+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2020 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

InderDeol

Apr 26, 2019
I called IRCC today after almost 6 months of waiting. Our application was received October 29, 2020. The agent I spoke to verified our information and told me that they are currently doing the background check and once that's completed, sponsorship eligibility will be underway. I don't know how accurate any of this information is. He didn't give me an application number or anything but only offered to give me my temporary number, which we already have.

It's interesting that he says my background check is underway, since I'm not able to pull up anything on ECAS.

He did say that we should expect the AOR email sometime soon and mentioned that if they were going to return the application, they would have done so already. I hope this is all true. For now, he's put my mind at ease.

He was also able to update our address over the phone which is great.

Really glad I called.
Upon calling them today, the agent mentioned that your eligibility is the first thing to be determined and the security/background check would be the last step to be performed.

Every application seems to be processed differently.

Also, did you link your application to the online account? Lemme know please

Hope you hear back from them really soon!! Good luck

sarahmpc

Oct 30, 2020
Upon calling them today, the agent mentioned that your eligibility is the first thing to be determined and the security/background check would be the last step to be performed.

Every application seems to be processed differently.

Also, did you link your application to the online account? Lemme know please

Hope you hear back from them really soon!! Good luck
Not exactly. He mentioned that they were doing my background check and would then check my husband’s eligibility to sponsor. Like I said, I’m not sure how accurate this call center agent’s information really is. I’m just glad to hear thr application might have been assigned to someone for review.

I haven’t been able to link my application in GCKEy and nothing is coming up in ECAS either. I still plan to take what he said with a grain of salt until we have the AOR email!

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
Hi everyone! I’m an October applicant. Application received by IRCC on October 22(including a OWP application) Got biometric reminder on Nov 4; temporary AOR received on December 10.

No updates after that.

Called CIC call centre today(called so many times before too, but no positive response) to confirm what’s going on with the application and the representative told that the processing has been started on May 6th/ 2021. He also mentioned that your application is no longer a temporary application; it has passed the completeness check. The application number stays the same, he added. He also confirmed that your sponsor’s eligibility has been reviewed and passed.

So I linked my application to the online account; linked successfully.

However, we never heard back about our OWP application.

Did the similar happen to anybody in the group?

I’m kinda confused with the application number. Thought the permanent application number is gonna be different and thought they would inform when the application becomes permanent.

Kindly advise! Thanks in advance
Very helpful information, thank you so much!!! I didn’t receive the AOR either so after I saw your comment, I tried the online tool with the my temporary app number (without the first letter X though, starts from F000*****), and saw my husband’s name in the system. My status is “ In Progress “. I went on my online account and search my own name, then found out both the PR and the OWP application (yes, I just searched with my name, not with application number or anything. Then I found out the OWP application has a different app number, starts with "W", not "F", that's why you can't find it?), then linked them both. Does it mean that my file is complete?

Also there are still a lot of questions... Like the online tool said " We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 26, 2021" but we have not received AOR letter. Also the online tool suggest reading materials for "family member living outside of Canada" to "understand your status", does that mean they put me into a outland applicant category? Sorry for too much questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: InderDeol

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
It's not understandable October is so slow Even December is about to pass October
I am suspecting that maybe the system has a lagging or a bug so the letters haven't been sent. Because I use my temporary application number on their online tool and found my application "In progress", and it also says "We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on XXX" but we didn't receive anything this year. Trying to call their agent now...

Arctichare

Mar 28, 2021
Hi everyone! I’m an October applicant. Application received by IRCC on October 22(including a OWP application) Got biometric reminder on Nov 4; temporary AOR received on December 10.

No updates after that.

Called CIC call centre today(called so many times before too, but no positive response) to confirm what’s going on with the application and the representative told that the processing has been started on May 6th/ 2021. He also mentioned that your application is no longer a temporary application; it has passed the completeness check. The application number stays the same, he added. He also confirmed that your sponsor’s eligibility has been reviewed and passed.

So I linked my application to the online account; linked successfully.

However, we never heard back about our OWP application.

Did the similar happen to anybody in the group?

I’m kinda confused with the application number. Thought the permanent application number is gonna be different and thought they would inform when the application becomes permanent.

Kindly advise! Thanks in advance
Hi, how did you manage to extract any information from them? I called today and they refuse to give absolutely any information whatsoever over the phone.

InderDeol

Apr 26, 2019
Very helpful information, thank you so much!!! I didn’t receive the AOR either so after I saw your comment, I tried the online tool with the my temporary app number (without the first letter X though, starts from F000*****), and saw my husband’s name in the system. My status is “ In Progress “. I went on my online account and search my own name, then found out both the PR and the OWP application (yes, I just searched with my name, not with application number or anything. Then I found out the OWP application has a different app number, starts with "W", not "F", that's why you can't find it?), then linked them both. Does it mean that my file is complete?

Also there are still a lot of questions... Like the online tool said " We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 26, 2021" but we have not received AOR letter. Also the online tool suggest reading materials for "family member living outside of Canada" to "understand your status", does that mean they put me into a outland applicant category? Sorry for too much questions.
Hey! Thanks for your reply. It looks like we all are in the same boat. However, I tried finding the WP application after reading your comment. Can’t find nothing.

The agent I spoke to yesterday also couldn’t find anything about the WP. he mentioned that an OWP was received along with the Permanent Residence application though; but no update on that.

Hope I hear back from them soon.
Keep us posted if you get any updates! Good luck to you!

InderDeol

Apr 26, 2019
Hi, how did you manage to extract any information from them? I called today and they refuse to give absolutely any information whatsoever over the phone.
Hey! I believe it depends on the agent you’re speaking to. Honestly, I have called them so many times in last six months, very rare to get a nice person to talk to. I got lucky this time.

The agent mentioned that he cannot provide any information other that what’s provided in your file by the officer.

But I’d suggest keep trying. Good luck to you!

Reactions: Arctichare

Arctichare

Mar 28, 2021
Hey! I believe it depends on the agent you’re speaking to. Honestly, I have called them so many times in last six months, very rare to get a nice person to talk to. I got lucky this time.

The agent mentioned that he cannot provide any information other that what’s provided in your file by the officer.

But I’d suggest keep trying. Good luck to you!
Thank you for answering! I agree, think it all depends on the agent you're speaking to. I'd be happy to get just about any information at this point...:rolleyes:

Reactions: InderDeol

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015

I only get the update that my application was received Oct 15, nothing else! This is so frustrating!!

InderDeol

Apr 26, 2019
I only get the update that my application was received Oct 15, nothing else! This is so frustrating!!
Try linking your application to the online account using the temporary file number.that’s how I did it. Should start with letter XF000.......

It’ll give you some sort of idea. Also try to check your application status using the online tool. You’ll surely get some help if you’ve entered the right information. Here is the link to online tool:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

Keep us posted!

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
Hey! Thanks for your reply. It looks like we all are in the same boat. However, I tried finding the WP application after reading your comment. Can’t find nothing.

The agent I spoke to yesterday also couldn’t find anything about the WP. he mentioned that an OWP was received along with the Permanent Residence application though; but no update on that.

Hope I hear back from them soon.
Keep us posted if you get any updates! Good luck to you!
Thanks!

I didn't find my OWP application at the first try, then I found out an old post in this forum, said that using typing name (both last name and first name) all uppercase like this -- family name: SMITH , given name: DAVID. Then I use my passport information (the other post I found said not to use passport, but born place though). Then I found mine. I don't know if typing the name uppercase really make a difference but you can try again! (To clarify where I found it, one need to choose the category under Temporary Residents --> Work permit or extension some category like this; then last question asking what are you, choose "I'm applying spousal PR from inside Canada" something like this). If you still can't find it I think they will finally send out our AOR along with other information, because there are so many people haven't received anything!

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
It will happened. Mine sent earlier than yours so I got an update in the system I guess. I also spoke to an agent on the phone today. He said if one's application hasn't sent back for such a long time it normally means it is completed, just waiting for processing.

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
It will happened. Mine sent earlier than yours so I got an update in the system I guess. I also spoke to an agent on the phone today. He said if one's application hasn't sent back for such a long time it normally means it is completed, just waiting for processing.
Yeah I finally got to speak to someone! She pretty much said that the temporary AOR would be the permanent! She said the application is in process (before they would only say it’s been received). That they haven’t requested or sent anything for me, that once they review my eligibility as a sponsor they would move in to processing the work permit!

I’m worried cause my wife is pregnant and she doesn’t have a health card and baby is due in September. I don’t care i the PR takes another year, as long as the Work Permit gets approved before August, I’ll be at ease!

saladdd

Jun 16, 2020
We are so angry how come Nov and Dec applicants can receive AOR? It's totally UNFAIR and REDICULOUS! We have been waiting for more than a year as we first submitted in March but it returned in October so we submitted it again immediately. My husband has already unemployed for 2 years. He has no care card and we keep on paying for the health insurance and also expensive car insurance premium because of his visitor status. Last year he waited for more than 6 months for the visitor record only. If we still receive nothing in these 2 months, he has to apply for the visitor record again! We also have to pay for the visitor record! IRCC should waive all the extra cost (like visitor record application fee) incurred because of their delay and horrible working ways. The long waiting time makes us burning lots of money. Everyday just keep on checking the email and mailbox frequently. We are going to have mental problem soon.