+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

sssurvey

Oct 16, 2022
Hi everyone, I was drawn in tech draw by OINP HCP this September. I have some questions related to OINP HCP, can anyone help me? Thanks.

When receiving the NOI my CRS score is 497 and I immediately applied for OINP HCP Canadian Experience path. However, I am on a "closed LMIA work permit" and I am not so sure about my current company's future. What if during OINP process (waiting to be approved nomination) I was laid off from my current job (which means my score would be dropping to 497 - 50 = 447). Does that mean I will be rejected by OINP HCP Canadian Experiences path? Based on my understanding HCP CEC path do not require having a job or offer. My main concern is the 50 CRS drop. Since the OINP was sent to people above 496. Will I be fine?

The main reason for me to go with "OINP HCP CEC" is that if I went with CIC CEC or CIC FSW. If I lost my current job, I would have lost 50 points and have to withdraw the CIC fsw/cec since I am below the cutoff. So that is why I decided to take the OINP right away. But If OINP will reject be due to possible job loss. Then I don't see a point to go with "OINP HCP CEC".

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: rajbabu23

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
Hi everyone, I was drawn in tech draw by OINP HCP this September. I have some questions related to OINP HCP, can anyone help me? Thanks.

When receiving the NOI my CRS score is 497 and I immediately applied for OINP HCP Canadian Experience path. However, I am on a "closed LMIA work permit" and I am not so sure about my current company's future. What if during OINP process (waiting to be approved nomination) I was laid off from my current job (which means my score would be dropping to 497 - 50 = 447). Does that mean I will be rejected by OINP HCP Canadian Experiences path? Based on my understanding HCP CEC path do not require having a job or offer. My main concern is the 50 CRS drop. Since the OINP was sent to people above 496. Will I be fine?

The main reason for me to go with "OINP HCP CEC" is that if I went with CIC CEC or CIC FSW. If I lost my current job, I would have lost 50 points and have to withdraw the CIC fsw/cec since I am below the cutoff. So that is why I decided to take the OINP right away. But If OINP will reject be due to possible job loss. Then I don't see a point to go with "OINP HCP CEC".

Thanks!
Great, then why did you even enter those details in your application if you don't even have the points? Good that you took one invite and now possibly would be refused. Some person who had all documents ready could have been nominated.

Reactions: Deepak884800

sssurvey

Oct 16, 2022
Great, then why did you even enter those details in your application if you don't even have the points? Good that you took one invite and now possibly would be refused. Some person who had all documents ready could have been nominated.
Don't think I am doing it wrong by include those employment details. Since I am currently working and do have valid job offers under required NOC-A for this tech draw. It's just recently there has been massive layoffs in the industry. I want to explore the worst outcome - which is being laid off while PNP pending. Based on the OINP Human capital CEC requirement, there are no requirement for being currently employed or a valid job offer. As long as you can proof you have been working in Canada/Ontario with correct NOC-A code jobs for > 1 year you are good to go. Just called yesterday to confirm this, and got a positive answer :).

IMHO OINP is actually working as intended. Since in my situation, if without OINP and I went directly with CIC CEC draw. Then if I lose my job, I will be below the cutoff and have to withdraw. By doing OINP, I just need to keep decline CIC CEC ITA, and wait until a nomination from OINP. Essentially insured myself with 1500$.

Last edited:
Reactions: rajbabu23

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
Don't think I am doing it wrong by include those employment details. Since I am currently working and do have valid job offers under required NOC-A for this tech draw. It's just recently there has been massive layoffs in the industry. I want to explore the worst outcome - which is being laid off while PNP pending. Based on the OINP Human capital CEC requirement, there are no requirement for being currently employed or a valid job offer. As long as you can proof you have been working in Canada/Ontario with correct NOC-A code jobs for > 1 year you are good to go. Just called yesterday to confirm this, and got a positive answer :).

IMHO OINP is actually working as intended. Since in my situation, if without OINP and I went directly with CIC CEC draw. Then if I lose my job, I will be below the cutoff and have to withdraw. By doing OINP, I just need to keep decline CIC CEC ITA, and wait until a nomination from OINP. Essentially insured myself with 1500$.
Yeah sure you are doing whats best for you. Keeping that in mind everyone is a competition here right so yeah I'd want the best for myself even if it affects you.

• Haha
Reactions: catalin1122

enigma_2012

Nov 12, 2012
Hi All. I submitted my Canada PR application in September 2021 (Ontario PNP stream outland). My biometric was done in January 2022. I did not go for upfront medical in Sept 2021. I applied for GCMS notes a month back and yet to receive the notes. The average processing time for my application is 15 months as per IRCC website. I am checking if someone is in similar position (not done upfront medical and submitted application). At the moment, I am waiting for medical request from IRCC. Some people did advise that I should go for upfront medical but I am not sure if it is right way forward. Keen to know if someone is facing similar situation

Reactions: ImpatientDragon

rafeyaleem

Nov 8, 2022
hi dears,

i am civil engineer by profession currently working in KSA and having an overall experience of 14+years. my age is 37. and my ielts score is R:5, L:6, W:6, S:7

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi dears,

i am civil engineer by profession currently working in KSA and having an overall experience of 14+years. my age is 37. and my ielts score is R:5, L:6, W:6, S:7
What is your question about OINP (Ontario)? If through Express Entry, then you would not be eligible as IELTs scores (R:5) is too low. May not even be eligible depending on your ECA for your degree.

Deepak884800

Star Member
Apr 6, 2022
Hi All. I submitted my Canada PR application in September 2021 (Ontario PNP stream outland). My biometric was done in January 2022. I did not go for upfront medical in Sept 2021. I applied for GCMS notes a month back and yet to receive the notes. The average processing time for my application is 15 months as per IRCC website. I am checking if someone is in similar position (not done upfront medical and submitted application). At the moment, I am waiting for medical request from IRCC. Some people did advise that I should go for upfront medical but I am not sure if it is right way forward. Keen to know if someone is facing similar situation
IRCC no longer sends request for medicals. Medicals needs to be done upfront. CDC will share your medical records within 7-14 working days with IRCC who would later link it to your GCkey. I would advise you to get your medicals done asap. The OINP-EE-O timeline has changed off late. They are processing application within 75-120 days from date of AOR.

AOR to PPR in 76 days
AOR- September 2, 2022
MEP-September 28, 2022
Biometrics-October 4, 2022
PPR-November 7, 2022

bhisham

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Hi All,

I am currently working in Toronto on Closed work permit (LMIA based) since August 2022, can you please advise me some points which i need to prepare for PR after 1 year of experience here in Canada? My point won't cross 450 so Fed EE looks to be tough even after 1 year so OINP is the only choice i have i believe. OINP (Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream) is this something can get my PR? or i need to do some study to get some extra points? can you please advise?

mindhunter

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Any idea why OINP is not doing Non-Tech HCP draws? The last draw was held in February 2022. Are Non-Tech HCP draws not going to happen now?

shirishrao

Jan 3, 2023
Hello everyone,
I received NOI from Ontario on Dec 19th in the tech draw. Applied through OINP portal on 31st Dec.
If anyone in the same boat and needs help in their application, let me know. I can guide.

Reactions: shellyhanda