Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have a question - I had done my medicals upfront and my medicals was passed on Nov 26, 2020. Now on December 12, 2020 my medicals got expired and the status changed back to "You do not need a medical exam, We will let you know". Any idea what will happen? Do I need to do the medicals again (or) since it was approved on Nov 26, it would be exempt?
In most cases if your medical assessment was M1, your medicals will be extended.

Reactions: srinianurag90

Ikepo8

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
15 October 2020
Why are people so impatient? IRCC tells this explicitly that the processing time for the application is 4-6 months. They even clarify that if there will be any update, they will email you as well as update the status in web portal.

Anyways, it is holiday season here so everything will run slow till New Year. Just chill the duck out, you will get your PR. You have done your part, let them do theirs. If they need any more information they will email you.
I don’t think it’s right to come here and bash people for being “impatient”. We all know the processing time but yet there are people who are still waiting for decisions on their application after 1year, some even 2years!

A lot of people have staked their entire lives (literally!!) on this application. So permit them for being a bit anxious, scared or worried that something might have gone wrong or just checking for updates which they are entitled to! People are waiting for decisions that would turn their lives around its natural for some to be anxious or impatient.

joey.slater

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
I don’t think it’s right to come here and bash people for being “impatient”. We all know the processing time but yet there are people who are still waiting for decisions on their application after 1year, some even 2years!

A lot of people have staked their entire lives (literally!!) on this application. So permit them for being a bit anxious, scared or worried that something might have gone wrong or just checking for updates which they are entitled to! People are waiting for decisions that would turn their lives around its natural for some to be anxious or impatient.
It's fair to be anxious when you have no update after the processing time defined by IRCC. But calling IRCC and asking for updates within 2-3 months is just plain stupid.

Reactions: nns14 and jasp94

User51

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-10-2020
Hii!! I have read somewhere that applicant whose ppr has been issued or will be issued after 18 th march and who had their extended or immidiate family in canada ...can travel

According to new travel restrictions updation
Can we travel if our exrended family member has student visa in canada or should they be permanent resident only??

Ikepo8

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
15 October 2020
It's fair to be anxious when you have no update after the processing time defined by IRCC. But calling IRCC and asking for updates within 2-3 months is just plain stupid.
I think you are just being ignorant and insensitive for calling their actions stupid. I myself have never called IRCC concerning any updates because I’m trying to be patient and let the application take place in due course but I don’t go online and bash others for doing things that might keep them at peace or reduce their anxiety.

Let them do whatever they want, and so far IRCC has been attending to their queries. So keep your rude comments to yourself and stop being a bully.

Doz

Dec 13, 2020
To me, being stupid is getting update from platforms and not directly from ircc. To be honest, those that are not bothered about their applications don't make comments or join medium to stay intune.
So, how people go about their application is nobody's business, simply mind yours.
If it was stupid IRCC would not respond but sitting to going through forums and let people update you from their calls is stupid to me because cash call or info is case specific.

Reactions: Kerikeri

Barkook

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hi everyone, I have called IRCC today to inquire about eligibility and other stages of my application as well as VO and received the following information:

Agent was unable to update me on any of the stages since the file was transferred to London, England VO. (I felt bad for calling so soon but I must say the agent was extremely friendly and courteous).

FSW-O with October 2020 AOR - Country of Residency: UAE

Any idea if this is a positive sign or just regular old workload balancing?

Doz

Dec 13, 2020
Some people think calling them would halt or slow their speed of processing application....smiles'
Calling informs you and not change your application status.
'

Doz

Dec 13, 2020
Hi everyone, I have called IRCC today to inquire about eligibility and other stages of my application as well as VO and received the following information:

Agent was unable to update me on any of the stages since the file was transferred to London, England VO. (I felt bad for calling so soon but I must say the agent was extremely friendly and courteous).

Yes!
means PPR is around the corner.

User51

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-10-2020
Hii!! I have read somewhere that applicant whose ppr has been issued or will be issued after 18 th march and who had their extended or immidiate family in canada ...can travel

According to new travel restrictions updation
Can we travel if our exrended family member has student visa in canada or should they be permanent resident only??
Any views on this??

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
Hi everyone, I also called IRCC few days ago to inquire about eligibility and other stages of my application as well as VO and received the following information:

File has been transferred to NDVO and only they will be able to provide further information. Looking at the trends, the only way to to know something is using GCMS notes when it comes to NDVO.

I also would like to ask if this is a positive sign or just regular old workload balancing?

My timeline is in my signature.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: srinianurag90

MuhammadAttia

Sep 19, 2020

How do you call from outside Canada? Can you share the number please?

Reactions: Bella015