+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of Employment for Home Support Worker Pilot 4412

Fabby

May 22, 2020
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have always wanted to work in Canada as a Caregiver that is why I took a Caregiver course here in Dubai where I live. Since I finished my program, I have been applying for jobs in Canada but have not gotten any job offer yet. Please can you recommend a site I can use for jobs Application as a Caregiver.

May 27, 2020
Hi, can anyone let me know that if i am eligible for applying new caregiver program ( home support worker or home child support worker pilot) i have done me ielts with speaking 6.5, listening 6.5, writing 5.5, reading 5.5 moreover i have elderly care or home support worker experience from last 3 years to present but my qualification is 12th grade from india. Can anyone explain me if i can send my 12th certificate to get ECA. Please help me to figure out this.

BECA RCIC

May 27, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hi, can anyone let me know that if i am eligible for applying new caregiver program ( home support worker or home child support worker pilot) i have done me ielts with speaking 6.5, listening 6.5, writing 5.5, reading 5.5 moreover i have elderly care or home support worker experience from last 3 years to present but my qualification is 12th grade from india. Can anyone explain me if i can send my 12th certificate to get ECA. Please help me to figure out this.
Hi there, there is a minimum requirement of 1 year post secondary education, in Canada or abroad (requires ECA). in addition with admissibility tests.

Bing

gentlesoul78

Jun 16, 2020
For some that might be interested in appyingvfor these jobs and dont know how to go about it.
Applying for a job in Canada is pretty much like applying to a job anywhere else, you need to show some level of competence on your CV.
First thing first, did you write your CV in the Canadian style? If you havent, do so.

Secondly, you want to get a caregiver job in Canada, do you know that caregivers undergo training in Canada that take anywhere from 6-9months and graduate as personal support workers, continuing care aides etc and this training cost anywhere from $2000CAD? These set of indivituals earn the highest wages in the industry.
Due to the high demand for care workers, a lot of care companies still hire workers without the PSW certificate and conduct in house induction training for them.
So you that is applying from outside the country, dont you think you should at least meet them half way and take a few courses maybe in childcare, eldercare, dementia care, food handling etc

Please readhttps://caregiverimmigration.blogspot.com/2020/04/how-to-get-caregiver-job-in-canada.html?m=1
Is a long term facility considered ? Thx

richmond08

Jan 4, 2020
Longvterm facilities are considered. The only employers not considered are embassies and consulates
The only employers not considered are embassies and consulates -- this is true and must be outside Quebec since they have their own rules.

However, long term care and hospitals are not eligible for the pathway as stated in the noc code:
4412 – Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations
Home support workers provide personal care and companionship for seniors, persons with disabilities and convalescent clients. Care is provided within the client's residence, in which the home support worker may also reside. They are employed by home care and support agencies, private households, or they may be self-employed. Housekeepers perform housekeeping and other home management duties in private households and other non-institutional, residential settings.

@christalynDD hope this helps to clarify your question. Feel free to call IRCC to verify. I have the same question about eligible employer and facilities but didn't want to risk long term care/hospital facilities for this pathway.

Does this pathway apply to all of Canada?
Aside from Quebec

Reactions: Twinkleberry

Mahima89

Sep 15, 2020
How long is it taking for the acceptance letter to the initial application of Home support worker program to come? I am planning to apply for my one year post grad work visa and home support worker program together and then wait for the reply. Is one year enough time or will I have to go back?

richmond08

Jan 4, 2020
How long is it taking for the acceptance letter to the initial application of Home support worker program to come? I am planning to apply for my one year post grad work visa and home support worker program together and then wait for the reply. Is one year enough time or will I have to go back?
Not sure what you meant about "acceptance letter to initial application", are you referring to AOR (acknowledgment of receipt)? If yes, you can get AOR as soon as you apply for PGWP (online) and it takes 6-8 months for Home Support Worker Pilot (at this time; paper based) then 12 months of processing in total.

If you were able to find an employer that will give you an Offer of Employment in a full-time PSW job and you've completed all requirements needed then you can apply for the HSW pilot program right away, but if not it is okay to apply for PGWP first then look for a full-time job then apply the pilot program while your PGWP is still valid so you will be on an implied status even PGWP has expired.

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Longvterm facilities are considered. The only employers not considered are embassies and consulates
The type of employer (whether private indivitual or special care homes) to be considered under the home support worker pilot is not defined on the pilot's website. So to be on the safe side though, i think its best to apply to private indivituals

kabayan

Apr 28, 2010
CANADA
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-20-2010
Doc's Request.
10-18-2010; 2nd(September 2014)
AOR Received.
1st 10-18-2010; 2nd(London VO) 06-16-2011
IELTS Request
10-29/30-2010
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Request
October 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014 ADVO RCvD on 23-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 2015
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have always wanted to work in Canada as a Caregiver that is why I took a Caregiver course here in Dubai where I live. Since I finished my program, I have been applying for jobs in Canada but have not gotten any job offer yet. Please can you recommend a site I can use for jobs Application as a Caregiver.
There are many agencies matching caregivers with potential employers. However, as this is a long process, I would recommend to get an ECA already(either WES or IQAS) and take your English Exam. IELTS and CELPIP are both available in Dubai.

Reactions: Jep

kabayan

Apr 28, 2010
CANADA
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-20-2010
Doc's Request.
10-18-2010; 2nd(September 2014)
AOR Received.
1st 10-18-2010; 2nd(London VO) 06-16-2011
IELTS Request
10-29/30-2010
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Request
October 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014 ADVO RCvD on 23-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 2015
The PGWP you will use for the CEC pathway for EE is different than applying for the caregiver pilot.

If you are applying for the caregiver pilot, note that it is an outland application. It takes a year now to process

If you want to use your PGWP to support your CEC application via EE, the work must be in NOC 0, A, B

Reactions: Princes2020

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Are there any specific requirements for the first aid course? I mean there r several institutions offering first aid courses. Is Red Cross/red crescent first aid course eligible?

JaneDoe001

Oct 18, 2020
Hi,
Can I still be an employer even if I am a Canadian working in the US? Or do I have to reside in Canada? Person to be taken care off still lives in Canada.