+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
There are a lot of us. IRCC is processing Jan-2022 and after applications within the 1 year window and trying to slowly catch-up on the older applications. Doesn't make sense, but then.. its a govt. office.
This is not exactly true. I am a March 2022 applicant and got a test invitation after 11 months (Feb 2023) and there are quite a few like me out there.

feolu

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hello Guys, I applied in October 2021. My test was completed in July 2022 after that no movement everything else in progress even the background check its been over a year!! Is there anyone in the same situation?
Same timeline and situation. Still waiting for Niagara office

vir

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Hello everyone, it doesn’t understand how the citizenship process works, someone has applied in July 2022 and got Oath invitations in February and we many of October 2021 waiting . Anyone have any information

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hello everyone, it doesn’t understand how the citizenship process works, someone has applied in July 2022 and got Oath invitations in February and we many of October 2021 waiting . Anyone have any information
Before I start I have nothing against any group of people I'm only telling the facts and reality going on right now because the people need to know
Your name looks Indian name if you're really Indian you'll be the first Indian facing troubles with IRCC that proves you're unlucky person you'll be surprised from what I'm talking about but in reality I'm explaining what's really going on with IRCC process because IRCC now only processing Indian files before you say anything about what I'm saying I'll give you 3 recent examples I've seen by my self the last one Jan 27 I've attended 3 ceremonies with my 3 different friends all 3 with Scarborough office the recent one the number of people attending was 150 person 1 south African 1 European 2 Asian 1 Arab that's count 5 out of the 150 the leftover which is 145 all Indians the one before that held on Jan 24 the attending people 98 person 2 south African 2 Latinos 2 Arab 2 Asian the 90 leftover all Indians then the third one which held on Jan 17 the attending persons was 87 person 1 south African 1 Latino and the 85 leftover all Indians this is the fact and reality that's going on now with IRCC in all 3 the judge was Indian the clerk Indian and the processing officer Indian and for your interest I was attending with my Indian friends and we were laughing about it all of that and I'm a Nov 2021 applicant who still waiting and I was letting my friends asking them when they've applied their answers 2021 and 2022 the longest between them was 1 year while almost all of them between 6 to 8 months

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Before I start I have nothing against any group of people I'm only telling the facts and reality going on right now because the people need to know
Your name looks Indian name if you're really Indian you'll be the first Indian facing troubles with IRCC that proves you're unlucky person you'll be surprised from what I'm talking about but in reality I'm explaining what's really going on with IRCC process because IRCC now only processing Indian files before you say anything about what I'm saying I'll give you 3 recent examples I've seen by my self the last one Jan 27 I've attended 3 ceremonies with my 3 different friends all 3 with Scarborough office the recent one the number of people attending was 150 person 1 south African 1 European 2 Asian 1 Arab that's count 5 out of the 150 the leftover which is 145 all Indians the one before that held on Jan 24 the attending people 98 person 2 south African 2 Latinos 2 Arab 2 Asian the 90 leftover all Indians then the third one which held on Jan 17 the attending persons was 87 person 1 south African 1 Latino and the 85 leftover all Indians this is the fact and reality that's going on now with IRCC in all 3 the judge was Indian the clerk Indian and the processing officer Indian and for your interest I was attending with my Indian friends and we were laughing about it all of that and I'm a Nov 2021 applicant who still waiting and I was letting my friends asking them when they've applied their answers 2021 and 2022 the longest between them was 1 year while almost all of them between 6 to 8 months
Heresay doesn't make for evidence. There's plenty of Indians and white Europeans waiting from 2021 (online apps). The real issue is that there's a 25% backlog and ircc have been sitting on files. It's uncertain as to what criteria was used to decide who got processed and who got backlogged (perhaps someone can make an information act request to know the working policy), but the bottomline is that tens of thousands of online 2021 files from Sep-Nov are being processed slowly.

The other factor is background screening. Most 2021 file delays can be attributed to security screening by ircc. We have seen plenty of cases where, once background was approved, the file moved very quickly.

As to those people waiting for oath for months or years, there's no explanation available.

Reactions: rush171 and feolu

Dorian_M

Nov 16, 2022
Heresay doesn't make for evidence. There's plenty of Indians and white Europeans waiting from 2021 (online apps). The real issue is that there's a 25% backlog and ircc have been sitting on files. It's uncertain as to what criteria was used to decide who got processed and who got backlogged (perhaps someone can make an information act request to know the working policy), but the bottomline is that tens of thousands of online 2021 files from Sep-Nov are being processed slowly.

The other factor is background screening. Most 2021 file delays can be attributed to security screening by ircc. We have seen plenty of cases where, once background was approved, the file moved very quickly.

As to those people waiting for oath for months or years, there's no explanation available.
I’m not agree with you! Have my background check done since May 17th 2022 and still waiting LPP to be done!

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018

I won't answer the part you calling a proven fact as heresy because a small question to anyone who attended an oath will support that fact plus an even smaller search into how the filles going around but I'll skip this part because you've mentioned a good part which is supporting the fact that I mentioned on how the bias and laziness of IRCC in making up and picking up and putting files for no logical reason on hold using the dead excuses as covid19 background check, still within processing time and the worst excuses that nobody really mentions the stupid quota each month they just fill the quota with any file they face according to their bias so we ending with people like me from the dates you've mentioned Sep-Nov 2021 plus unfortunate people from 2018,2019,2020 setting on the side as what they call a backlog which they made then the question is why the other people don't face the dead excuses why people before 2022 facing minimum of 7 to infinite time for FP security check while after 2022 its finished within 2 weeks to 2 months why a finished files waiting for oath setting aside before 2022 while after 2022 files just started already having its place in oath like or not its all supporting the fact I'm talking about.
bias, racism, laziness But nobody likes facts when it get mentioned just like the fact that nobody believes that we all slaves for the system that supports the higher class of the society that's another topic I won't dive in

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016

OMG dude use punctuation and right grammar. There is not a single full stop lol. It took ages to decipher where to put a full stop so the sentence makes sense. Second, since Indians are the group getting the most PRs isn't it obvious they'll be the most common group in Citizenship too?

Reactions: Neha_shah

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
OMG dude use punctuation and right grammar. There is not a single full stop lol. It took ages to decipher where to put a full stop so the sentence makes sense. Second, since Indians are the group getting the most PRs isn't it obvious they'll be the most common group in Citizenship too?
damn in this case I'm not passing your English test by they way where is your first world as long you saying second no worries I got your back and in grammar way as long we writing essay for IELTS so OMG should written in this structure oh my God oh wait a minute why the time is slow at your end because from my end it shows that it took you only 1 minute to read my comment maybe your decoding system running in an old version because I can see that from your second part when you concluded that as Long they got the most PRs which is grammarly wrong but no worries I got you they should get most of the citizenship to be honest it's the best equation I've ever seen although I want to thank you for mentioning the second part because you've just supported the facts that everyone disagree with one last thing I made this comment just like how like it with no punctuation and no grammars

• Haha
Reactions: e_ca

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I won't answer the part you calling a proven fact as heresy because a small question to anyone who attended an oath will support that fact plus an even smaller search into how the filles going around but I'll skip this part because you've mentioned a good part which is supporting the fact that I mentioned on how the bias and laziness of IRCC in making up and picking up and putting files for no logical reason on hold using the dead excuses as covid19 background check, still within processing time and the worst excuses that nobody really mentions the stupid quota each month they just fill the quota with any file they face according to their bias so we ending with people like me from the dates you've mentioned Sep-Nov 2021 plus unfortunate people from 2018,2019,2020 setting on the side as what they call a backlog which they made then the question is why the other people don't face the dead excuses why people before 2022 facing minimum of 7 to infinite time for FP security check while after 2022 its finished within 2 weeks to 2 months why a finished files waiting for oath setting aside before 2022 while after 2022 files just started already having its place in oath like or not its all supporting the fact I'm talking about.
bias, racism, laziness But nobody likes facts when it get mentioned just like the fact that nobody believes that we all slaves for the system that supports the higher class of the society that's another topic I won't dive in
You're right to blame ircc but why are you singling out Indians and how can you tell them apart from other Asians in virtual ceremony? And do you specifically mean Indians of a certain religious or ethnic background? I suspect you have imported certain racism or hatred from your home country. It's better to leave it behind.

If there's racism by IRCC, it affects all South Asian minority groups, Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan and Bangladeshi equally. You don't gain anything by hate.

Reactions: feolu and Neha_shah

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
You're right to blame ircc but why are you singling out Indians and how can you tell them apart from other Asians in virtual ceremony? And do you specifically mean Indians of a certain religious or ethnic background? I suspect you have imported certain racism or hatred from your home country. It's better to leave it behind.

If there's racism by IRCC, it affects all South Asian minority groups, Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan and Bangladeshi equally. You don't gain anything by hate.
There we go again instead of debating in facts and reality and do a discussion, no this guy mentioned this group of people let's attack him with racism.did you even read my first comment when I've said with who I've attended the ceremonies, because it wasn't my ceremonies it was my friends ceremonies which were (drum rolls) Indians.plus you accused me with racism while you clearly did the same and attacked my home country by saying I've imported hatred from there, and you didn't stop thier no you've decided to make it even deeper by ok let's go to religion ethinc background,and wallah I've just made this person the worst creature on earth just because I didn't like what he said exactly how the western media works, when they want to make a certain group of people looks the worst in the world.Ok let's destroy your Hersey about me first a reminder in case you didn't see it in my first comment.the friends I've attended the ceremonies with are my closest Indian friends, second I bet you that I know the people you called minorities which I don't like calling them minority because it's a disrespect for them, because I've spend half of my life with them and it was the best half before I came to Canada, and don't ask why I came it's my business not your's.The way you've accused and attacked me with racism and hatred it's exactly what you telling me to get rid of which I don't have.and one final thing if our subject was about the immigrants that Canada brought in 2014,2015 and I told you that Canada brought only Syrians would you attack me in the same way, nah I don't think so,why because you the one who really imported this hatred and racism not only from your back home counrty no but through centuries don't wear the sheep clothes while you're a wolf don't play that game with me. Hopefully you rase your level of knowledge and start discussing instead of attacking. Again facts always hurts.

sam2018

May 23, 2018
Hey.. Just a quick update. Decided to call ircc today and to my surprise I only waited 14 min. Anyway, the Rep said that my file is in good standing and I should wait to be contacted. I've done my test and FB in June but on test is marked as complete. Finally, I asked about the processing office and he reluctantly answered and confirmed it is in Scarborough. I live in Halton region and not sure if we even have a processing centre.

Anyway, either you find it useful or not, this is my share for today.