+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I haven't checked inland threads from before the pandemic (late 2019), but does anyone know if they were they mailing forms back for missing the postal codes on IMM 5406 back then too? We (March inland applicants) are the first batch of people that I've seen are having their forms returned for that and I highly doubt that we just happen to be the only ones who are commonly missing that small detail.

I put our address on this form exactly in the format: "123 Apple Street, City, Province, Canada". We haven't gotten our forms returned yet, but I'm worried that we're not quite out of the woods.
someone mentioned they're intentionally returning to clear out the backlog. seems short term solution to bringing numbers down though as most people will reapply within a month anyway. who knows.

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
I'm happy I'm using a lawyer to help with this, seeing how many people have had issues with returned applications. I'll be sending mine this week. Yeah I'll pay a bit for the assistance, but I rather pay than extend the process for making mistakes.

For my citizenship I had no issues, but I wasn't worried and I wasn't in a hurry, plus it seem easier. For my wife I want to get that done as soon as possible.

Reactions: dreamscanadian

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
Package received on 5th. But now being over-anxious about my package because I chose to use a "Pak" package (soft plastic folder, instead of strong cardboard one) delivery.

A question about the OWP and status: do we need to hold a valid visitor visa still after we also delivered our OWP application at the same time? I understand that if we apply for a student/work permit inland we don't need to, but don't know about OWP here...

JosMu

Oct 6, 2020
the full amount increase from 1125 to 1135$ so i requested a refund for the full amount + OWP amount then paid 1135$
Ok I found my mistake I pai the right of permanent residence fee later after my application has been submitted in May. Therefore as the fee changed in April 2020 I already pai the higher amount of 500.

Reactions: MoncefBel

Precypruz

Oct 13, 2020
I will be joining you! We originally submitted hubby's application in March and it got returned incomplete on Thursday as we missed zip codes on IMM5406. now we are getting new photos and FBI identity history summary as those are now expired. As well as the most current forms...there have been some updates in the 7 months since we originally submitted. Hopefully we will have everything resubmitted by the end of the month!!
February 27, my application got returned because we didn't put down the country for one of the address. We are buying a house and we need proof from the govt about our application unless we are going to lose our deposit.

Marvin23

Oct 11, 2020
February 27, my application got returned because we didn't put down the country for one of the address. We are buying a house and we need proof from the govt about our application unless we are going to lose our deposit.
May I know which country you forgot to put in the address? Canada or a foreign country? I'm afraid I made a similar mistake.

MoncefBel

Mar 29, 2020
Ok I found my mistake I pai the right of permanent residence fee later after my application has been submitted in May. Therefore as the fee changed in April 2020 I already pai the higher amount of 500.
oh that's why, cause i know they increased the fee just after we applied back in march, did you resubmit your application or not yet ?

MoncefBel

Mar 29, 2020
sorry that your app got returned, we are all in the same boat apparently they are nit picking and returning apps to clear the backlog they created by not working for almost 7 months.

Marvin23

Oct 11, 2020
Is it in imm5406? If so our application will be returned definitely. I did't put Canada in PA and spouse's address either, as I thought it's an inland application, the address must be in Canada. You know, all of our domestic mails do not include Canada in addresses.

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Package received on 5th. But now being over-anxious about my package because I chose to use a "Pak" package (soft plastic folder, instead of strong cardboard one) delivery.

A question about the OWP and status: do we need to hold a valid visitor visa still after we also delivered our OWP application at the same time? I understand that if we apply for a student/work permit inland we don't need to, but don't know about OWP here...
From what my lawyer said, no, after your visitors visa is done, you have implied status.

We just submitted the application for my wife. She has a tourist visa till March. She said that once that is done she will be in implied status.

Reactions: cad0420

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
From what my lawyer said, no, after your visitors visa is done, you have implied status.

We just submitted the application for my wife. She has a tourist visa till March. She said that once that is done she will be in implied status.
Thank you for the information! That really helped a lot!

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Thank you for the information! That really helped a lot!
the danger of that is if you're OWP is rejected or sent back you will then be out of status. this is why it's usually recommended to apply for an extension because then you're covered in that situation.