17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
My kid's US passport expired last month and with no appointments for passport renewal available I am unsure whether I can extend his student permit along with my Bridge work permit application, do you have any suggestions on how to proceed with my case, our work permit expires in April so I need to apply for BOWP as soon as possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajesh

AOR: Oct 8th
CEC Inland
You can go ahead and renew your BOWP, and in the meanwhile renew your child's passport as soon as you can and once done, you can then file his restoration and then renewal. Never be out of status.

If you’re in Canada to visit, work or study temporarily, you need to have valid status as a temporary resident. If your status has expired, you may be able to apply restore your status.

You can only restore your status and authorization to work or study in Canada to what you held before it expired. You can’t change your permit until you restore your status and original authorization. If you’re eligible after restoration, you may also be able to apply for a different permit.
You have 90 days buffer to get this done.

see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/restoration-extension-trv.html

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
Hello all,

I'm waiting on my first PR card and my AOR is October 27, 2020. I am able to login to IRCC to check the status of my application on my account profile, but my details are not recognized on the generic "Application Status" page (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html)

Is this a common problem or should I be concerned? Any help would be appreciated!
I believe most ppl here are waiting PR not PR card. But yeah some offices are really slow to make the cards.

NarratorTD

Feb 8, 2021
I believe most ppl here are waiting PR not PR card. But yeah some offices are really slow to make the cards.
I guess I used PR/PR card interchangeably. I'm waiting on my PR - hope that clarifies it for everyone here. However, my question is unrelated to the terminology and I'm not sure you've answered it.

Like I mentioned, when I fill in my details on the "Application Status" page (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html), I see the following message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLYif you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).
I am, however, able to login to IRCC with my credentials and see the application status from there.

Just wondering if this is normal or some hiccup in my application?

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
I guess I used PR/PR card interchangeably. I'm waiting on my PR - hope that clarifies it for everyone here. However, my question is unrelated to the terminology and I'm not sure you've answered it.

Like I mentioned, when I fill in my details on the "Application Status" page (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html), I see the following message:

I am, however, able to login to IRCC with my credentials and see the application status from there.

I have the same problem and my friend told me it's normal. Just use IRCC to check your EE application Status..

grace1057

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020

I see why get re-directed. In that page, if you look closely, for Paper based applicants, it has the "Check Application Status" button. If you are Electronic (EAPR) applicant, you won't see any details. Hope this helps!

Reactions: nikhil243

nikhil243

Jan 17, 2021
Waterloo
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-10-2020
Med's Done....
28-11-2020

I guess that’s only for paper based applications . If you filed online application then you can only sign in through gckey

Arron_shaw

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Guys, could you please share your experience on how to connect to a live IRCC agent?
I called them several times in the past few days, and input my application ID + DOB, but the call never been transferred to a live agent.
All I got is something like -- "due to the high calling volume, your call cannot be transferred to an agent, please call back later"

So stress now.

D

Deleted member 994371

Guys, could you please share your experience on how to connect to a live IRCC agent?
I called them several times in the past few days, and input my application ID + DOB, but the call never been transferred to a live agent.
All I got is something like -- "due to the high calling volume, your call cannot be transferred to an agent, please call back later"

So stress now.

This is completely anecdotal but I had better luck dialing between 10 minutes to 20 minutes and 40 to 50 minutes of an hour. I think they have a break every half hour or so and I would always get the "due to high calling volume" message. Ex. I would start my call after 10:10 instead of 10:00 or 10:40 instead of 10:30, I would most definitely connect.

Having said that, it would still take 2-3 tries to get a hang of an agent. Also, buying a Canadian number from a service like Dingtone helped me a lot. I would just get in the queue and when automated voice would say Canadian numbers can schedule a callback, I would do so. After a half-hour or so I would always get a callback. That's way easier than being on hold for 40 minutes.

aammyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
You know what's frustrating? When you can't get through for ONE single enquiry because people are making 891734659827364598723645 superfluous phone calls a week checking on the status of an application that is very much within the 6-month application timeline.