Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Thanks, is it pretty much approved once we pass medical?
If your background check (criminality and security) was completed, then you're just waiting for SA and AIP. When you get it, check for DM in eCAS which often comes just before COPR.

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
do they request any police clearance from inland? how long you have been here
Well, the police certificate for the country where you have lived after most of you life after turning 18 (other than Canada) is requested upfront since the moment you send the application (see form imm5533e). For people with a simple situation of just living in the country they were born before moving to Canada, this meant to provide the Police Cert for their home country.

The process to get the Police Cert varies from country to country, and I assume you can get a lot of them upfront. In the case of Mexico (our case), you are supposed to wait until IRCC asks for the Police Cert and only then you can ask for it. This is the Police Cert I was talking about.

Kind of sucks because now we are dealing with COVID delays in Canada (IRCC) and also delays in Mexico (I hope they are issuing the Police Certs now and that process hasn't been stooped).. If we could have done the Police Cert upfront back in October, COVID at least wouldn't have affected that..

Anyway, it is what it is, at least things are moving in the Canadian (IRCC) side

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Thanks, is it pretty much approved once we pass medical?
I think after medicals they do the background check and approve the sponsor. But if everything is in order, medicals may be the last thing we (as the applicant) have to "do," besides wait, which we've all become very good at!

roney_usask

Jun 26, 2020
Is there anyone did not get medical call yet?Looks like I am the only October applicant did not get medical call yet. My application received on October 28th and AOR on Dec 21st.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Is there anyone did not get medical call yet?Looks like I am the only October applicant did not get medical call yet. My application received on October 28th and AOR on Dec 21st.
Your timeline is similar to mine and the rest of us that had very late-October applications and are now just receiving our medical requests. I'm sure yours will be coming any day now!

roney_usask

Jun 26, 2020
Your timeline is similar to mine and the rest of us that had very late-October applications and are now just receiving our medical requests. I'm sure yours will be coming any day now!
the people I know with same time line as mine all of them got medical call. I am little bit worried. Hope I get call very soon. It's frustrating when all other people of same timeline gets call but you dont.

R.gmr

Mar 1, 2020
I also did not get a medical request yet. and today got a ghost update and the background check field is saying we are processing your background check. I am Oct 31. I thought there would be medical request first and then background check, isnt it correct?

roney_usask

Jun 26, 2020
I also did not get medical request yet. and today got a ghost update and the background check field is saying we are processing your background check. A I am OCt 31. I thought there would be medical request first and then background check, isnt it correct?
Yeah, usually first they call for medical then start for BC. May be you will get medical call in day 1 or 2. Let's hope for the best.

R.gmr

Mar 1, 2020
Does anyone know what does exactly "we are processing your background check" mean? Does it mean they have started the Background check or the background check has finished and they're processing the results?

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Does anyone know what does exactly "we are processing your background check" mean? Does it mean they have started the Background check or the background check has finished and they're processing the results?
When the BGC changes to "we are processing your background check", it means that they have started the background check.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup