+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Decision in Progress

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
OINP will issue notifications of interest for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream

On August 26, 2020, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will issue targeted notifications of interest to candidates who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream.

You may apply to the HCP stream if you:

• receive a notificaition of interest on August 26, 2020
  • can demonstrate that your work experience was in one of the eligible National Occupation Classification (NOC) codes listed below
If you receive a notification of interest, you don’t need to contact the program.

We will post the comprehensive ranking system range of the draw on the Express Entry Notifications of Interest page on August 26, 2020. The OINP will target candidates with work experience in the following NOC codes:

• 0111 Financial managers
  • 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
  • 0601 Corporate sales managers
  • 1111 Financial auditors and accountants
  • 1114 Other financial officers
  • 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
  • 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
  • 3124 Allied primary health practitioners
  • 3132 Dietitians and nutritionists
Your application may be refused if you don’t demonstrate work experience in one of the eligible NOC codes

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2020-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates

Suzie12

Oct 20, 2020
Anyone from the late August intake fo Job Offer International student? How long were you in Decision in Progress status? Thank you.

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
I have searched a lot on what options I currently have and I have come to the conclusion that there is no feasible option available to me. Please correct me if I am wrong and if you have any past experience or knowledge, please provide some guidance. Thank you!

I have my post-graduate work permit which will expire on the 16th of December and I have applied for ONIP (International Student Stream) on the 1st of September 2020. I am currently awaiting the nomination.

I spoke with an ONIP representative over the phone and she told me that since my ONIP is an Employer Job Offer - International Student Stream, I should maintain the job throughout the completion of the PR process.

So here is the bigggg issue. Postgraduate work permits cannot be extended. I can extend it and have a rejection just to buy time but I don't know if it will be worth it.

- If I get the nomination in time before my PGWP expires, I read that I can apply for an employer-specific work permit which will cost the employer a compliance fee. I work for a crown corporation, so I doubt they will do it. One option down? https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2c&q3_options=2c_iii

- I was thinking that as soon as I get the nomination, I will submit the PR paper-based application and wait for the AIR (approved in principle) https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#approved but then I will be dependent on how long they process it and since it is paper-based, it might take a lot of time. I require the AIR to be able to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP). The second option is not feasible?
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#approved

Should I just forget about the nomination?

rushysingh

Apr 15, 2021
Hi Everyone

1. If it takes too lonng for OINP to process my application and meanwhile my IELTS becomes >2 years old. Then for IRCC will I need to give IELTS again?
  2. My timelines
    • Received OINP : December 15th 2020
    • Submitted application: Jan 15th
    • Received questions for transalations of some documents: 18th Feb
    • Submitted All necessary documents: 22nd Feb
    • Has been in review ever since
    • Decision in progress: 07th April
    • Still waiting to hear the results.. Do you know how much time will it take for DIP?
TIA

Ssns

Jan 24, 2021
Hi Everyone

1. If it takes too lonng for OINP to process my application and meanwhile my IELTS becomes >2 years old. Then for IRCC will I need to give IELTS again?
  2. My timelines
    • Still waiting to hear the results.. Do you know how much time will it take for DIP?
TIA
[/QUOTE
Hi Everyone

2. My timelines
TIA
I m in a similar situation with more or less similar timeline .It is in Decision in progress from April 1st 2021.

dday2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi Everyone

2. My timelines
TIA
Hi Rushy

As per my knowledge if you would like to apply for express entry then you require valid IELTS.

For OINP my timeline is similar to yours. I am waiting for approval, my application status is DIP since April 6, 2021.
There's another thread on this forum according to this Job Offer: International Student - 26/Nov/2020 most people got approval between 25-30 days once their application updated to DIP. You can check this thread and I hope it helps.

Tej02

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hi
My application is in DIP now and how many days does it take to get the final decision. My application is in the Human Capital Priorities stream.