+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mco246 said:
Hi,

I applied to OINP as my top priority.

Can I now also apply to other provinces?

I read that (MB & NB) discourage candidates from applying to multiple provinces.

Does OINP have the suggested requirement?

Thank you
Well, I have seen a few applicants who did not choose to put all eggs in one basket. They had applied to 2 provinces - just to be safe. When they get nominated, they withdraw the application with the other province.

I know a person who has applied for both SINP and Ontario. He has already got his SINP nomination but still seems to be going forward with OINP application.

Your call!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
anil918918 said:
Hello Raj,

Congrats on your AOR :D

Thanks! :)

I have a small query , My HR departments previous/ current employer did not give me roles and responsibilities in their reference letters they just mentioned date of join and date of leaving and then i made my leads from the previous / current companies send a reference mail to me with my roles responsibilities from their official mail id with company logo ,designation and phone number .Is that enough .

This is fine. I submitted the following -

1) Letter of explanation for reference letter
2) Copy of the Standard format of the company’s letter
3) Reference letter(with all necessary details) by a senior colleague
4) Copy of the senior colleague's company ID card
5) Copy of Email – 1 from the HR
6) Copy of Email – 2 from HR
7) Copy of the company’s HR policy
8 ) Copy of pay scale letter for 2015
9) Copy of pay scale letter for 2014
10) Copy of the pay slips for the past 6 months
11) Copy of appointment letter [joining letter]
12) Copy of initial job offer letter

I got the reference from a senior colleague on plain paper and did NOT get it notarized but I do suggest applicants to get the reference letter on plain paper notarized.

While filling up the form for FSWP i have a issue,As i am filling it in system and then taking a printout its not allowing me to leave the TO date of the current employer to null. what should i put in the TO date of the current employer .

Mention any date, complete the form, print the form, use whitener and correct it.

I am not sure what to put in the ties to ontario. I dont have any ties .

Write "No ties currently but I have demonstrated my intent and reasons to reside in Ontario in the attachment" or something on those lines. I didn't have any ties too.

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hi Raj and All,

I entered the Express entry pool on Feb 2nd 2016 and on Feb 8th 2016 I received the PT notiifcation of interest from Ontario. I have the following questions in this regard. My CRS score is 434.

1. What are chances of getting a nomination if all the documents are correct. I am asking this as the application fees is quite high CAD 1500 ( = 90,000 INR) and would want to invest this money with caution. What are odds of the application being not qualified even if the documents are all ok. Would it be better to wait for CRS to get lower from the current value of 457.

2. The application guide says that the passport should have at least 2 years of validity before application. I have 1 year 9 months of validity as on today ( expiry on Dec 23rd 2017 ). I checked the passport india website which says that you cannot apply for re-ssue of passport unless your passport is expire within 1 year. I just want to cross check as well.

3. Does ONIP require reference letter from current employer as well in addition to my previous employers.

Your reply to these queries will help me to ease up before I apply for OINP.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hey guys

For those of you who have submitted a complete OINP package... random question:

How did you fit your actual degree? The paper copy of the degree is so huge - did you guys fold it into half?

Also, how did you assemble everything together - just into a huge envelope?

Any tips or advise you may have will be greatly appreciated!

S0707

May 13, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, I have seen a few applicants who did not choose to put all eggs in one basket. They had applied to 2 provinces - just to be safe. When they get nominated, they withdraw the application with the other province.

I know a person who has applied for both SINP and Ontario. He has already got his SINP nomination but still seems to be going forward with OINP application.

Your call!
Hello There I am just wondering if we have to have one bachelor;s degree to create a profile for OINP, I have two diplomas but not a degree. One is 3.5 years(india) and other is 2 years from Canada.

I will appreciate your input. Thanks tons!

Freds

Jan 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
First of all, congratulations to everyone who received their AORs, especially Raj and It has been great to see people helping each other on this forum. I have been following this forum for a while and preparing to send my application to OINP first week of March. I live in Edmonton, applied to AINP in February 2015 but it is taking longer to process. Will see how it goes as my intention to reside in ON may not be contradicted as I am a frequent traveler from Edmonton to Toronto since June 2014, including my most recent visit last month. I graduated in 2013 from Toronto and worked over there for 6 months after my graduation. I have my younger brother residing in Toronto who is an International student. Good luck to everyone who r expecting their nominations soon.

amhbala

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) Yes, that is perfectly fine.
2) Yes, you can request them to assess you under CEC (if you are eligible).

Bonus : If you are currently employed in Ontario, you are exempt from showing POF.
Hi,

My current employer saying they will do work permit amendment process as my WP having client location(Both client and employer location are inside greater Toronto). Is it fine if I proceed with that even though I am going to submit ONIP package? Kindly help me in this regard.

Regards
Balaji Ponraj

andre_arias

Feb 12, 2016
Hi rajkamalmohanram!

Thank you for this guide. I received an interest letter from Ontario and was wondering about the chances of eventually getting a nomination. Assuming I have all the requirements ready and complete, are the chances good that I will eventually receive the nomination?

I'm asking because CAD1,500 isn't exactly cheap and I'd like to if my chances are good. I have 430 CRS points, qualified under FSW. :)

Thanks!
Iya

dhruvmehtani

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Regarding the letter of reference, If a company is closed and has ceased operations and this cannot be arranged, and If this period of employment has no effect on points for OINP and CIC, In such a case, should one include this period of employment with available documents or exclude it?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
S0707 said:
Hello There I am just wondering if we have to have one bachelor;s degree to create a profile for OINP, I have two diplomas but not a degree. One is 3.5 years(india) and other is 2 years from Canada.

I will appreciate your input. Thanks tons!
If your ECA report doesn't mention "Bachelors" or any degree above it, sadly, you are ineligible to apply to OINP! However, you can apply if you have bachelors + diploma. "Bachelors" is a minimum requirement!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dhruvmehtani said:
Regarding the letter of reference, If a company is closed and has ceased operations and this cannot be arranged, and If this period of employment has no effect on points for OINP and CIC, In such a case, should one include this period of employment with available documents or exclude it?
You can exclude it! You need to provide documents only for the jobs that you are claiming points for! Highlight this in a LOE! Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
butters1690 said:
Hey guys

For those of you who have submitted a complete OINP package... random question:

How did you fit your actual degree? The paper copy of the degree is so huge - did you guys fold it into half?

Also, how did you assemble everything together - just into a huge envelope?

Any tips or advise you may have will be greatly appreciated!
You can send a copy of the degree certificate (my degree certificate was small enough to be photocopied to A4 sheet).

Tips on how to arrange documents is already covered in the first post under this topic! You can check that.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Freds said:
First of all, congratulations to everyone who received their AORs, especially Raj and It has been great to see people helping each other on this forum. I have been following this forum for a while and preparing to send my application to OINP first week of March. I live in Edmonton, applied to AINP in February 2015 but it is taking longer to process. Will see how it goes as my intention to reside in ON may not be contradicted as I am a frequent traveler from Edmonton to Toronto since June 2014, including my most recent visit last month. I graduated in 2013 from Toronto and worked over there for 6 months after my graduation. I have my younger brother residing in Toronto who is an International student. Good luck to everyone who r expecting their nominations soon.
Thanks dude :) .

Start applying for jobs in Ontario since post AOR, you will most likely be asked for proof of job search! As long as you can prove ties to Ontario, you are good to go! All the very best with your application process!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
pxyarala said:
Hi Raj and All,

I entered the Express entry pool on Feb 2nd 2016 and on Feb 8th 2016 I received the PT notiifcation of interest from Ontario. I have the following questions in this regard. My CRS score is 434.

1. What are chances of getting a nomination if all the documents are correct. I am asking this as the application fees is quite high CAD 1500 ( = 90,000 INR) and would want to invest this money with caution. What are odds of the application being not qualified even if the documents are all ok. Would it be better to wait for CRS to get lower from the current value of 457.

2. The application guide says that the passport should have at least 2 years of validity before application. I have 1 year 9 months of validity as on today ( expiry on Dec 23rd 2017 ). I checked the passport india website which says that you cannot apply for re-ssue of passport unless your passport is expire within 1 year. I just want to cross check as well.

3. Does ONIP require reference letter from current employer as well in addition to my previous employers.

Your reply to these queries will help me to ease up before I apply for OINP.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala
1) The chances are pretty good if your documents are right! CAD 1500 does not amount to 90000 INR. Please use a website like xe.com to check the exchange rate! Usually falls between 47 and 51 per rupee! You have a good chance to get direct ITA with 457.

2) This is not a problem! You can explain this using a LOE.

3) If you are claiming points for your past jobs as well, you need to provide reference letters! You need to provide reference letters only for the jobs you are claiming points for!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
andre_arias said:
Hi rajkamalmohanram!

Thank you for this guide. I received an interest letter from Ontario and was wondering about the chances of eventually getting a nomination. Assuming I have all the requirements ready and complete, are the chances good that I will eventually receive the nomination?

I'm asking because CAD1,500 isn't exactly cheap and I'd like to if my chances are good. I have 430 CRS points, qualified under FSW. :)

Thanks!
Iya
Ontario does not reject applicants unless it really has to! If your docs are right, there is a very good chance that you'll get nominated! 430 isn't enough to get a direct ITA so your best bet would be to go ahead and apply to OINP! :)