+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of Employment for Home Support Worker Pilot 4412

richmond08

Jan 4, 2020
Hi,

Under the employer information section on the offer of employment, is it okay if the employer's name is an agency's name (e.g ABC Inc.) or does it have to be a private employer's name (e.g Mr Smith)? Has anyone applied for the program and PR application using an agency's name?

I have a job opportunity in an agency but undecided if I should continue or not because the employer's name will be the company's name instead of the client's name that I'm going to take care of. I just don't want to regret that in the end IRCC might not consider my application just because of it.

Thank you in advance.

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
I do not think that should be an issue.
The decription of a valid offer of employment on ircc website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker/no-experience-eligibility.html

It specifies that the employer should not be an embassy, consulate or high commission. That means anybody at all can give you a job offer (individtual, or organisation). As long as theyre not an embassy, high commission, consulate or located in Quebec

richmond08

Jan 4, 2020
I do not think that should be an issue.
The decription of a valid offer of employment on ircc website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker/no-experience-eligibility.html

It specifies that the employer should not be an embassy, consulate or high commission. That means anybody at all can give you a job offer (individtual, or organisation). As long as theyre not an embassy, high commission, consulate or located in Quebec
Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for confirming this, Twinkleberry! I also called IRCC to double confirm and the agent told me it should be fine since officers look into the responsibilities, hours, and genuine offer plus the reason you mentioned above.

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hi, do the employee need a 1 year pid experience as caregiver before they can come here in canada?
If you look at the checklist form for the home support worker pilot, some of the documents listed there as what you will need to provide as proof of your ability to do this job is reference letter from present or past employer of a paid or unpaid job you hold/held. So, a volunteer work experience should be acceptable.
Also related or relevant training in caregiving should also serve as proof of ability to do the job.

richmond08

Jan 4, 2020
Thats a relief. Thanks for letting me know. I also have an offer from a company, i already knew from the government website that it was ok but its good to hear it from their lips.
No problem! Btw, do you know if we have to stick to 1 client in their home (same with private employer) while completing the 24 months of experience with an agency? Some agencies especially gov't funded have several clients a day but private agencies they focus on 1-3 clients a day or week.. I still have to confirm this to IRCC.

drprince

Dec 21, 2019
Hi..how can I get a job offer...Please help a friend...Is it easier if I come into Canada on a visitor visa to take a course and attend Interviews..Please advice me..

J Rafols

Mar 20, 2020
Hi, I am new here. Could someone enlighten me the how to start on this pathway? My employer wants to support me as a caregiver for her mother. I am already inside canada. I am still a student but will graduate this april. Hoping I could start early for the requirements. Thank you.

richmond08

Jan 4, 2020
Hi..how can I get a job offer...Please help a friend...Is it easier if I come into Canada on a visitor visa to take a course and attend Interviews..Please advice me..
You can't take or apply for any course if you're under tourist visa. You have to apply for student visa as an international student before coming to Canada.

Reactions: J Rafols

J Rafols

Mar 20, 2020
You can't take or apply for any course if you're under tourist visa. You have to apply for student visa as an international student before coming to Canada.
If you’re on a visitor visa. You cannot work or do other business here aside from being just a visitor.. :) you could come here through other ways like being a student or having a work permit to be able to work..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please house I need visa to canada to work as Nancy I have 4yrs experience please help a sis
Unfortunately there are no jobs or employers here.

To qualify for a visa, you first need to find an employer in Canada who is willing to hire you.