+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of Employment for Home Support Worker Pilot 4412

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
No problem! Btw, do you know if we have to stick to 1 client in their home (same with private employer) while completing the 24 months of experience with an agency? Some agencies especially gov't funded have several clients a day but private agencies they focus on 1-3 clients a day or week.. I still have to confirm this to IRCC.
If you were employed by a home care agency i.e your agency hires caregivers and deploys them to clients' homes to provide care. In this case the home care agency is your primary employer and you dont have to stick with them if you are not comfortable with them. Thats why the work permit is open.

Since the employer is the care agency and not the client, it doesnt matter the number of clients the agency assigns to you in a day or week, you will have to visit their homes and provide care to them (as long as you are still hired and working for the agency).

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020
Hi,

Under the employer information section on the offer of employment, is it okay if the employer's name is an agency's name (e.g ABC Inc.) or does it have to be a private employer's name (e.g Mr Smith)? Has anyone applied for the program and PR application using an agency's name?

I have a job opportunity in an agency but undecided if I should continue or not because the employer's name will be the company's name instead of the client's name that I'm going to take care of. I just don't want to regret that in the end IRCC might not consider my application just because of it.

Thank you in advance.
Hi please can you me to the agency that got the job for me . I have done my IELTS and also I have gotten my result verified by Wes and I have 5years experience as a care giver am applying outside Canada. Thanks

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
For some that might be interested in appyingvfor these jobs and dont know how to go about it.
Applying for a job in Canada is pretty much like applying to a job anywhere else, you need to show some level of competence on your CV.
First thing first, did you write your CV in the Canadian style? If you havent, do so.

Secondly, you want to get a caregiver job in Canada, do you know that caregivers undergo training in Canada that take anywhere from 6-9months and graduate as personal support workers, continuing care aides etc and this training cost anywhere from $2000CAD? These set of indivituals earn the highest wages in the industry.
Due to the high demand for care workers, a lot of care companies still hire workers without the PSW certificate and conduct in house induction training for them.
So you that is applying from outside the country, dont you think you should at least meet them half way and take a few courses maybe in childcare, eldercare, dementia care, food handling etc

Please readhttps://caregiverimmigration.blogspot.com/2020/04/how-to-get-caregiver-job-in-canada.html?m=1

richmond08

Jan 4, 2020
If you were employed by a home care agency i.e your agency hires caregivers and deploys them to clients' homes to provide care. In this case the home care agency is your primary employer and you dont have to stick with them if you are not comfortable with them. Thats why the work permit is open.

Since the employer is the care agency and not the client, it doesnt matter the number of clients the agency assigns to you in a day or week, you will have to visit their homes and provide care to them (as long as you are still hired and working for the agency).
Thanks again Twinkleberry! I have confirmed from a CIC agent that working for an agency is eligible as long as you meet the requirements for the Home Support Worker Pathway and I noticed that in the offer letter you can add all the clients you've had while completing the 24 months experience.

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Thank you richmond08 for the update. That is good to know.
Please can you tell me how you are able to reach ircc now?
Are you within Canada?
Do you call them on phone or you contact them by the webform?
How long does it take them to reply if you send them a message?

ayuk1983

Apr 23, 2020
Hi,

Under the employer information section on the offer of employment, is it okay if the employer's name is an agency's name (e.g ABC Inc.) or does it have to be a private employer's name (e.g Mr Smith)? Has anyone applied for the program and PR application using an agency's name?

I have a job opportunity in an agency but undecided if I should continue or not because the employer's name will be the company's name instead of the client's name that I'm going to take care of. I just don't want to regret that in the end IRCC might not consider my application just because of it.

Thank you in advance.

ayuk1983

Apr 23, 2020
Hi , please can you assist me with recruiting agencies in Canada or even private employers, I am searching for a job for me and my spouse . am a food technologist and my spouse is a welder. we need a genuine job agency or employer that can assist us get employment in Canada before we embark on the immigration program

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hi , please can you assist me with recruiting agencies in Canada or even private employers, I am searching for a job for me and my spouse . am a food technologist and my spouse is a welder. we need a genuine job agency or employer that can assist us get employment in Canada before we embark on the immigration program
Are you guys looking to get caregiver jobs in Canada under the new home child care provider or home support worker immigration pilot?
You do know that most recruiters charge money to help you get jobs? Have you tried searching for jobs yourself?

Angela1983

Apr 23, 2020
Hi All, please can someone enlighten me on how to get your certificates verified by WES. do you need to pay money before they evaluate / verify it ?
AS for the IELTS, if you have a score of 6, can you apply for a Canadian visa?

Angela1983

Apr 23, 2020
For some that might be interested in appyingvfor these jobs and dont know how to go about it.
Applying for a job in Canada is pretty much like applying to a job anywhere else, you need to show some level of competence on your CV.
First thing first, did you write your CV in the Canadian style? If you havent, do so.

Secondly, you want to get a caregiver job in Canada, do you know that caregivers undergo training in Canada that take anywhere from 6-9months and graduate as personal support workers, continuing care aides etc and this training cost anywhere from $2000CAD? These set of indivituals earn the highest wages in the industry.
Due to the high demand for care workers, a lot of care companies still hire workers without the PSW certificate and conduct in house induction training for them.
So you that is applying from outside the country, dont you think you should at least meet them half way and take a few courses maybe in childcare, eldercare, dementia care, food handling etc

Please readhttps://caregiverimmigration.blogspot.com/2020/04/how-to-get-caregiver-job-in-canada.html?m=1

Angela1983

Apr 23, 2020
Hi all , please can some one sent me the link for short courses in welding or companies in Canada willing to take people for internship. I want to apply from south Africa.

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
You
Hi All, please can someone enlighten me on how to get your certificates verified by WES. do you need to pay money before they evaluate / verify it ?
AS for the IELTS, if you have a score of 6, can you apply for a Canadian visa?
You didnt say if you needed WES assessment for study or immigration.
To get assessment from WES you have to register on their website first and pay to get your unique code/id that will be used to generate your transcript from your university.
IELTs band 6 is enough to get you into the new Canada caregiver immigration pilot

richmond08

Jan 4, 2020
Thank you richmond08 for the update. That is good to know.
Please can you tell me how you are able to reach ircc now?
Are you within Canada?
Do you call them on phone or you contact them by the webform?
How long does it take them to reply if you send them a message?
I contacted them weeks before the lockdown/restrictions happened. Yes, I'm in Canada and contact them through phone most of the time. If you send a webform they usually reply 3-5 business days.

christalynDD

May 12, 2019
I do not think that should be an issue.
The decription of a valid offer of employment on ircc website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker/no-experience-eligibility.html

It specifies that the employer should not be an embassy, consulate or high commission. That means anybody at all can give you a job offer (individtual, or organisation). As long as theyre not an embassy, high commission, consulate or located in Quebec
Is a long term facility considered ? Thx