+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Mahimakapoor21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Hello all,
I have a question regarding OINP EE PR application processing time. On the IRCC website it says the processing time for PNP based PR applications is 16 months. Does that mean it will take around 16 months after we receive the OINP nomination to get the PR?

Extra information:
I received my OINP NOI through my express entry profile. I got my OINP nomination 3 months back and got ITA 2 months back and applied for PR 1 month back and got a notification that I passed my medical exam last week.
hi did you get your PPR yet? My AOR is of SEP. please share if there is any update on your profile ?

mindhunter

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Is Ontario's PNP quota replenished? Latest news on the website says that they have finished their allotted nominations.

gsbrugnera

Nov 13, 2019
Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I am on a closed work permit, LMIA-exempt due to ICT. In Immigration Information, question "What type of work permit were you issued? ", should I select "Other" instead of "Work Permit supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment ", since there was no LMIA for my work permit? Thanks in advance.

bnerd

Feb 2, 2023
I need a bit of advice choosing between HCP Tech and the non-EE Job Offer streams.
  1. Single inland applicant.
  2. 36 yrs of age.
  3. On PGWP expiring Jan 2025
  4. CRS = 478 (CEC only, no foreign work experience).
  5. Permanent full-time tech job (NOC 21234)
  6. 14 months of experience in Ontario

For HCP Tech (EE)-
  • Pro: Last draw's cutoff was 481, so I might have a chance with the next draw.
  • Pro: Process has sped up (observing the last few replies on this thread).
  • Con: Cut-offs may not drop, I will lose 5 points due to my age in June, etc.
For Employer Job Offer - International Student (non-EE)
  • Pro: My score is at 93-96. A draw is imminent - should meet the cutoff.
  • Con: Might end up waiting for years as it processes (non-EE) and my PGWP expires in Jan 2025.
What might be the better choice ? I know nobody can really tell but I want to weigh opinions. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi
I got an Interest Notification from OINP in my Express Entry profile yesterday - 2nd Feb 2023 - I think its part of their human capital draw that happened. I have 45 days to submit the application in the OINP system
I have the below questions
  1. My CRS is 481 as of today but my birth day falls this month ( 16th Feb) so i will loose 10 points. So Do i need to submit the application in OINP before my birth day ? Or can i take the full 45 days to submit my application in OINP. Do i need to submit the application in OINP system before my birth day ?
  2. I also got 5 additional points in my CRS for my spouse canada work experience. But her 1 year will only complete on 13th March 2023.The express entry system award the full points before you actually complete the one year.
I am in a fix now - I thought i will wait till 14th March and then submit the application in OINP but then i will loose points on age.

Please advise on how should i proceed on this.

Reactions: rajbabu23