+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Has anyone had issues linking their applications to their online account? I've used all the different available options of inputting the PA's information and it still shows up as unable to retrieve application.
Did you get more than AOR1? Because you can't link in the beginning. You will need to wait for PA's UCI.

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
I think should have the date also in that Line 2...
Line 2 added in ECAS means they started processing your application in Local Visa Office where file was transferred ....its called AOR2...
good luck !
Does it really mean that they started processing at the LVO? Mine has been showing as in process ever since they sent AOR1 and then we didn't hear anything for 5 months.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does it really mean that they started processing at the LVO? Mine has been showing as in process ever since they sent AOR1 and then we didn't hear anything for 5 months.
Did you have to re-submit? Was there something challenging about your file?

I don't know if it's you but there is a Luthien in tracker is showing submitted in October.

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
In Permanent Residence Application Status on ECAS was shown application Received but after the PA (my wife) did the biometric, they sent me email to tell me that we have forwarded you application to Local Visa office on 2019-11-26 a week later they added line 2 showing that we started processing your application on Dec 3. I belive once they added line2 that mean all documents are verified and entered on the system by LVO. In my case and the Visa office the application forwarded too i will hear something again within 3 month.

The status shows In process but when you click and see the timeline what it shows ?

Thanks

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Did you have to re-submit? Was there something challenging about your file?

I don't know if it's you but there is a Luthien in tracker is showing submitted in October.
Yep, that is me on the tracker. I left out the AOR because technically we got that in May. We never officially re-submitted our application as it never had been sent back to us.
ECAS said on side of PA that they started processing the application on May 22nd, which they haven't I am sure.
We never got SA and called the call center and they eventually told us that our application was incomplete. They couldn't tell us why and said that we should wait 60 days before calling again and that they would request to know what exactly was missing. They said that it was unusual to not get the application returned right away or at least be asked for additional documents. At this point it was September already. We ended up ordering GCMS notes because we didn't know what was even going on with our applications and just a few days after that we got an email from Sydney stating that our application was incomplete and we were asked to fill out two of the forms again. They did not mention what was incomplete. We sent the forms exactly like we had them filled out before just that we had to adjust some dates because of the long wait. We even called again to see if they could give us more information about what exactly was wrong because we were afraid of making the same mistake again. We for sure didn't miss a signature but the agent on the phone suggested that maybe something was wrong with a signature because we had to send the forms in via mail instead of uploading online.

The letter said something about being put back in the queue after re-submission, so yes, I guess you could say that we re-submitted the application. It will stay unclear why it took them 5 months after sending AOR to even tell us to fill out these forms again. The GCMS notes didn't say anything about it. They just said that the application was incomplete the same date that we got AOR so why did we even get that instead of the application being returned? I don't know. Why did they wait so long to communicate with us? I have no clue.

Things are finally moving along now, and I am happy about that. Luckily my husband is here with me and our kids and we aren't separated. I can't imagine going through this without him.

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
In Permanent Residence Application Status on ECAS was shown application Received but after the PA (my wife) did the biometric, they sent me email to tell me that we have forwarded you application to Local Visa office on 2019-11-26 a week later they added line 2 showing that we started processing your application on Dec 3. I belive once they added line2 that mean all documents are verified and entered on the system by LVO. In my case and the Visa office the application forwarded too i will hear something again within 3 month.

The status shows In process but when you click and see the timeline what it shows ?

Thanks
The second line says "We started processing on May 22nd" which is one day before we got AOR1.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018

Thanks
Line 2 added means they officially start processing your file...i.e. AOR2
It depends on speed of the Local Visa office to give PR...
For me its New Delhi, so it's not even reached Application Received
Mine was transferred on Dec 9th

Check for your Local Visa Office, how much is the average processing time from AOR2 to PR...
For New Delhi its so slow that many people from April / May are waiting....

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The letter said something about being put back in the queue after re-submission, so yes, I guess you could say that we re-submitted the application. It will stay unclear why it took them 5 months after sending AOR to even tell us to fill out these forms again. The GCMS notes didn't say anything about it. They just said that the application was incomplete the same date that we got AOR so why did we even get that instead of the application being returned? I don't know. Why did they wait so long to communicate with us? I have no clue.
Wow, that's awful. I will definitely be keeping an eye on and comparing to normal processing. Trying not to worry about the small differences (e.g. days) but hard not to.