+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hi all! Our application was signed for at the Sydney office on 1 October but we still haven't received AOR1 - Any ideas on whether I should be worried? According to the tracker some end of Sept applicants are still waiting, but it seems odd that so many other October applicants received after us have already got AOR1?
Call CIC and ask the status....

mrstrunks

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Hi all! Our application was signed for at the Sydney office on 1 October but we still haven't received AOR1 - Any ideas on whether I should be worried? According to the tracker some end of Sept applicants are still waiting, but it seems odd that so many other October applicants received after us have already got AOR1?
Dont fret, AOR1 could take between 40 to 70 days... mine took 68 days.. there are still in July & Aug still waiting for their AOR1.

maxshrike

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
San Jose, California
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
File Transfer...
26-11-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
Hello Team October:

so who will receive the AOR? PA? Or sponsor?

And by what means are AOR’s being received? I presume email?

thanks in advance!

maxshrike

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
San Jose, California
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
File Transfer...
26-11-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
The notice AOR 1 comes on the sponsor-mail.
Thanks! It will be email confirmation then? (Sponsor provided an email and street address on sponsors form). Can anyone tell us what the incoming email address is? (To verify it doesn’t get in the spam folder?)

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Thanks! It will be email confirmation then? (Sponsor provided an email and street address on sponsors form). Can anyone tell us what the incoming email address is? (To verify it doesn’t get in the spam folder?)
e-mail. it’s better to check spam periodically. Many people on this forum found letters there.;)

Reactions: maxshrike

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
alternately check ECAS with the receipt number (number on your payment PDF)..i did the same thing...i got email 1 day later...
if they have accepted your application, you will be able to see in ECAS...

But I am seeing not much activity in google sheet tracker since Monday...

maxshrike

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
San Jose, California
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
File Transfer...
26-11-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
alternately check ECAS with the receipt number (number on your payment PDF)..i did the same thing...i got email 1 day later...
if they have accepted your application, you will be able to see in ECAS...

But I am seeing not much activity in google sheet tracker since Monday...
Hi- I am trying ECAS also- but never get a valid page response. I use the PDF receipt number I got when I paid. I tried my info or/and my sponsor's info (name, dob, birth loc). I'm guessing this means: our application hasn't started processing. Same thing happens when I try to link my application on GCKey...

flyingColours

Jan 31, 2019
Application received 8 Oct.
In process 7 Nov.
Linked to GC key 8 Nov.
Profile shows the bio-metric is completed. (They used the biometric given for visa 2 months ago).
Hi BehBeh,

That's interesting! I have some confusion around biometrics too. If you could help me out, could you let me know if you've paid for Biometrics fee along with other fees?

My husband enrolled in Biometrics in January when we applied for his Temporary Resident Visa. We sent in our application on October 17th, then realized we did not pay for Biometrics. We went home, read the cic website again, which said

If you apply for permanent residence
You need to give biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications. Even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid. This includes:

So, I'm just wondering how did your biometrics get re-used? Maybe we have a chance too! Since my husband is visiting me later this month, given the process timeline, I would prefer to not have him leaving Canada to give biometrics again :p

Thank you!

eNAVARA

Nov 14, 2019
Seem like they do separate between visitor visa and permanent residence visa. My husband paid for the biometrics for me too even my previous biometrics recorded valid date until year 2029.

Reactions: flyingColours

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hi BehBeh,

That's interesting! I have some confusion around biometrics too. If you could help me out, could you let me know if you've paid for Biometrics fee along with other fees?

My husband enrolled in Biometrics in January when we applied for his Temporary Resident Visa. We sent in our application on October 17th, then realized we did not pay for Biometrics. We went home, read the cic website again, which said

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications. Even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid. This includes:

So, I'm just wondering how did your biometrics get re-used? Maybe we have a chance too! Since my husband is visiting me later this month, given the process timeline, I would prefer to not have him leaving Canada to give biometrics again :p

Thank you!
it will get reused...

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hi- I am trying ECAS also- but never get a valid page response. I use the PDF receipt number I got when I paid. I tried my info or/and my sponsor's info (name, dob, birth loc). I'm guessing this means: our application hasn't started processing. Same thing happens when I try to link my application on GCKey...
yes..they are yet to process your file..i think by next week there is a high chance you will get AOR email..

Reactions: maxshrike

BehBeh2

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Hi BehBeh,

Thank you!
I paid the Bio fee. But, after I linked to GCkey, it showed the visa bio-metric info in the application. I am not sure if this will change or not. Probably if they do not ask for another Bio in next 2-3 weeks, that will be it.
Also, you can give your Bio inside Canada too. There are various office in land.

maxshrike

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
San Jose, California
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
File Transfer...
26-11-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
FYI, I got my AOR today-

Application Received: Oct-10-2019
AOR Received: Nov-14-2019
Family Class Spousal, Outland, From US, 1 on app

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
For the applications received on October. Are there any update on your application after receiving AOR1? Please share if you have any new information or updates .

Mine still the same after receiving the AOR1 " in Process".

I have noticed on other threads that getting Sponsor approved very quick.