+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

pvivek5828

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

Glad to see everyone's file moving forward. I received by AOR for paper application on 6th December, 2022. When should I expect next update?
I just wanna be prepared for test in case it will come by the end of the month

hazim84

Aug 14, 2017
Received my AOR today morning! date on the paper shows 6th Dec

Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1106
Application: Single
Application sent: 2022-10-02
Delivered: 2022-10-07
AOR: 2022-12-06
my ECAS changed to in process yesterday 6th Feb (no change in tracker, no GU or status changes just ECAS). excel can be updated
In Process ECAS 2023-02-06

Reactions: Semeg

utdrub

Mar 16, 2019
Hi. How was the exam ? Thank you.
I thought it was fair and easy. I read the book twice and watched that YouTube video. There’s a million quizzes online, but I think understanding the material was more important than a specific question online. I feel growing up just south probably helps with regard to some history and geography.

De_Boss

Oct 7, 2020
How would you know which office is working on your file?
Check your AOR email attachment, and scroll down to the end of the attachment.

Just also wondering if any Ontario October online application has got test invite

Last edited:
Reactions: sibnadian

canadian787

Oct 2, 2022
  1. Applied on October 1, 2022
  2. Type: Online application
  3. Location: Edmonton, AB
  4. Physical Presence Days: 1750
  5. Application: Single
  6. AOR: October 17, 2022
  7. Fingerprint Request: January 25, 2023
  8. Test Invite: January 25, 2023
  9. Test taken: January 30, 2023
  10. Test update to completed: Feb 4, 2023
  11. *BG still in progress

Reactions: Shayna22

abhimanyu_ahlawat

Dec 6, 2021
I thought it was fair and easy. I read the book twice and watched that YouTube video. There’s a million quizzes online, but I think understanding the material was more important than a specific question online. I feel growing up just south probably helps with regard to some history and geography.
Can you please share the link to that youtube video?

abhimanyu_ahlawat

Dec 6, 2021
Here is my timeline:
Applied: Oct 25
AOR: Nov 10 (Thanks to the group members for their help)
Tracker Shows last updated on: Jan 19

When can I expect to see the test invite or the next steps?

canadian787

Oct 2, 2022
Check your AOR email attachment, and scroll down to the end of the attachment.

Just also wondering if any Ontario October online application has got test invite
Not true. My AOR says Nova Scotia but my office is Vancouver. I got my test from IRCC Vancouver and also confirmed this with the IRCC agent on phone

Reactions: sibnadian

De_Boss

Oct 7, 2020
Not true. My AOR says Nova Scotia but my office is Vancouver. I got my test from IRCC Vancouver and also confirmed this with the IRCC agent on the phone
Alright, probably the test invites are province based, the local offices could be responsible for handling the test but I know that the citizenship grant is processed in Sydney Nova Scotia

canadian787

Oct 2, 2022
Alright, probably the test invites are province based, the local offices could be responsible for handling the test but I know that the citizenship grant is processed in Sydney Nova Scotia
For majority cases Sydney only issues AORs. They check the app to make sure everything is complete and then the file is assigned to a different IRCC office. This IRCC office will process your file and in most cases, send out test invites. This office might also schedule your oath or forward your file to your local IRCC office based on your residence for oath scheduling

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
So you directly got email for test without any change in tracker. This looks like an issue with the tracker. In the backend maybe all your status is at some other level. You should call IRCC and check the actual status. Also parallely raise a webform so they rectify this issue.
Oh yeah? I will call the IRCC then. what is the best number to reach them?
Thank you :)

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018
my ECAS changed to in process yesterday 6th Feb (no change in tracker, no GU or status changes just ECAS). excel can be updated
In Process ECAS 2023-02-06
Hi this may sound doubt but what is ECAS. I have tried to Google it but not sure what it means.

Also for paper application when they send AOR, the status says in progress for LLP and background check. Will IRCC send another notification to inform you that its in progress?