+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Aug 4, 2017
hi, are you talking about a NOI? from reading on other forums, they say once you do not have a bachelors degree then you will not get through for NOI. if its for something else.. hopefully someone else will help
No we already received NOI last year. We submitted our application under Human Capital Stream on 15 November and have just received ADR asking for proof of a degree. Our WES report which was submitted to OINP shows that we only have a diploma (which is correct). I want to know whether OINP will reject our application just because we don't have a degree or whether they will look at other factors such as family relations, work experience etc.

Aug 4, 2017
Yes, it is a must.
We have received a NOI (last year) and only have the Canadian equivalent to a diploma. Submitted application on 15 Nov 2017. We have just received ADR and have until 1 April to reply. Do you think OINP will reject it on this basis or look at other factors as well?

Chillovski

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
ON, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
We have received a NOI (last year) and only have the Canadian equivalent to a diploma. Submitted application on 15 Nov 2017. We have just received ADR and have until 1 April to reply. Do you think OINP will reject it on this basis or look at other factors as well?
Having looked at the requirements for OINP, a minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; its actually surprising that you got an NOI. http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_WHO.html

Since they've now specifically asked for proof of a degree, it seems like a sufficient enough reason for the application to be rejected I'm afraid. The principal applicant needs to have a Canadian degree equivalent qualification, they're pretty clear on that.

You may try sending them an LOE before April 1st, explaining your situation.

Last edited:

Mrshaks

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
Having looked at the requirements for OINP, a minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; its actually surprising that you got an NOI. http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_WHO.html

Since they've now specifically asked for proof of a degree, it seems like a sufficient enough reason for the application to be rejected I'm afraid. The principal applicant needs to have a Canadian degree equivalent qualification, they're pretty clear on that.

You may try sending them an LOE before April 1st, explaining your situation.
Would OINP request for additional document apart from ECA valuation? WES has evaluated my Bsc as 4 years Canadian degree. I believe I am qualified with this evaluation.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi friends,
I am a Software Engineer and created my EE with interest for OINP under the NOC 2173. My CRs is 383 and is coming down to 373 this June.
Since, OINP does not seem to issue NOI below 400, I am to try other posiible provinces.
The possibilities are MPNP, SINP and Nova Scotia. But Software Engineer (NOC 2173) is a regulated occupation requiring license in these provinces.
During my long career , my designation changed from Software Engineer,Senior Software Engineer to Tech lead and Architect.
But most of the job duities I have performed come under Software developer as well. In fact when I compare the NOC duties with the duties I have performed so far, it's more like Software developer. Would it be an issue if I change my NOC as application developer (NOC 2174) in my EE profile and also do the same when I apply for other PNPs.
This would also take away the requirement to obtain the licensing requirement for PNPs.
My worry is all my previous designations are "Sofware Engineer", Senior Software Engineer" etc.
Would this be a problem ?
Your kind help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hello Friends,

I got NOI on 26th January, but I couldn't make the application as my WES evaluation was 3 years Diploma given by WES initially. But I got revised ECA according to which I am now at four years Bachelors stage. But by that time 45 days deadline have passed. So, there any possibility for me to receive NOI again from OINP this year?

& also if I recreate my profile don't you think it can be risky due to tie breaker rule in place ? :( I am really worried, so I will really appreciate your reply on this.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello Friends,

I got NOI on 26th January, but I couldn't make the application as my WES evaluation was 3 years Diploma given by WES initially. But I got revised ECA according to which I am now at four years Bachelors stage. But by that time 45 days deadline have passed. So, there any possibility for me to receive NOI again from OINP this year?

& also if I recreate my profile don't you think it can be risky due to tie breaker rule in place ? :( I am really worried, so I will really appreciate your reply on this.
send them an email saying wes made a mistake and ask them to reopen.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
send them an email saying wes made a mistake and ask them to reopen.
hi,
@navinball

I did send it to Ontario but they said although they are sympathetic considering this situation they cant allow me an extension as this wont be fair for other. Do you think I can recreate my account? someone said to me that OINP will not send revised NOI to people who already wasted it once.... :(

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
hi,
@navinball

I did send it to Ontario but they said although they are sympathetic considering this situation they cant allow me an extension as this wont be fair for other. Do you think I can recreate my account? someone said to me that OINP will not send revised NOI to people who already wasted it once.... :(
what is your score? if your score is below 435 i suggest recreate. i dont see the scores going down anytime soon.

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
what is your score? if your score is below 435 i suggest recreate. i dont see the scores going down anytime soon.

435 is the score which is making me more confused about recreating my account or not :/

yiming

Jul 5, 2017
Hi,

I have a crs score of 435. My profile was submitted on 30th December 2017. I haven't received the NOI from Ontario though I have met the cutoff. Is it because my profile was created in 2017 ?
Yes, you need to re-create your EE profile because Ontario has been sending NOI to candidates who submitted their EE profile later than Jan 1, 2018. Good luck!