+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

alfadvin

Jun 22, 2023
I received an update regarding my Citizenship oath today, and you can find the updated timeline here. However, I have not yet received the official invitation email, and I'm uncertain whether the ceremony will be conducted in person or online. I'm curious to know if anyone knows the specific point in the process when I can request an e-certificate instead of a physical one.

Citizenship
Application Type: Online and Individual
  • Application sent: 15 Oct 2022
  • AOR: 25 Oct 2022
  • BG Check Completed: 20 Jan 2023
  • Test Invite / Taken / Completed: 2 Mar / 10 Mar / 13 Mar 2023
  • Language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions completed: 14 Jun 2023
  • Tracker update: 16 Jun 2023
  • Citizenship oath update: Jun 28, 2023
  • Citizenship oath tracker update: Jun 30, 2023
  • Scheduled for Citizenship oath: Jul 10, 2023
I received my oath invite today and it is going to be online over Zoom. I would appreciate it if someone could let me know whether I have the option to request an e-certificate instead of a physical one.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I received my oath invite today and it is going to be online over Zoom. I would appreciate it if someone could let me know whether I have the option to request an e-certificate instead of a physical one.
Oath invite email will provide you info about the certificate. If it says paper you can reply to the email and ask. Some do provide. Others ask you to reschedule. You can also discuss the same with the oath officer on oath date.

Reactions: alfadvin

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Officially SIX MONTHS since I took my test. LPP still in progress. Smh!!
Congrats on the milestone :) Your case helps build expectations for those waiting. And re-emphasizes - never build any of your plans centered around your application to IRCC. The wait could be very long.

Reactions: Keyjoe23
Mar 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-01-2016
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Officially SIX MONTHS since I took my test. LPP still in progress. Smh!!
It wont hurt asking help from your MP. For others they say it doesn't work but for us I believe it does. We completed our test mid September 2022 and nothing changed until mid May 2023. That's around 8 months of waiting after taking the test. We requested assistance from our MP and by early June 2023 we are already scheduled for oath.

sunilm

Sep 5, 2015
Scheduled to attend citizenship ceremony on July 18, 2023. Not yet received the official invitation email