+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

nshar2111

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
True the only thing(that will cause loss of points) I can think of, is if a person is on ICT (closed WP), they cant switch without getting a PR. or if they have claimed points for LMIA
Yeah, that's a different case. But if you are on an open WP, you are free to switch at your will.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Reactions: guelphite

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
How about, for a change, we start to direct the frustration and anger where it belongs and not to the members of this forum. We are all in the same boat here (more or less, speaking based on the fact that this particular thread is called "October 2020 AOR"), Stop fueling this conflict please. As @calvinklein suggested, let's keep civil and patient and support each other. Being in the dark about all of our applications is already tough on all of us, and creating meaningless and helpless conflicts here (where people seek support and positive news and updates), does not help the situation. To prevent any of the potentially mean answers or comments, I am also patiently waiting on the decision for my application, I am also incredibly unhappy about the "brokenness" and inadequacy of the IRCC systems, I also paid a lot of money trying to get to this point of being a permanent resident, and important decisions and plans in my life get also repeatedly pushed back because of a long processing of application and COVID on top of that. Thank you for your time, patience and understanding.
Not very democratic to try and limit the scope of conversation. There are arguments and there are counter arguments (directed at raising awareness). Using phrases like 'having the audacity' and 'talking shit' is hardly keeping it civil while appealing to others to be civil. I'm all for being civil and supporting eachother and it goes a long way if people could try to put themselves in others shoes before questioning their comments/thoughts/actions.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
There are short comings in the IRCC's working for sure. However I am pretty sure the officials who can make a difference are not on this forum to make the difference. I can only say is this particular group for Oct 2020 Aor,may not be the right platform , as it has pretty narrow objective. You may also want to create another forum to gather more views and support across other groups with larger audience with that specific topic.
I am just saying, as the main topic may get sidelined/hijacked. I am sailing in the same boat though. .
Good luck.
Fair. I recognize I'm in a better spot than many being FSW Inland. The reason I keep chiming in here is because the biggest chunk of the FSW applicants from 2020 have October 2020 AOR. And I see a lot of FSW people on this forum advocating that we bombard IRCC call centers which is not helpful and can only lead to bad outcomes for PR applicants in the long run.

I want everyone to get PR as quickly as possible, especially those stuck in bad situations. Just think we should be more strategic with how we push back on IRCC and think of the negative effects (both for individuals, but also PR applicants overall) if we disregard IRCC guidance on calls. I can come up with so many bad outcomes if I brainstorm it.

Stay patient (for now) and best of luck everyone.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
I have read a lot of comments here that people are waiting for their COPRs to switch jobs. What's that all about? You can switch your job whenever you feel like and no IRCC employee is contacting your employers to confirm anything. They already get that information every year from your employer. After switching your job, you just have to send a webform informing IRCC about the change in your job. Unless its in a completely different NOC, they don't care. You received your score based on your credentials till your AOR date, and if you want to pursue with something better nobody is asking you to stay put. I already switched my job in January and raised a webform informing them, which IRCC agent confirmed to me on call. They didn't want any new document from my new employer. Still, I attached my new accepted offer letter in the webform.
I would like to change my job but I don't have an open work permit. So, NO, I can't just leave because it is very very hard to find an employer ready to make the paperwork for you. I am a teacher and I can garantee you that I got already 3 contract but couldnt sign them because I have no open work permit.

I am sure those who want to switch jobs are in the same boat. Not so easy when you are a temporary resident you know.

Reactions: nshar2111
Mar 20, 2021
Chicago
Category........
FSW
Agree on being supportive, civil and analytical on this forum. Frustration over things out of control is a path to anguish and anxiety, we can all do without it. Have faith in the process and wait it out. There is literally nothing to be done besides being patient. Covid-19 has been rough on all of us but life will go on and things can turn for the better.
Hope you all have a good one, take a break from this forum if it's making you paranoid. Good luck!

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
At least your current students must be happy with the situation.
Like others, I just would like to have options that I don't have now. So let's be patient. I called IRCC today, the nice lady said there were 2 updates on my eligibility on march 9. Anything can happen. April is soon. So there is nothing much we can do apart sharing our good energy here!

Anchal G

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Up until 2019 they were. Then they were called for a landing interview or could go to the border, then they had the landing interview and now they only get a COPR signed and stamped.

However, on a case by case basis this can differ. But the general trend is that if an applicant is in Canada, they will be issued a COPR, or can be asked to us the PR landing portal or have a phone interview.
okay, thanks for the clarifications.

Reactions: legalfalcon

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
Like others, I just would like to have options that I don't have now. So let's be patient. I called IRCC today, the nice lady said there were 2 updates on my eligibility on march 9. Anything can happen. April is soon. So there is nothing much we can do apart sharing our good energy here!
did you ask for new notes. Mine are arriving tomorrow (in theory).

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
did you ask for new notes. Mine are arriving tomorrow (in theory).
yes I ordered last week with CBSA. So last time they printed GCMS notes like 3 weeks after my request. I think I should receive them by end of april. My 6 months will reach on april 10th.

Last edited:

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Got the GCMS Notes after my rant just a couple of hours back. (As of 26 Feb 2021)

Eligibility: recommended passed
Criminality: passed
Security: not started
Info sharing: in progress
Primary VO: CPC Ottawa

Considering I am FSW-O, I dont know how good this considering security takes the longest time (per the posts I've read here).
Honestly, I am yet to receive my notes and I wish I used the service provider that you used. I requested 4th February ,still waiting

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
There are short comings in the IRCC's working for sure. However I am pretty sure the officials who can make a difference are not on this forum to make the difference. I can only say is this particular group for Oct 2020 Aor,may not be the right platform , as it has pretty narrow objective. You may also want to create another forum to gather more views and support across other groups with larger audience with that specific topic.
I am just saying, as the main topic may get sidelined/hijacked. I am sailing in the same boat though. .
Good luck.
Create another group for what? I was replying to somebody in the first place. People have the right to do what they want to do, everybody has their reasons, there is no reason to be hostile to them.Good luck to you too.

Drzee

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
@legalfalcon
Hi, My AOR is Oct 31st 2020. Am just getting paranoid.

There are tons of letterhead my university use. My professor issued me the reference of the one which doesnot have university's address. instead he mentioned his email Id ,university's website and his number on the letter below his name and signature.

I would be okay right?