26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Passport has not been returned yet.
Is jan 8 the same day you recieved PPR or your recieved the PPR mail prior to Jan 8

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I called IRCC a month back and the agent told me that my Eligibility and Background check is under process. When I called them last week the agent said that Eligibility had not started and Background is under process. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Open to all advices!

Thank you!
@legalfalcon
Nothing unusual here. Background check is a generic term for criminality check, security screening and information sharing. Only security will start after Eligibility has been passed.

About security https://bit.ly/3iXMnyw

rajesh020285

Mar 12, 2019
@legalfalcon
My kid's US passport expired last month and with no appointments for passport renewal available I am unsure whether I can extend his student permit along with my Bridge work permit application, do you have any suggestions on how to proceed with my case, our work permit expires in April so I need to apply for BOWP as soon as possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajesh

AOR: Oct 8th
CEC Inland

Sandynguyen

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020
@legalfalcon
My kid's US passport expired last month and with no appointments for passport renewal available I am unsure whether I can extend his student permit along with my Bridge work permit application, do you have any suggestions on how to proceed with my case, our work permit expires in April so I need to apply for BOWP as soon as possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajesh

AOR: Oct 8th
CEC Inland
I think that your kid's SP expired last month too. If I was you, What I would do :
- Call IRCC for their advice
- apply to restore your kid status with a letter explaining to them his passport expiry and the reason why you cannot get the passport renewal early. and apply for your BOWP at the same time
- Contact US embassy/consulate for Passport renewal
- And then apply for study permit whenever passport is available as the SP will be expired at the same time as you BOWP or passport expiry date which is is earliest.

Ikepo8

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
15 October 2020
They have added the new information in processing time which will tell us what week of PR application they are working on. Sweet!

At first I though its just first time thing but we can check this every week now. Pretty good.
"We’ve added information about our current processing capacity on our check your application status page. New"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Nothing has changed though. Still the same as the last update

Reactions: tejaspan and Oma123

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
They have added the new information in processing time which will tell us what week of PR application they are working on. Sweet!

At first I though its just first time thing but we can check this every week now. Pretty good.
"We’ve added information about our current processing capacity on our check your application status page. New"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
It's only available for CEC applications. All other application types could basically go **** themselves.

Reactions: Ufuoma and Oma123

rajesh020285

Mar 12, 2019
I think that your kid's SP expired last month too. If I was you, What I would do :
- Call IRCC for their advice
- apply to restore your kid status with a letter explaining to them his passport expiry and the reason why you cannot get the passport renewal early. and apply for your BOWP at the same time
- Contact US embassy/consulate for Passport renewal
- And then apply for study permit whenever passport is available as the SP will be expired at the same time as you BOWP or passport expiry date which is is earliest.
Thanks for the response, fortunately, his study permit has the same expiration as ours.
Spoke to IRCC but they are only referring to the 90-day extension for document submission but not specific to our case :( .
I have been in the appointment waiting list for the passport renewal, they are only prioritizing requests who are travelling ( with evidence ).
So I have been doing rounds with US embassy and IRCC with no luck on how to proceed.

Sandynguyen

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020
Thanks for the response, fortunately, his study permit has the same expiration as ours.
Spoke to IRCC but they are only referring to the 90-day extension for document submission but not specific to our case :( .
I have been in the appointment waiting list for the passport renewal, they are only prioritizing requests who are travelling ( with evidence ).
So I have been doing rounds with US embassy and IRCC with no luck on how to proceed.
Lucky that your kid still has valid SP. I think you can wait until end of March to apply for BOWP as you can work on the implied status after April , same to your kid. We are still waiting for BOWPs which was submitted in Oct 2020 but they issued a letter saying that we can work for current employer during the implied status. However, they approved visitor records for my kids early.(I didn't apply SP for them as they are good for school with visitor record status)

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
I'm CEC inland and there's no update on my application timeframe when I log in. Patience is key!
The update is not on your account.

"Express Entry applications
Canadian Experience Class applications in process

We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
You may experience delays in processing because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.
We have started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020"

TheLeonEmpire

Jan 19, 2021
Category........
CEC

I dont see it either. Can you tell me which week are they processing right now? Thank you!

Reactions: khush.sib