+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hey.. Just a quick update. Decided to call ircc today and to my surprise I only waited 14 min. Anyway, the Rep said that my file is in good standing and I should wait to be contacted. I've done my test and FB in June but on test is marked as complete. Finally, I asked about the processing office and he reluctantly answered and confirmed it is in Scarborough. I live in Halton region and not sure if we even have a processing centre.

Anyway, either you find it useful or not, this is my share for today.
Is your background complete or security still in progress?

renju mukundan

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Guys quick question, all my sections are completed on 27th of January and there was a ghost update on 31 January, what would be the next process?, I assume it’s the oath and how much time would you think they gonna take to send the ceremonial link ??any idea guys

feolu

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Guys quick question, all my sections are completed on 27th of January and there was a ghost update on 31 January, what would be the next process?, I assume it’s the oath and how much time would you think they gonna take to send the ceremonial link ??any idea guys
I have a friend who called IRCC when she had everything completed. She just told them she needed an Oath appointment ASAP. If you know your office I bet you can send them an email.

sree12311

Sep 25, 2017
Friends just wanted to update that myslef and daughter became citizens on the 24th of Jan, we applied on Oct 21st 2021. Our MP contacted the IRCC for 7 times and it was only due to him our file moved forward. I found this group super helpful and very informative and I am grateful to all the unknown and kind souls who have been helping each other. Fyi, I am Indian but on the ceremony, there were people from 40 countries, total 140. I could see mix of South Asians, Middle East people, Africans and few Europeans. So it is not true that only Indians are getting citizneship even though they receive about 25% of all PR visas. Lets no bring racism into Canada and we are all or will be Canadians soon. Thank you for the moral support. Don't lose hope you will get there!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
If you were there, you've got citizenship so nothing to complain about. Other people are still waiting. So stop posting nonsense that doesn't help those of us who are waiting.

Reactions: rush171

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
If you were there, you've got citizenship so nothing to complain about. Other people are still waiting. So stop posting nonsense that doesn't help those of us who are waiting.
No it's not my oath it's my friend one.
I'm still waiting just like the others.
And I'll keep hunting the fact haters.and expose what's going on around us with IRCC process.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
No it's not my oath it's my friend one.
I'm still waiting just like the others.
And I'll keep hunting the fact haters.and expose what's going on around us with IRCC process.
Frankly, IRCC doesn't care about Indians over other South Asians. They do care about economics (taxes) and simpliticy of one's file (no red flags). Those of us waiting probably have some red flag or the other that has caused a delay. You have refused to discuss your own case such as whether you're caught up in security screening. Then experts can try and advise you on your individual case.

sree12311

Sep 25, 2017
John, I am sure you will get yours soon, in my case my MP was superhelpful and also was getting GCMS notes. GCMS has a due by date and my application was processed exactly as per that date. So I hope you are able to get your GCMS notes. Keep trying for it, you will see the progress. IRCC has to do their due diligence to keep out people who may not be fit to be receive the privilege of Canadian citizenship and I hope they do their job to keep mean people outside this country. All the best to you John!

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Frankly, IRCC doesn't care about Indians over other South Asians. They do care about economics (taxes) and simpliticy of one's file (no red flags). Those of us waiting probably have some red flag or the other that has caused a delay. You have refused to discuss your own case such as whether you're caught up in security screening. Then experts can try and advise you on your individual case.
This kind of discussion I like. I've never been asked about my case, and I never refuse to discuss anything because I have nothing to hide or to lie about.Ok coming to my case I'm just like lot's of applicants who completed BG and test and wating for oath no security issues no red flag just waiting. Criminality completed security completed. Just none sense wating.to be more specific just waiting for an officer to process all the documents and wallah I'm done, when that happening no idea.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
John, I am sure you will get yours soon, in my case my MP was superhelpful and also was getting GCMS notes. GCMS has a due by date and my application was processed exactly as per that date. So I hope you are able to get your GCMS notes. Keep trying for it, you will see the progress. IRCC has to do their due diligence to keep out people who may not be fit to be receive the privilege of Canadian citizenship and I hope they do their job to keep mean people outside this country. All the best to you John!
Thank you, I appreciate the positive words! Unfortunately my MP office refused to help. I have got notes and due dates passed in Dec with no update. Can only wait and keep checking the tracker.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
This kind of discussion I like. I've never been asked about my case, and I never refuse to discuss anything because I have nothing to hide or to lie about.Ok coming to my case I'm just like lot's of applicants who completed BG and test and wating for oath no security issues no red flag just waiting. Criminality completed security completed. Just none sense wating.to be more specific just waiting for an officer to process all the documents and wallah I'm done, when that happening no idea.
You say waiting for oath, that's for people who have decision made. I take it that you're still waiting on language/prohibitions/residency? If there are any doubts, then this stage can take a long time.

Please post your detailed timeline.

renju mukundan

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Guys!!!whoever fighting each other, we all need a smile each other, just smile each other and move on,
Between, one quick question, why I am receiving a lot of ghost updates?? Any idea guys ??