+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi everyone. I received an NOI in the tech draw day before yesterday. In my EE profile, I've claimed experience from my current employer only (last 4 years) and avoided including last 2 employers (3.5 years experience) to avoid the hassle of obtaining letters from them.
  1. What experience do I include in the OINP e-filing in Work History and Resume?
  2. What do I include in Other Activities? I have done quite a bit of business travel abroad for my current job but do I need to submit these?
Has anyone dealt with the same work-experience dilemma and got through OINP?

Looping in some folks to help out. @legalfalcon @Timbuktu_14 @aonanuga002 , @himanshu2210

Last edited:

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi everyone. I received an NOI in the tech draw day before yesterday. In my EE profile, I've claimed experience from my current employer only (last 4 years) and avoided including last 2 employers (3.5 years experience) to avoid the hassle of obtaining letters from them.
  1. What experience do I include in the OINP e-filing in Work History and Resume?
  2. What do I include in Other Activities? I have done quite a bit of business travel abroad for my current job but do I need to submit these?

Looping in some folks to help out. @legalfalcon @Timbuktu_14 @aonanuga002 , @himanshu2210
1. Declare the experience you declared as your primary NOC in your EE profile. Show your other work experience on your resume only because if you declare it on the work history, you will need to submit references to OINP for them.

2. The travel history section is different and that's where you should declare all your travel history. The other histroy section is meant for anything you did in the last 10years apart from work and travels.

You can wait for @legalfalcon to give more insights on it as well.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

@Timbuktu_14 has the answers!

Reactions: RSabs

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
1. Declare the experience you declared as your primary NOC in your EE profile. Show your other work experience on your resume only because if you declare it on the work history, you will need to submit references to OINP for them.

2. The travel history section is different and that's where you should declare all your travel history. The other histroy section is meant for anything you did in the last 10years apart from work and travels.

You can wait for @legalfalcon to give more insights on it as well.
That was fast! Thanks @Timbuktu_14 as well as @legalfalcon for confirming!

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Do we need birth certificate proof if born before 1990 ? Also request confirmation that if in reference letter salary is not mentioned and supporting documents like offer letter and pay slips are submitted , they will be accepted ? Is it mandatory to have the salary mentioned in the reference letter ?

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Passport Renewal for OINP application - If the passport is about to expire in next 5 months, what explanation should we give to the case worker. As per the OINP guidelines, your passport should be valid for next 2 years.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Do we need birth certificate proof if born before 1990 ? Also request confirmation that if in reference letter salary is not mentioned and supporting documents like offer letter and pay slips are submitted , they will be accepted ? Is it mandatory to have the salary mentioned in the reference letter ?
No problem if your employer doesn't state your salary, you can use payslips and bank statement to corroborate the facts.

Wendyna

Oct 15, 2020
Hi everyone.
From the application guide, required documents are to be uploaded on the ePortal. Do we still need to send the hard copies to OINP? What is obtainable in recent times? Thanks in advance for your response.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi everyone.
From the application guide, required documents are to be uploaded on the ePortal. Do we still need to send the hard copies to OINP? What is obtainable in recent times? Thanks in advance for your response.
Nope, only soft copies required to be uploaded to the e-filing portal.

Reactions: Wendyna

binga77

Oct 3, 2019
Hello All,

I received NOI on the 15th of October when we had given up all hopes and out of the blue we get a NOI from OINP. I am really confused as to what the process is right now. I have created an account with OINP and started filling out the form and based on my understanding, I believe that I have 45 days to submit the application. However, Since I lived in Germany for close to 6 years, I would need to get the PCC from there and PCC from India also where I currently reside. The PCC from Germany is going to take a while about 3 to 4 Weeks to reach me, so is this document mandatory when I submit my application or rather what all documents do I need in hand prior to submitting the application.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hello All,

I received NOI on the 15th of October when we had given up all hopes and out of the blue we get a NOI from OINP. I am really confused as to what the process is right now. I have created an account with OINP and started filling out the form and based on my understanding, I believe that I have 45 days to submit the application. However, Since I lived in Germany for close to 6 years, I would need to get the PCC from there and PCC from India also where I currently reside. The PCC from Germany is going to take a while about 3 to 4 Weeks to reach me, so is this document mandatory when I submit my application or rather what all documents do I need in hand prior to submitting the application.
@binga777 : I'm filling out the OINP now as well. PCC is not required for OINP, you'll need it later for your ITA should your nomination be successful. You only need the list of docs specified in the OINP e-filing portal.

Reactions: binga77

binga77

Oct 3, 2019
@binga777 : I'm filling out the OINP now as well. PCC is not required for OINP, you'll need it later for your ITA should your nomination be successful. You only need the list of docs specified in the OINP e-filing portal.
Thank you very much for the insight. What about the settlement funds, is that something that we need to keep ready before filing the application or need to show the proofs once we get the ITA?

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Thank you very much for the insight. What about the settlement funds, is that something that we need to keep ready before filing the application or need to show the proofs once we get the ITA?
You need to submit docs for settlement funds. Do check out the Required Documents section in e-filing and it'll become clearer as to what you need to submit.

Reactions: binga77