+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

gops75

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
I need a quick clarification. I applied for express entry scheme last year Feb 2015, and by the time, the application was reviewed, my IELTS scores validity expired and my express entry profile was declined.

Then I took IELTS and applied again (creating a new profile, because it was mentioned that declined profiles cannot be used again).

While filling OINP, question 3, "Have you, your spouse or common-law partner, or any of your dependent children, already submitted or been included in an Application for Permanent Residence to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)?". Do I have to say Yes or No?

Thank you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
gops75 said:
I need a quick clarification. I applied for express entry scheme last year Feb 2015, and by the time, the application was reviewed, my IELTS scores validity expired and my express entry profile was declined.

Then I took IELTS and applied again (creating a new profile, because it was mentioned that declined profiles cannot be used again).

While filling OINP, question 3, "Have you, your spouse or common-law partner, or any of your dependent children, already submitted or been included in an Application for Permanent Residence to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)?". Do I have to say Yes or No?

Thank you.
You can say "No".

gops75

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Thanks, Raj.

I guess only if we receive an ITA from CIC and submit the application for PR to the CIC, it is considered an application (that this section is talking about) for permanent residency, Am I correct?

Regards,
GV

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
gops75 said:
Thanks, Raj.

I guess only if we receive an ITA from CIC and submit the application for PR to the CIC, it is considered an application (that this section is talking about) for permanent residency, Am I correct?

Regards,
GV
Precisely.

aakash07

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Congratulations Raj for AOR. Your wait time is over finally.

Nowadays, I think OINP facing long back-log. So that, Candidates are not receiving AOR in 2-4 week standard time.

Did they ask for any additional information?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aakash07 said:
Congratulations Raj for AOR. Your wait time is over finally.

Nowadays, I think OINP facing long back-log. So that, Candidates are not receiving AOR in 2-4 week standard time.

Did they ask for any additional information?
Thanks! I just got my AOR. Additional doc request will follow! :)

amhbala

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) Yes, that is perfectly fine.
2) Yes, you can request them to assess you under CEC (if you are eligible).

Bonus : If you are currently employed in Ontario, you are exempt from showing POF.
Hi,

Congrats for your AOR. So far, i have worked in two companies for the past 10 years. Should i just give offer letter and experience letter and payslips for the previous employer or should I get some letter stating my roles and responsibilities from my previous employer. Thank you very much for the help you are doing. Really appreciated.

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
amhbala said:
Hi,

Congrats for your AOR. So far, i have worked in two companies for the past 10 years. Should i just give offer letter and experience letter and payslips for the previous employer or should I get some letter stating my roles and responsibilities from my previous employer. Thank you very much for the help you are doing. Really appreciated.

Thanks.
You need reference letters in the required format only for the jobs that you are claiming points for. You can leave out the other jobs IMO. You can mention that you have not provided documents for the other jobs because you are not claiming any points for it.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Hi rajkamalmohanram,

Thank you very much for your thorough information on OINP. I have a concern (or dilemma, if you will) regarding whether to apply for OINP-HCPP or not, and I would like to hear your opinion.

I have visited Ontario three times in the past and my uncle (My mom's older brother) has settled in Toronto and has been running a car repair studio for over 10 years. According to the OINP application guide, these facts should be sufficient enough to support my claims of intending to live in Ontario after getting the PR. But the point is, I may have stronger ties in BC. I went to Simon Fraser University (in British Columbia) and graduated from there, and I have been working in Vancouver for a year. currently, I have just entered the pool with a CRS score of 441, which is pretty much the maximum score that a new university graduate could get. Obviously, I would apply for BCPNP first, but since they have just switched to a point-based system, it is not certain when will I be invited to apply. I'm trying to avoid the 1500-dollar- OINP application fee, but if that's the only way, I'll have to do it...

I would very much like to hear your opinion and I appreciate your time, thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mikko008 said:
Hi rajkamalmohanram,

Thank you very much for your thorough information on OINP. I have a concern (or dilemma, if you will) regarding whether to apply for OINP-HCPP or not, and I would like to hear your opinion.

I have visited Ontario three times in the past and my uncle (My mom's older brother) has settled in Toronto and has been running a car repair studio for over 10 years. According to the OINP application guide, these facts should be sufficient enough to support my claims of intending to live in Ontario after getting the PR. But the point is, I may have stronger ties in BC. I went to Simon Fraser University (in British Columbia) and graduated from there, and I have been working in Vancouver for a year. currently, I have just entered the pool with a CRS score of 441, which is pretty much the maximum score that a new university graduate could get. Obviously, I would apply for BCPNP first, but since they have just switched to a point-based system, it is not certain when will I be invited to apply. I'm trying to avoid the 1500-dollar- OINP application fee, but if that's the only way, I'll have to do it...

I would very much like to hear your opinion and I appreciate your time, thanks!
IMO, if you have more ties to BC than Ontario, then, you should keep BC your first priority.

Having said that, many applicants who had stronger ties to other provinces have successfully received Ontario nomination. Nonetheless, these applicants come under a lot of scrutiny. You might be asked to submit ties to Ontario (which you have) and proof of job search in Ontario (which you will have to do). Since you have an uncle in Toronto, I believe you are good to go! Just start sending out e-mails to employers to prove that you are sincerely searching for jobs in Ontario. All this information will be asked post AOR. Not before that.

Hope I answered your question!

Good luck and all the very best!

Siddiquis

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Hello

I recently got PT Interest Letter from Ontario, now preparing to submit my application. I have some questions regarding this;

I live in Doha, but i am using my Pakistani bank account which was deactivated for 2 years. i request the bank to reactivate. My brother is providing me with the required funds with a gift deed.

1) I can't provide six months bank statement as it was not intact for couple of years
2) Should i provide gift deed on stamp paper? and what are other requirements?
3) Can i have any conventional template for a gift deed?
4) I have an account in Doha, Qatar also, and i I have similar funds but not maintained for 6 months, should i provide this one with the Pakistani bank account (plus gift deed) to supplement my application?

5) Can anybody from Pakistan, who have already done this guide me?

Thanks

mco246

Jan 20, 2015
Hi,

I applied to OINP as my top priority.

Can I now also apply to other provinces?

I read that (MB & NB) discourage candidates from applying to multiple provinces.

Does OINP have the suggested requirement?

Thank you

anil918918

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Hello Raj,

Congrats on your AOR :D
I have a small query , My HR departments previous/ current employer did not give me roles and responsibilities in their reference letters they just mentioned date of join and date of leaving and then i made my leads from the previous / current companies send a reference mail to me with my roles responsibilities from their official mail id with company logo ,designation and phone number .Is that enough .

While filling up the form for FSWP i have a issue,As i am filling it in system and then taking a printout its not allowing me to leave the TO date of the current employer to null. what should i put in the TO date of the current employer .

I am not sure what to put in the ties to ontario. I dont have any ties .

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Siddiquis said:
Hello

I recently got PT Interest Letter from Ontario, now preparing to submit my application. I have some questions regarding this;

I live in Doha, but i am using my Pakistani bank account which was deactivated for 2 years. i request the bank to reactivate. My brother is providing me with the required funds with a gift deed.

1) I can't provide six months bank statement as it was not intact for couple of years

You can highlight this in a LOE.

2) Should i provide gift deed on stamp paper? and what are other requirements?

Yes, make it official. You can submit the proof of debit from your brother's account and the proof of credit into your account.

3) Can i have any conventional template for a gift deed?

Someone posted it in the thread - "OONP - Acknowledgement Received". Check. Here is the link to the thread -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t307460.0.html

4) I have an account in Doha, Qatar also, and i I have similar funds but not maintained for 6 months, should i provide this one with the Pakistani bank account (plus gift deed) to supplement my application?

If you are planning to transfer all the funds to your Pakistani account you can show that. If you are transferring it to your bank account in Qatar, then show that. Simply put, just show the account in which you have the funds.

5) Can anybody from Pakistan, who have already done this guide me?

I'll leave this to people who have done this from Pak.
Thanks