+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

D

Deleted member 994371

You know what's frustrating? When you can't get through for ONE single enquiry because people are making 891734659827364598723645 superfluous phone calls a week checking on the status of an application that is very much within the 6-month application timeline.
Everyone has different stakes involved in their PR applications. Their own PR application might be just as important to them as your application is to you.

You are basically signing up to uproot your entire life and start a new one in an alien country.

If anything, I blame IRCC for not providing a more transparent status on their website. Making a phone call is the fastest way, GCMS notes take at least a month, checking the website is completely useless. They need a better system. It's not the wait but the lack of clarity that makes people make those 'superfluous' phone calls. Not to mention the stake-holder themselves have to pretend to be in Canada and make calls in dubious ways just to check their status.

aammyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Everyone has different stakes involved in their PR applications. Their own PR application might be just as important to them as your application is to you.

You are basically signing up to uproot your entire life and start a new one in an alien country.

If anything, I blame IRCC for not providing a more transparent status on their website. Making a phone call is the fastest way, GCMS notes take at least a month, checking the website is completely useless. They need a better system. It's not the wait but the lack of clarity that makes people make those 'superfluous' phone calls. Not to mention the stake-holder themselves have to pretend to be in Canada and make calls in dubious ways just to check their status.
I am aware that the PR application progress involves signing up to 'uproot your entire life' - I've established a whole life in Canada after leaving Australia on a one-way ticket in 2019, my application stakes are high. What I'm getting at is that it's frustrating to not be able to get through when people are openly admitting to calling every day. Yes, there is a lack of transparency on the IRCC website and the silence can be deafening, but is calling several times a week really necessary?

joey.slater

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
I am aware that the PR application progress involves signing up to 'uproot your entire life' - I've established a whole life in Canada after leaving Australia on a one-way ticket in 2019, my application stakes are high. What I'm getting at is that it's frustrating to not be able to get through when people are openly admitting to calling every day. Yes, there is a lack of transparency on the IRCC website and the silence can be deafening, but is calling several times a week really necessary?
#dealwithit.

Btw I am totally on your side. I too think people are too dumb/impatient.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
So you should call after the 6months mark...you will get through then

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
First of all, I'm a woman. Second of all, my enquiry is about a letter I received in regards to my BOWP - not my PR. But A+ assumptions! Way to go!
All I can say is.... I can’t fault people for trying to call..... I too tried a couple of times and could never reach...it was always busy.... if not that I literally did not have the time... I prolly would have kept calling. By the way I doubt that there is anybody who would get through and speak to an IRCC agent and still call back again within the same week (unless its an emergency). I know how frustrating it is not to reach IRCC, but don’t take it out your frustrations on the people on this group.... we have enough anxiety as it is....

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
That is definitely not what I'm saying...
Whatever works for you...that’s why it is a call center and has nothing to do with the person reviewing your application.
The world is in the middle of a pandemic, people have been waiting since 2019 and are trying to call and get an update, some are stranded, GCMS aren’t coming in within 90days, there’s a lot of uncertainty regarding this project.

Just as your BOWP is important to you, a regular ghost update is important to the next person.

Send an email or call few minutes before 2pm.

It doesn’t make any sense what is going on but we have to be accommodating on this journey and after.

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
I wonder what your enquiry is about? Maybe someone can share their experience. If you don't mind. I was recently approved and had a weird experience (differed from others who applied around the same time as I did).

nshar2111

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
All I can say is.... I can’t fault people for trying to call..... I too tried a couple of times and could never reach...it was always busy.... if not that I literally did not have the time... I prolly would have kept calling. By the way I doubt that there is anybody who would get through and speak to an IRCC agent and still call back again within the same week (unless its an emergency). I know how frustrating it is not to reach IRCC, but don’t take it out your frustrations on the people on this group.... we have enough anxiety as it is....
I have been able to talk to a rep every time I called. I don't prefer waiting for 35 minutes, so I leave my number and they call me back when its my turn in the queue. Usually, if you call them between 8-10AM and after 3 PM (EST), the wait time is not so much.

So you can just call 1-888-242-2100 and press 3-4-1-0, it takes you directly to an agent queue so you don't have to listen to all the options IRCC has to offer.

fmlacerda

Mar 23, 2019
It is kind of obvious that the call center agents are not the ones who review our applications. If everybody calls asking for a status, the processing time should not change. As nshar2111 just mentioned, you don't have to wait, just chose the option to receive a callback, and voila. If you are outland, just download Textnow, as the callbacks only work for Canadian numbers.

I called them twice to get an update (January and February). Both agents were very courteous and it did not take more than 15 minutes to talk to them.

FSW-Inland
AOR Oct 20, 2020
Medicals (passed) Dec 1, 2020
Eligibility (passed) Jan 21, 2021
Security (not started)
Criminality (not started)
Info Sharing (in progress)

Reactions: rajiyer

rajiyer

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
It is kind of obvious that the call center agents are not the ones who review our applications. If everybody calls asking for a status, the processing time should not change. As nshar2111 just mentioned, you don't have to wait, just chose the option to receive a callback, and voila. If you are outland, just download Textnow, as the callbacks only work for Canadian numbers.

I called them twice to get an update (January and February). Both agents were very courteous and it did not take more than 15 minutes to talk to them.

FSW-Inland
AOR Oct 20, 2020
Medicals (passed) Dec 1, 2020
Eligibility (passed) Jan 21, 2021
Security (not started)
Criminality (not started)
Info Sharing (in progress)
Ayy! Same. I called twice and ordered gcms once due to some complications in my PR application.

Same FSW-Inland. AOR-3rd October.
Passed: eligibility, medicals, info sharing is complete
In Progress: criminality
Not Started: security

Hope we can all get a pr within the 6 month time frame.