+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Noyan2020

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Folks,

Merry Christmas to all.

my AOR is Oct 6th and I have been informed my case has gone to Sydney, NS, not sure why. I am an inland applicant and filed both with CEC and PNP from Ontario.
I was told NS is doing only paper based PNP applications and all inland application are processed in Ottawa. I did receive a request for RCMP, about a month back and was submitted with in a week. My online status for Additional document still says - The additional document is uploaded.
No status update for a month.
Does Criminality check takes so much time? I presume my case is still at Criminality stage. Any one knows mine is at IP1 or IP2?
Does it say uploaded and submitted or uploaded but not submitted on the portal?

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Does it say uploaded and submitted or uploaded but not submitted on the portal?
This is what the portal says

Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Background Check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

where as over all status indicated as Submitted for my application.

Noyan2020

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
This is what the portal says

Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Background Check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

where as over all status indicated as Submitted for my application.
There's nothing to worry... The officer working on your file just didn't get a chance to look at the document... In my case, it went first into what your status says at the moment and then changed to the ADR is being reviewed status... So just wait patiently and everything will reflect accordingly...

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
Folks,

Merry Christmas to all.

my AOR is Oct 6th and I have been informed my case has gone to Sydney, NS, not sure why. I am an inland applicant and filed both with CEC and PNP from Ontario.
I was told NS is doing only paper based PNP applications and all inland application are processed in Ottawa. I did receive a request for RCMP, about a month back and was submitted with in a week. My online status for Additional document still says - The additional document is uploaded.
No status update for a month.
Does Criminality check takes so much time? I presume my case is still at Criminality stage. Any one knows mine is at IP1 or IP2?
did you got MEP and BIL?

Josh@v

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Background Check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Dear @legalfalcon and seniors,

My application status changed from in progress, we will send you a message if we need more information to the above.

Any reasons, or just new update in the status message?

Reactions: MB2020

MB2020

Dec 26, 2020
Background Check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check

My application status changed from in progress, we will send you a message if we need more information to the above.

Mine also changed like that 2 days ago. AOR 18th Oct

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Background Check

The BGC status changes 2-3 times during the processing of your application. BGC includes criminality and security. Since criminality happens early in the processing the BGC status changes and then goes back to NA, and then in progress when security is initiated.

To read on BGC / security see, https://bit.ly/3nTZOC4

Reactions: Josh@v and Ikepo8
Oct 20, 2020

User51

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-10-2020
Have anybody experienced Biometric in nepal?? For Indian residents...why everyone is rushing towards Dubai instead of Nepal

Dec 1, 2020
Our application page's background check section has now changed from this:

'We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information '

to this:

'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.'

Is this normal? Does it mean something has changed in our application? Not sure if it makes a difference but you can see our timeline in my signature and the progress bar is at 40%.

Edit:

our review of additional documents section has also changed, from 'we are reviewing the additional documents you provided' to 'not applicable'. I'm not sure if that's relevant, hopefully that means they're happy with the new documents?

Reactions: Noyan2020

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
There's nothing to worry... The officer working on your file just didn't get a chance to look at the document... In my case, it went first into what your status says at the moment and then changed to the ADR is being reviewed status... So just wait patiently and everything will reflect accordingly...
How long it took for the status to change from uploaded to reviewed?

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
did you got MEP and BIL?
I am inland I got one ghost update after email notification and status changed to MEP. Post Ghost update my old BG check of last year populated including validity.

I also do not know is it in IP1 or IP2, All I know it is in criminality when we called IRCC