+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

vinitdoc

Jun 28, 2023
Hi
I applied for Canadian citizenship in February,2020. It is more than 3 years and it is still under process.I passed my citizenship exam 6 months back
Please help

waqar001

Star Member
Nov 15, 2012
Hi
I applied for Canadian citizenship in February,2020. It is more than 3 years and it is still under process.I passed my citizenship exam 6 months back
Please help
If I were you, I would call and send webform to IRCC everyday to see what is going on.

lcpng

Star Member
Sep 30, 2022
Took the ceremony yesterday, and I requested for e-certificate.
Received an email today to register and download e certificate. But when I logged in it says I'll have to wait 2-5 business day to download, 2nd day will be tomorrow I will keep everyone posted. :)

Reactions: divyamp_88

harsh237

Dec 22, 2021
anyone else's application still at Sydney, NS office? My citizenship test was completed on the tracker on 21st Feb and no movement with LPP since then.

People who applied much later and had their applications in Scarborough office have all got Oath invites or received passport already. What's wrong with the agents at Sydney office?

lcpng

Star Member
Sep 30, 2022
Who is eligible to apply for an e-certificate, and what is the process? Does it take longer to get an e-certificate compared to a paper one?
I think everyone is, we have an upcoming travel that's why I opted to request an e copy than the paper. I am not sure which one is longer to received I think it depends which office is processing your application too.

Hasas33

May 19, 2023
anyone else's application still at Sydney, NS office? My citizenship test was completed on the tracker on 21st Feb and no movement with LPP since then.

People who applied much later and had their applications in Scarborough office have all got Oath invites or received passport already. What's wrong with the agents at Sydney office?
Same here, at least you got test invitation, for me, no single movement

Nelliez

Jun 28, 2023
Hi everyone,

Please I’ve been trying to call IRCC but I never get to speak with an agent. It always says they are having high number of calls, try again later.
Please is there a way to contact them easily?

We submitted a family application and my husband has been outside canada for a while and has not been tracking his application. We tracked his application today and his citizenship test which was taken/passed on March 4th is still showing ‘in progress’. I am not sure what the issue is as there has been no movement in our application since March 2nd.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Hi everyone,

Please I’ve been trying to call IRCC but I never get to speak with an agent. It always says they are having high number of calls, try again later.
Please is there a way to contact them easily?

We submitted a family application and my husband has been outside canada for a while and has not been tracking his application. We tracked his application today and his citizenship test which was taken/passed on March 4th is still showing ‘in progress’. I am not sure what the issue is as there has been no movement in our application since March 2nd.
This is not unusual. The line is super busy all the time. You need to have patience and keep trying. Even if you reach them, all that you will hear is that the application is in progress and well within the processing timelines. Test passed in Mar and still showing 'in progress' is also not unusual. There are many on this forum still waiting. There is nothing you can do to expedite. Patience and more patience is all that we have learnt dealing with IRCC.

Reactions: Nelliez

Nelliez

Jun 28, 2023
This is not unusual. The line is super busy all the time. You need to have patience and keep trying. Even if you reach them, all that you will hear is that the application is in progress and well within the processing timelines. Test passed in Mar and still showing 'in progress' is also not unusual. There are many on this forum still waiting. There is nothing you can do to expedite. Patience and more patience is all that we have learnt dealing with IRCC.

Thanks for your response. We were able to speak to agent this morning. And we guessed right, there is an issue. My husband has to retake his test.