2016
Singapore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for clarification.
BTY, as per my ECA report MBA has been considered as equivalent to Canadian masters. So i will have to bear with that only and can you please explain what LOE stands for ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
harshshrma119 said:
thanks for clarification.
BTY, as per my ECA report MBA has been considered as equivalent to Canadian masters. So i will have to bear with that only and can you please explain what LOE stands for ?
Yes you will be awarded points for your Masters degree. LOE = Letter of Explanation.

amhbala

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Hi All,

I have got the Ontario Province Interest mail yesterday. My score is 406 (NOC 2173) and i have been in Canada for three years. Since i have 5 dependents including myself, do i need to show the proof of fund of 25K$. If so, can i show my Indian Provident fund account as thats where i have the sufficient amount. Could any one of you guide me as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
amhbala said:
Hi All,

I have got the Ontario Province Interest mail yesterday. My score is 406 (NOC 2173) and i have been in Canada for three years. Since i have 5 dependents including myself, do i need to show the proof of fund of 25K$. If so, can i show my Indian Provident fund account as thats where i have the sufficient amount. Could any one of you guide me as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance,
Yes, you need to show funds for all your dependents (dependents = spouse/children ONLY) whether they are accompanying or not.

I'm not sure if you can use your EPF as proof of funds.

Are you currently working in Ontario? If so, you are exempt from showing POF.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
The DD can be issued payable to "Ontario Minister of Finance" OR "Minister of Finance, Ontario". Both are acceptable.

When making a bank draft, do I tell my bank to just address it to "Minister of Finance, Ontario"? That's it? No address or anything more?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TLOU said:
The DD can be issued payable to "Ontario Minister of Finance" OR "Minister of Finance, Ontario". Both are acceptable.

When making a bank draft, do I tell my bank to just address it to "Minister of Finance, Ontario"? That's it? No address or anything more?
No. You can ask the bank to make it payable "at par" otherwise leave it empty. Usually, foreign banks have ties with banks in Canada. For instance, my bank had a tie-up with " Bank of Montreal, Toronto" so OINP can cash that draft there.

amhbala

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, you need to show funds for all your dependents (dependents = spouse/children ONLY) whether they are accompanying or not.

I'm not sure if you can use your EPF as proof of funds.

Are you currently working in Ontario? If so, you are exempt from showing POF.
Yes, am working in Ontario for the last three years.Nice to know about the exemption from POF. Also my employer(Indian IT MNC) doesnt give work reference letter from their letterpad. Can you please let me know that Is there any way we can get this done without getting letter from employer.

Thanks in Advance,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
amhbala said:
Yes, am working in Ontario for the last three years.Nice to know about the exemption from POF. Also my employer(Indian IT MNC) doesnt give work reference letter from their letterpad. Can you please let me know that Is there any way we can get this done without getting letter from employer.

Thanks in Advance,
You can get a letter from your manager (preferably on the letterhead). If this is not possible too, then, follow this -
Many companies do NOT provide you a letter in such a format on the letter head of the company. In that case, get such a letter from your Manager/senior colleague. Get it duly signed from them and attach their business card/company ID card as proof. GET THIS LETTER NOTARIZED.

Supporting documents - It is recommended to support additional documents to prove your work experience like your payslips (past 6 months), offer letter, appointment letters, promotion letters, pay scale hike letters etc,.
I have already mentioned this in my initial post in this topic.