+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Yes the Canadian Zip Code, but also the province on the german address of my parents, so I fixed it.
Hi I'm sorry to hear that.. Ugh I wish they would just send people a notice to update via webform.

We're you missing the postal code for your parents German address too?

I found a letter here saying that Canadian and USA postal codes are mandatory it seems... But didn't realize they were that strict

JosMu

Oct 6, 2020
Didn't keep track but 2 ~3 forms got updated please go through the checklist again and check in the bottom left corner the date the form was issued follow this link for guide :
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

you can find your payment history and request a refund by following this website
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

good luck.
I did not find any increased fee's on the website. It still states sponsorship fee 75$, processing fee 475$ and permanent residence fee 500$. Did you ask for a refund of the 550? And I guess we loose the 475$ and have to pay them again?

Last edited:

MoncefBel

Mar 29, 2020
I did not find any increased fee's on the website. It still states sponsorship fee 75$, processing fee 475$ and permanent residence fee 550$. Did you ask for a refund of the 550? And I guess we loose the 475$ and have to pay them again?
the full amount increase from 1125 to 1135$ so i requested a refund for the full amount + OWP amount then paid 1135$

JosMu

Oct 6, 2020
hey guys this is the partner of Josefine, I am a Canadian citizen and I have to say this entire process is making me sick of this country, highly unprofessional to take this long to process a document then send it back because it needs two signatures on one spot, (IMM5669) and another address more legibly clarified (IMM 5406) when our address is clearly displayed on so many other pages not to mention they managed to successfully mail our package back and so they know our address hmm.... meatheads?

Anyway I am all under the belief that we should just correct the two mistakes and not update any dates and just sent it back so technically it's still the old package but just corrected I don't see how this could be a problem.

By the way they managed to also misspell my name, they need to get some better educated people working over there.

I am also slightly tempted to make an arnold schwarzenegger persona and apply as a resident every couple months.

Last edited:
Reactions: JpnCdnrelationship

JosMu

Oct 6, 2020
Hi we're you missing an American or Canadian Zip code on IMM5406?
Canadian zip code, basically our address on the additional family information form. Its misguiding as they say if person is deceased add city and country, but if it isnt, then you need to add everything. Those documents are made to have people fail its super sad.

JosMu

Oct 6, 2020
the full amount increase from 1125 to 1135$ so i requested a refund for the full amount + OWP amount then paid 1135$
Can you please specify the single amounts? I can not find this information. I just spoke to an agnet too and she didnt say anything about rpaying any fees. Which fees did you had to pay? Maybe for you there is an additional fee for your spouse being American as, me as german I only have to pay 550$+75$+475$ and for the open work permit I paid 255$ (155$+100$) and now I also have to pay 200$ for restoration of my status. All in Canadian $

Reactions: MoncefBel

MoncefBel

Mar 29, 2020
Can you please specify the single amounts? I can not find this information. I just spoke to an agnet too and she didnt say anything about rpaying any fees. Which fees did you had to pay? Maybe for you there is an additional fee for your spouse being American as, me as german I only have to pay 550$+75$+475$ and for the open work permit I paid 255$ (155$+100$) and now I also have to pay 200$ for restoration of my status. All in Canadian $
So you pay the following

Sponsor your spouse or partner

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($500) = 1,050 CAD

+ 85 CAD for Biometric fees which bring it to 1135 CAD before it was 1125 CAD

I know they said that applicants within Canada are exempt from providing biometrics but its better to pay it incase they change their minds so i paid 1135CAD for the whole sponsorship without OWP

JosMu

Oct 6, 2020
So you pay the following

Sponsor your spouse or partner

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($500) = 1,050 CAD

+ 85 CAD for Biometric fees which bring it to 1135 CAD before it was 1125 CAD

I know they said that applicants within Canada are exempt from providing biometrics but its better to pay it incase they change their minds so i paid 1135CAD for the whole sponsorship without OWP
ok this is the same I paid when I applied in March, so no increase for me. I guess you must have paid a lower fee in 2019 then or something. Biometrics have been 85$ in 2019 too. So maybe the sponsorship fee increased for you?

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I noticed yesterday that the number of applicants after March dropped drastically in the spreadsheet. Hopefully this indicates an overall decrease of sponsorship applicants and they'll be able to get through the following months much more quickly! April through September each has almost half as many as March!

Reactions: JosMu

Holdyourbreath

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Hi Everyone!! I will be joining you soon. I am march 3rd inland applicant , application reverted yesterday due to missing handwritten signature beside electronically signed IMM5669. Let me review the application once again and get the Canadian police certificate as my old one will expire soon. Once its ready i will reapply as there is no other option. Its very disheartening to see our applications being returned for minor corrections. Let us all get ready to bounce back and grab the AOR/OWP/PR soon.

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi Everyone!! I will be joining you soon. I am march 3rd inland applicant , application reverted yesterday due to missing handwritten signature beside electronically signed IMM5669. Let me review the application once again and get the Canadian police certificate as my old one will expire soon. Once its ready i will reapply as there is no other option. Its very disheartening to see our applications being returned for minor corrections. Let us all get ready to bounce back and grab the AOR/OWP/PR soon.
they are doing such a disservice to return applications after people waiting for so long. it's would be so much easier to request to upload a new signed document.

Reactions: JosMu

Holdyourbreath

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
they are doing such a disservice to return applications after people waiting for so long. it's would be so much easier to request to upload a new signed document.
Exactly!!It would be easy if we send the updated document and they replace it. A question to everyone: Do we need to generate new bar codes for the forms/ Change the old dates, correct our defects and resend or just we need to correct and send back our returned applications? What about new police certificate? Even those are at the verge of expiry. Let me know if I am missing something else while resending application. Response will be helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JosMu

Oct 6, 2020
Exactly!!It would be easy if we send the updated document and they replace it. A question to everyone: Do we need to generate new bar codes for the forms/ Change the old dates, correct our defects and resend or just we need to correct and send back our returned applications? What about new police certificate? Even those are at the verge of expiry. Let me know if I am missing something else while resending application. Response will be helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance.
They updated 3 of their forms. The additional family information IMM5406 also IMM 0008 and the common law declaration. I don't know about the last one but the others need to be filled out again. My consultant also said I should update the date and revalidate all forms and sign again. Mine and my partners work history has changed due to loosing my implied work status and his due to Covid, so I need to add this in my OWP and Imm0008 and his work history as well.

Holdyourbreath

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
They updated 3 of their forms. The additional family information IMM5406 also IMM 0008 and the common law declaration. I don't know about the last one but the others need to be filled out again. My consultant also said I should update the date and revalidate all forms and sign again. Mine and my partners work history has changed due to loosing my implied work status and his due to Covid, so I need to add this in my OWP and Imm0008 and his work history as well.
Thank you for the prompt response!! Its really scary to miss anything while resending our applications.

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Canadian zip code, basically our address on the additional family information form. Its misguiding as they say if person is deceased add city and country, but if it isnt, then you need to add everything. Those documents are made to have people fail its super sad.
I haven't checked inland threads from before the pandemic (late 2019), but does anyone know if they were they mailing forms back for missing the postal codes on IMM 5406 back then too? We (March inland applicants) are the first batch of people that I've seen are having their forms returned for that and I highly doubt that we just happen to be the only ones who are commonly missing that small detail.

I put our address on this form exactly in the format: "123 Apple Street, City, Province, Canada". We haven't gotten our forms returned yet, but I'm worried that we're not quite out of the woods.