sujd

May 4, 2020
Hi all.
NOI: 13 Feb 2020
Application Submitted: 26 March 2020
Assessment: 17 April 2020
DIP: 24 April 2020
Nomination: Pending

An FSW candidate. The wait is killing us (me and my spouse). More number of approvals we see in May, more the anxiety :rolleyes:

Saleh Almstiri

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Libya
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney VS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hi all.

An FSW candidate. The wait is killing us (me and my spouse). More number of approvals we see in May, more the anxiety :rolleyes:
Actually your application is doing well. You moved from assessment to DIP quite quickly, mine took way longer and the wait killed me and my wife as well. In fact, my application took in total 100 days from submission until nomination. Now, I am waiting for my PR decision which is also taking long.

Reactions: sujd

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
I think it was decision in progress for around two weeks for me. Got the nomination on 8th of May but I submitted my application 24th of March. I also had one week delay because my application was incomplete.
I think it is just a matter of luck, as different officers process different applications. Delay is not an indication of something wrong. If it moved to DIP without raising any queries, probably everything is fine.

sujd

May 4, 2020
Hi all.

DIP for 5+ weeks now. Is that normal? What are the % chances of one getting rejected?

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
DIP for 5+ weeks now. Is that normal? What are the % chances of one getting rejected?
I understand that you are worried, you have the right to be when you are waiting for something important. However, the normal processing time is 2-3 months and sometimes it takes even longer than that. Its been two months since you submitted the application, you still haven't crossed the avg time they usually take to process applications. So I don't think there is a real problem. Plus, if there was, wouldn't they have raised an inquiry or request for additional information during the assessment phase? Just hang in there.. and perhaps if you can buy these notes where the immigration officer writes their comments it will be helpful.

sujd

May 4, 2020
I understand that you are worried, you have the right to be when you are waiting for something important. However, the normal processing time is 2-3 months and sometimes it takes even longer than that. Its been two months since you submitted the application, you still haven't crossed the avg time they usually take to process applications. So I don't think there is a real problem. Plus, if there was, wouldn't they have raised an inquiry or request for additional information during the assessment phase? Just hang in there.. and perhaps if you can buy these notes where the immigration officer writes their comments it will be helpful.
May I know what notes you are referring to?

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
May I know what notes you are referring to?
They are called GCMS notes . I've heard people talk about these notes for the PR application though and not Ontario/province applications, but they may be applicable to provinces too, you may wanna research it. People buy these notes (very cheap) to see what the immigration officer is recording about their application (if any). So it is like reassurance, if there is a problem, you will see the notes of the officer.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
They are called GCMS notes . I've heard people talk about these notes for the PR application though and not Ontario/province applications, but they may be applicable to provinces too, you may wanna research it. People buy these notes (very cheap) to see what the immigration officer is recording about their application (if any). So it is like reassurance, if there is a problem, you will see the notes of the officer.
Gcms notes equivalent are available for provinces as well, for example for Manitoba the info is available at https://www.gov.mb.ca/fippa/ You can see a sample Gcms file at https://sample.gcmsnotes.com It takes about 30 days to receive it from Ottawa. Provincial notes can take longer and those sometimes are only sent via physical mail

sujd

May 4, 2020
Hi all.

Multiple applications have been processed and nominated in the last 75 days. Been following immitracker too. Not sure why our application has stagnated.. The recent eoi cut off for fsw is quite high 471-500. Quite worried here

• Sad
Reactions: LadyMacbeth

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Multiple applications have been processed and nominated in the last 75 days. Been following immitracker too. Not sure why our application has stagnated.. The recent eoi cut off for fsw is quite high 471-500. Quite worried here
Why not just contact them and ask about the status? Plenty of people do that. On the other hand, try and get those notes so that you can see if the officers have written anything about your application, you know.

sujd

May 4, 2020
Why not just contact them and ask about the status? Plenty of people do that. On the other hand, try and get those notes so that you can see if the officers have written anything about your application, you know.
Thanks! Been trying to find a source to get gcms notes for Ontario nomination. Most websites have services only for ircc or and citizenship..

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Thanks! Been trying to find a source to get gcms notes for Ontario nomination. Most websites have services only for ircc or and citizenship..
If I were you, I'd email or call them, and they are very responsive to emails btw. But I am going to tell you that I think you are still within the avg processing time. It is true that they have issued nominations in the past period, but each case is different, some cases take longer, others don't. I hope you get it soon *fingers crossed*

Anigow1234

May 28, 2020
Hi all.

Hi, we also got the NOI on 13th Feb, but due to the lockdown, we had applied for an extension and got the same until May 31st, 2020. However, we were asked to submit the application with whatever details we had by March 28th (the deadline). While we sent the pending documents on mail on May 31st 2020, we got an email on June 2nd saying our application is complete and is assessing. The rest of the timelines are as :-

1. Application Submitted (with extension received) - 31st May
2. Email regarding completeness - June 2nd
3. Additional Documentation Request - 5th June
4. Additional Documents submitted - 17th June
5. Decision in Progress - 17th June.

It's been a week, but we are hopeful for a nomination soon.
Why don't you try mailing them, they have been extremely responsive in our case for emails. You should get a reply mostly.

sujd

May 4, 2020
Hi, we also got the NOI on 13th Feb, but due to the lockdown, we had applied for an extension and got the same until May 31st, 2020. However, we were asked to submit the application with whatever details we had by March 28th (the deadline). While we sent the pending documents on mail on May 31st 2020, we got an email on June 2nd saying our application is complete and is assessing. The rest of the timelines are as :-

1. Application Submitted (with extension received) - 31st May
2. Email regarding completeness - June 2nd
3. Additional Documentation Request - 5th June
4. Additional Documents submitted - 17th June
5. Decision in Progress - 17th June.

It's been a week, but we are hopeful for a nomination soon.
Why don't you try mailing them, they have been extremely responsive in our case for emails. You should get a reply mostly.
That's good.

Have written to them twice already and got the standard 60-90 days window to process response. Still in DIP status.. it's the 90th day since our oinp application submission.

It's safe to say that we're going crazy

Anigow1234

May 28, 2020
That's good.

Have written to them twice already and got the standard 60-90 days window to process response. Still in DIP status.. it's the 90th day since our oinp application submission.

It's safe to say that we're going crazy
Going crazy is relatable, we had a lot of inhibitions when we were awaiting our extension request. And, yours is DIP since April 24th, so technically, its till the 60th day, since DIP stage.

And, I also spoke to a friend of mine who's in Canada today morning, he said nominations should be issued soon as things are slowly getting back to normal.

Goodluck!