+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

requiemforadream

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
It's fair to be anxious when you have no update after the processing time defined by IRCC. But calling IRCC and asking for updates within 2-3 months is just plain stupid.
People never call each other 'stupid' in Canada, particularly someone they don't know personally. That's really rude of you. I personally think that it is too early to call as well, but I am sure there are agents who are specifically assigned to answering the calls. So it is not like 'oh man, I was in the middle of approving your eligibility stage and I got a stupid call and I had to answer that call, so your file is still pending'. No, it is not like that.

I have two reasons two call -which I don't even have to explain to you but in case you are curious:

- Some people are so lucky, they got their PR within two months and I want to learn whether I will become one of them because I am planning to buy a house. I have a family in Canada. If I don't know if it's gonna take days or months or years, how can I plan my future? And the call gave you strong indicators of whether you will receive it too soon or too late.

- I want to learn whether I pass the eligibility stage or not because when you pass eligibility, your spouse can get BOWP too, plus Ontario's Health Insurance Plan. The only way to learn whether you pass the eligibility stage or not is to CALL. My husband is living here without health insurance right now and it is not damn of your business to call me stupid. Mind your own business. Everyone has a different case.

The only solution is that IRCC should start to reflect 'real progress' on our profiles. Otherwise, we will keep calling or ask for the GCMS notes because I need to learn that I pass the eligibility stage.

Doz

Dec 13, 2020
People never call each other 'stupid' in Canada, particularly someone they don't know personally. That's really rude of you. I personally think that it is too early to call as well, but I am sure there are agents who are specifically assigned to answering the calls. So it is not like 'oh man, I was in the middle of approving your eligibility stage and I got a stupid call and I had to answer that call, so your file is still pending'. No, it is not like that.

I have two reasons two call -which I don't even have to explain to you but in case you are curious:

- Some people are so lucky, they got their PR within two months and I want to learn whether I will become one of them because I am planning to buy a house. I have a family in Canada. If I don't know if it's gonna take days or months or years, how can I plan my future? And the call gave you strong indicators of whether you will receive it too soon or too late.

- I want to learn whether I pass the eligibility stage or not because when you pass eligibility, your spouse can get BOWP too, plus Ontario's Health Insurance Plan. The only way to learn whether you pass the eligibility stage or not is to CALL. My husband is living here without health insurance right now and it is not damn of your business to call me stupid. Mind your own business. Everyone has a different case.

The only solution is that IRCC should start to reflect 'real progress' on our profiles. Otherwise, we will keep calling or ask for the GCMS notes because I need to learn that I pass the eligibility stage.
WORD!!!

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020

May I ask what documentation you provide as proof for health insurance as my spouse is in this situation

Reactions: Kerikeri

Noyan2020

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Guys, I've applied for a visitor record in June 2020 to remain in Canada until the end of Jan 2021 and applied for express entry in October 2020. I was previously on an open work permit which was valid until end of July 2020. Until today, there has not been any update on the visitor record and I am wondering if it would be wise to apply for another visitor record for six months from Jan 2021 although the previous visitor record application has not been decided on yet ?

Last edited:

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
First, Merry Christmas guys! Second is here anyone still waiting MEP and get BIL ?? Aor Oct 7th, no any update but the time bar showing 43% and 15 weeks left.

Last edited:

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
First, Merry Christmas guys! Second is here anyone still waiting MEP and get BIL ?? Aor Oct 7th, no any update but the time bar showing 43% and 15 weeks left.
I don't think so. You should have got it a about a month back. Best to raise a query via webform.

Kerikeri

Nov 29, 2020
Guys, I've applied for a visitor record in June 2020 to remain in Canada until the end of Jan 2021 and applied for express entry in October 2020. I was previously on an open work permit which was valid until end of July 2020. Until today, there has not been any update on the visitor record and I am wondering if it would be wise to apply for another visitor record for six months from Jan 2021 although the previous visitor record application has not been decided on yet ?
HI I am in a similar position, I applied to extend my work permit in July and there has been no update on the application

Noyan2020

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
HI I am in a similar position, I applied to extend my work permit in July and there has been no update on the application
I think it's best for us to wait for an update until they've decided on our visitor record application... Soon after we should apply for another extension if required... Based on the Covid-19 situation, I believe it won't be a problem... But will keep you posted :)

Kerikeri

Nov 29, 2020
I think it's best for us to wait for an update until they've decided on our visitor record application... Soon after we should apply for another extension if required... Based on the Covid-19 situation, I believe it won't be a problem... But will keep you posted :)
Will do the same

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
I don't think so. You should have got it a about a month back. Best to raise a query via webform.
[/QUOTE
no idea. I called IRCC and talked with agents twice. They said they didn't see any additional documents required. I might give them another call in January.

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Folks,

Merry Christmas to all.

my AOR is Oct 6th and I have been informed my case has gone to Sydney, NS, not sure why. I am an inland applicant and filed both with CEC and PNP from Ontario.
I was told NS is doing only paper based PNP applications and all inland application are processed in Ottawa. I did receive a request for RCMP, about a month back and was submitted with in a week. My online status for Additional document still says - The additional document is uploaded.
No status update for a month.
Does Criminality check takes so much time? I presume my case is still at Criminality stage. Any one knows mine is at IP1 or IP2?