App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
I will be joining you! We originally submitted hubby's application in March and it got returned incomplete on Thursday as we missed zip codes on IMM5406. now we are getting new photos and FBI identity history summary as those are now expired. As well as the most current forms...there have been some updates in the 7 months since we originally submitted. Hopefully we will have everything resubmitted by the end of the month!!

• Sad
Reactions: cad0420 and wsidd

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
I will be joining you! We originally submitted hubby's application in March and it got returned incomplete on Thursday as we missed zip codes on IMM5406. now we are getting new photos and FBI identity history summary as those are now expired. As well as the most current forms...there have been some updates in the 7 months since we originally submitted. Hopefully we will have everything resubmitted by the end of the month!!
Missed Zip codes? That seems extremely nitpicky. I didn't put ZIP codes for all addresses either and my application just arrived last week. Sure hope I don't get the same news in 6 months when they look at it. I don't see why they need to return an entire application for such a small error.

Reactions: kial

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Missed Zip codes? That seems extremely nitpicky. I didn't put ZIP codes for all addresses either and my application just arrived last week. Sure hope I don't get the same news in 6 months when they look at it. I don't see why they need to return an entire application for such a small error.
Yes. Blew my mind when we opened it and saw that was the only reason. We had received the biometrics email, pre aor email with temp application number. Then got it returned incomplete

• Angry
Reactions: JosMu

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Yes. Blew my mind when we opened it and saw that was the only reason. We had received the biometrics email, pre aor email with temp application number. Then got it returned incomplete
I think you should file a complaint. They have a huge backlog of applications and it's unacceptable to be setting people's plans back an additional six months because of such ridiculous bureaucratic brainlessness

EDIT: Here is the link to send a complaint
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

Last edited:

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
I think you should file a complaint. They have a huge backlog of applications and it's unacceptable to be setting people's plans back an additional six months because of such a ridiculous bureaucratic brainlessness
I called them on Friday and the agent I spoke with said that it is listed that FULL addresses are required in IMM5406. Which means zip codes too. She didn't care that it was already a 7 month old application. I can probably email and see if I can take it up with someone else, though. Definitely worth trying.

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
do you think if you had sent the updated info after receiving the temp number, they would have still returned the package?

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
do you think if you had sent the updated info after receiving the temp number, they would have still returned the package?
I'm not sure about that. I didn't realize the oversight until we got the package back. But I did send a webform question with the temp application number about a week before it got sent back and I recieved a response that the application was not yet in the system with that application number.

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I'm not sure about that. I didn't realize the oversight until we got the package back. But I did send a webform question with the temp application number about a week before it got sent back and I recieved a response that the application was not yet in the system with that application number.
damn. I really wish they had a better system!

Reactions: lacey

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Sorry, this really sucks. The powers that be here pay a lot of lip service to a "compassionate immigration system". This needs to start in how the small details of the immigration process are handled and not just when there is a government photo op to be had.

Just wondering - did they also send your OWP back along with everything else (assuming you sent in an OWP as well)? I'm also a March inland applicant and they sent my wife's OWP application back last week. I'm hoping the fact that they didn't send anything else back related to the PR application is good news (I assume that they would send everything back together instead of mailing several packages over time), but I've been getting less optimistic the longer this drags on.

Reactions: lacey

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Sorry, this really sucks. The powers that be here pay a lot of lip service to a "compassionate immigration system". This needs to start in how the small details of the immigration process are handled and not just when there is a government photo op to be had.

Just wondering - did they also send your OWP back along with everything else (assuming you sent in an OWP as well)? I'm also a March inland applicant and they sent my wife's OWP application back last week. I'm hoping the fact that they didn't send anything else back related to the PR application is good news (I assume that they would send everything back together instead of mailing several packages over time), but I've been getting less optimistic the longer this drags on.
Yes. They sent the owp back as well. You should be good for your PR application

Reactions: gallagher11

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Yes. They sent the owp back as well. You should be good for your PR application
Thanks for confirming Lacey. Makes me feel a slightly more "out of the woods" now. We actually didn't put our (Canadian) postal codes on that 5406 form, but it's on several other sponsor/PA forms, so I'm hoping that they're not going to mail it back (plus they put the postal code on the envelope when they mailed the OWP back, so what the heck - they clearly have that information... lol)

Just re-mailed my wife's OWP at the post office this morning. She was hoping to be able to start job hunting around now, but looks like that will be delayed a bit longer.

Best of luck -- I don't hope that no one is going to be waiting 7+ months now. The first round of shutdowns I hope was the worst of the delays we've seen.

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Thanks for confirming Lacey. Makes me feel a slightly more "out of the woods" now. We actually didn't put our (Canadian) postal codes on that 5406 form, but it's on several other sponsor/PA forms, so I'm hoping that they're not going to mail it back (plus they put the postal code on the envelope when they mailed the OWP back, so what the heck - they clearly have that information... lol)

Just re-mailed my wife's OWP at the post office this morning. She was hoping to be able to start job hunting around now, but looks like that will be delayed a bit longer.

Best of luck -- I don't hope that no one is going to be waiting 7+ months now. The first round of shutdowns I hope was the worst of the delays we've seen.
Hi Gallagher,

So I've been researching quite a bit on this lack of postal code case and when they return applications to the applicants. From the post histories on this forum, it appears that most people who get theirs returned are missing a Canadian or American postal code.

I also found this response from IRCC from a previous applicant in 2019 in the parents and grandparents sponsorship thread. I noticed your post and wanted to see if I could save you some hardships, a poster with the username elmay back in Nov 11,2017 had her application sent back to her as her husband forgot to indicate his Canadian postal code on this form.

So perhaps you might need to send a webform just to clarify. I could be wrong however, and it could just be luck of the draw on whoever officer picks up the case.

---

IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) is missing or incomplete. Please provide a current, completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Sections A, B and C must be fully completed for this form to be considered complete
(Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address). The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country.
---