+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
Hello All,

I am a newbie here.. I just recently entered to the express entry pool a week back with CRS: 379. I understand that i need to go for PNP program. Does OINP invite people with less than 400 points? I see in this forum, some people with around 370 got invited. I am confused.

I am 39 years old and i got 122 in languages (So not much scope to improve the language score). I am trying to get Graduate Certificate and that can get me another 25 points, but it will take about an year. I have almost 18 years of IT experience.

Anyway, i would appreciate any expert opinion on my options.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello All,

I am a newbie here.. I just recently entered to the express entry pool a week back with CRS: 379. I understand that i need to go for PNP program. Does OINP invite people with less than 400 points? I see in this forum, some people with around 370 got invited. I am confused.

I am 39 years old and i got 122 in languages (So not much scope to improve the language score). I am trying to get Graduate Certificate and that can get me another 25 points, but it will take about an year. I have almost 18 years of IT experience.

Anyway, i would appreciate any expert opinion on my options.
Yes, they do send invitations to below 400 scores for ICT candidates. However, this is limited to a week only and the next expected round is next year.

Anu Ranji

Oct 24, 2017
Hi,

Is there any chance that the OINP will invite applications under ICT sector that below 400 CRS again in 2018.

Appreciate your response in advance!

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
@JingleBells - the wait is ridiculous. If it is the case that they are slowing down due to IRCC backlog why are they not communicating this and updating the processing times on their website. The silence and lack of transparency is causing massive frustration!
@jkriek123,@JingleBells,
I agree with you jkriek123. They could have at least mention that on their updates page if that's the case in order for applications to have an idea about this delay.
Let's be optimistic, and GOD willing we will all get nominated before the last draw of 2017, or at the latest after they get the quota in 2018.
Once we get nominated we will certainly forget all this frustration caused by a long wait.
Best Regards,

Reactions: JingleBells

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017
Yes, they do send invitations to below 400 scores for ICT candidates. However, this is limited to a week only and the next expected round is next year.
Thanks Bill. Is there a place where i can check when they call for ICT candidates? Appreciate your answer. Sorry i am complete noob here. Also is there any other options i have such as other provinces?

JingleBells

Oct 3, 2017
@jkriek123,@JingleBells,
I agree with you jkriek123. They could have at least mention that on their updates page if that's the case in order for applications to have an idea about this delay.
Let's be optimistic, and GOD willing we will all get nominated before the last draw of 2017, or at the latest after they get the quota in 2018.
Once we get nominated we will certainly forget all this frustration caused by a long wait.
Best Regards,
@jkriek123 @erridja100

I agree with you guys totally. They should communicate the reason for this delay, then we wouldn't have to panic so much.
I called up OINP today and asked them if quota fulfilment was the reason. He said that at this point of time that is not the reason, coz they are handing out nominations at present so the quota has not been reached, however if by the end of this year some applications are still in pending status they will be carried over to next year.

I also agree that we should all be very optimistic and pray that we all get nominated soon so this wait is finally over for all of us. Amen.

Last edited:

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Thanks Bill. Is there a place where i can check when they call for ICT candidates? Appreciate your answer. Sorry i am complete noob here. Also is there any other options i have such as other provinces?
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

Each province has several streams and different processing methods. So, you will have to check their websites to see which one is for you.

JingleBells

Oct 3, 2017
Hi,
I called up OINP asking about my status yesterday and after some time I received a procedural fairness letter. They have asked us to change the NOC with one for which I have experience in the last five years. Also Change my EE profile in MyCIC account and send them screenshot of the same.

Have done so and will be sending them email in next hour or so.

Wanted to ask if anyone that received PFL with this requirement has been nominated? If yes, how long did it take for a response from OINP.

Please share inputs of your experience friends, getting really worried.....:confused:

@BillHyatt, @anwar01 and other senior members request you to pls share your views

jkriek123

Oct 3, 2017
Hi,
I called up OINP asking about my status yesterday and after some time I received a procedural fairness letter. They have asked us to change the NOC with one for which I have experience in the last five years. Also Change my EE profile in MyCIC account and send them screenshot of the same.

Wanted to ask if anyone that received PFL with this requirement has been nominated? If yes, how long did it take for a response from OINP.

Please share inputs of your experience friends, getting really worried.....:confused:

@BillHyatt, @anwar01 and other senior members request you to pls share your views
Unfortunately I wont be able to help, but it doesn't seem to be too much of an issue? Hopefully they sort it out quickly! It does worry me that there only seem to be any action from OINP if applicants call them!

mcassim87

Jul 1, 2017
Hi,

Hi, is this your 2nd PFL ?? i called them too last night and they said that my PFL reply has been received and status is DIP and i can expect a decision soon (same old same old i guess)

jkriek123

Oct 3, 2017
Hi, is this your 2nd PFL ?? i called them too last night and they said that my PFL reply has been received and status is DIP and i can expect a decision soon (same old same old i guess)
I got the same message when I called last week.. Anybody have an idea what 'soon' means? ;)

JingleBells

Oct 3, 2017
@mcassim87

No, its the first time i have received a PFL which was yesterday. I have sent a reply and praying.....

Wish we all get nominated soon. Amen.