+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

sarahmpc

Oct 30, 2020
Hopefully the AORs will pick up soon. Maybe we'll get more this week. Seems like they're going in chronological order with October... even if a bit slower than we'd like.

alyssa1989

Star Member
May 4, 2021
I called them on Friday and the agent I spoke with said that it is listed that FULL addresses are required in IMM5406. Which means zip codes too. She didn't care that it was already a 7 month old application. I can probably email and see if I can take it up with someone else, though. Definitely worth trying.
Hello dear
What number did you call, I did made a call several times but wouldn't get to speak to no one. Oh maybe It's because I don't have a UCI number as yet

Drichoe

Oct 26, 2020
Did you get AOR before that? I haven’t gotten anything since we got temporary AOR I think in December or January!
What is AOR? I didn’t get any AOR but have permanent application number and UCI. After that I got my work permit.

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
Getting more and more anxious when some of the October applicants received their AOR but I still haven't...(Pleazzzzzze no package returned!!!)

Arctichare

Mar 28, 2021
So basically now they already sent the AOR to the most of the first half of December and still most of October applicants didn't get it?

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
The first half of November seems to be lagging too. Bleh. I just want to get that AOR so I can be assured that it won't be returned and I'll have to start all over again.

Holdyourbreath

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
The first half of November seems to be lagging too. Bleh. I just want to get that AOR so I can be assured that it won't be returned and I'll have to start all over again.
This is really scary!! There is no pattern or any logic/order being followed. First half of December received AOR before Nov and Oct.

InderDeol

Apr 26, 2019
Hi everyone! I’m an October applicant. Application received by IRCC on October 22(including a OWP application) Got biometric reminder on Nov 4; temporary AOR received on December 10.

No updates after that.

Called CIC call centre today(called so many times before too, but no positive response) to confirm what’s going on with the application and the representative told that the processing has been started on May 6th/ 2021. He also mentioned that your application is no longer a temporary application; it has passed the completeness check. The application number stays the same, he added. He also confirmed that your sponsor’s eligibility has been reviewed and passed.

So I linked my application to the online account; linked successfully.

However, we never heard back about our OWP application.

Did the similar happen to anybody in the group?

I’m kinda confused with the application number. Thought the permanent application number is gonna be different and thought they would inform when the application becomes permanent.

Kindly advise! Thanks in advance

sarahmpc

Oct 30, 2020
I called IRCC today after almost 6 months of waiting. Our application was received October 29, 2020. The agent I spoke to verified our information and told me that they are currently doing the background check and once that's completed, sponsorship eligibility will be underway. I don't know how accurate any of this information is. He didn't give me an application number or anything but only offered to give me my temporary number, which we already have.

It's interesting that he says my background check is underway, since I'm not able to pull up anything on ECAS.

He did say that we should expect the AOR email sometime soon and mentioned that if they were going to return the application, they would have done so already. I hope this is all true. For now, he's put my mind at ease.

He was also able to update our address over the phone which is great.

Really glad I called.

Reactions: dreamscanadian