+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Just received a request for finger print based police clearance. The letter says:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must provide an RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints.

Followed by details on how to do it. Anyone else received this?
I applied Oct 18 and received Oct 22 got AOR Dec 11. I have not received the request but I did do the RCMP police clearance when I went to get my fingerprints done to apply for the police certificate from my home country. The person who did the fingerprints recommended I do it because he found that often times persons applying inland subsequently receive a request for the RCMP police clearance especially if they have been in the country for awhile and their name is common. So I followed his recommendation

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
I applied Oct 18 and received Oct 22 got AOR Dec 11. I have not received the request but I did do the RCMP police clearance when I went to get my fingerprints done to apply for the police certificate from my home country. The person who did the fingerprints recommended I do it because he found that often times persons applying inland subsequently receive a request for the RCMP police clearance especially if they have been in the country for awhile and their name is common. So I followed his recommendation
That would make sense, I have been in Canada for more than 9 years now.

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
I received a request for RCMP police check today from IRCC. I understand that the one I did after recommendation is valid for 3 months. I have been in Canada over a year now I assume that's why have requested one. I was able to get an appointment today and I understand it takes about 2 weeks for RCMP to process the results and send to IRCC. Hope this helps anyone that may be curious.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Can I link my request without having AOR? It seems to me that it is the same number that has the receipt of payment that begins with R, how you linked your application?

Do you know which letters the application numbers begin with? do they have the same letter at the beginning?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
ircc sometimes make mistake.i got an email today from ircc that the 315$ they asked me to pay was an error
IRCC barely sending any updates, and the ones they do send are wrong and causing a panic. :oops: I'm glad to hear this error was in your favor!

Reactions: TriniKRN

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
I had an "Application/Profile updated" for our application today. That's all I can see. Application was received on 23 October 2020.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I had an "Application/Profile updated" for our application today. That's all I can see. Application was received on 23 October 2020.
Is it your first GU? Maybe they are updating your file with BGC info.

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
My BGC started in February, and my last update was passing the medical exam in April. I just ordered case notes to see what's going on.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Last time I had a ghost update I received my case notes that same day so I guess the ghost update showed up because they were pulling the notes to send them to me

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
My BGC started in February, and my last update was passing the medical exam in April. I just ordered case notes to see what's going on.
You can have 2 or 3 GU related to BGC. But it could be anything which would be confirmed in your GCMS notes. In any case, it's good news.

Anyone has not have any GU since their application was received?