+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Just received a request for finger print based police clearance. The letter says:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must provide an RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints.

Followed by details on how to do it. Anyone else received this?
When was your app received? I believe you need to go to an RCMP detachment and request your fingerprints to be taken. Here are some helpful links I found on the canada website

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=857&top=4

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
When was your app received? I believe you need to go to an RCMP detachment and request your fingerprints to be taken. Here are some helpful links I found on the canada website

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=857&top=4

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check
We sent in our application on October 18, 2019 and they received it on October 21, 2019. Our AOR came in on December 11, 2019. I just booked an appointment to get it done this evening. Have you done yours?

Thank you for the links.

Reactions: Amy23

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
We sent in our application on October 18, 2019 and they received it on October 21, 2019. Our AOR came in on December 11, 2019. I just booked an appointment to get it done this evening. Have you done yours?

Thank you for the links.
You are welcome! I haven't received a request for this, I have been in Canada for almost 4 years now, my app was received on October 9 and AOR in November 26, I am wondering if this will be requested for everyone or only some of us. Please let us know how the fingerprint process goes so we know what to expect if we get a request :)

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California

Thank you for the links.
My app got recieved on October 17th and i haven't gotten any notice to get fingerprints done yet. Please let us know how it goes! Do they receive the results by the place you're getting your fingerprints done at or do you have to receive the paper in the mail first and upload it yourself online?

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
My app got recieved on October 17th and i haven't gotten any notice to get fingerprints done yet. Please let us know how it goes! Do they receive the results by the place you're getting your fingerprints done at or do you have to receive the paper in the mail first and upload it yourself online?
There would be no biometrics request for the applicants who applied before December 2019.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
RCMP fingerprints are not mandatory for everyone. They will send a request to submit if you need one.
Seems like a lot of us are curious/unfamiliar about this RCMP fingerprint request (*not* the same as a biometrics request). This is something I have never heard of either, so if anyone else receives this too, please let us know!

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Seems like a lot of us are curious/unfamiliar about this RCMP fingerprint request (*not* the same as a biometrics request). This is something I have never heard of either, so if anyone else receives this too, please let us know!
I did a lot of reading on this and turns out the RCMP finger print based police clearance is not uncommon. Although not everyone will receive a request like this.

There are two types of police or criminal checks: 1) Name and DOB based 2) Finger print based. If IRCC finds a record of someone with similar name as the applicant, IRCC issues a finger print based police clearance request. This method is very through and it's the only way to clear the applicant. I have read some old threads from 2018 and 2019, seems like this request is not uncommon. I have a very common last name by the way.

I received the request on a Tuesday morning, booked an appointment immediately with a third party agency that collects fingerprints on RCMP's behalf. By 2pm same day my fingerprints were taken and sent to RCMP for criminal checks. RCMP will forward the certificate to IRCC in 7-10 days. The process was seamless and easy, the fees was $55.

Just hoping my application stays on track considering all the delays we have all faced already due to COVID.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
I did a lot of reading on this and turns out the RCMP finger print based police clearance is not uncommon. Although not everyone will receive a request like this.

There are two types of police or criminal checks: 1) Name and DOB based 2) Finger print based. If IRCC finds a record of someone with similar name as the applicant, IRCC issues a finger print based police clearance request. This method is very through and it's the only way to clear the applicant. I have read some old threads from 2018 and 2019, seems like this request is not uncommon. I have a very common last name by the way.

I received the request on a Tuesday morning, booked an appointment immediately with a third party agency that collects fingerprints on RCMP's behalf. By 2pm same day my fingerprints were taken and sent to RCMP for criminal checks. RCMP will forward the certificate to IRCC in 7-10 days. The process was seamless and easy, the fees was $55.

Just hoping my application stays on track considering all the delays we have all faced already due to COVID.
Thank you very much for the info, can you share the info for the third party you used for the fingerprint collection? in case we need it down the road :) thanks again!

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Thank you very much for the info, can you share the info for the third party you used for the fingerprint collection? in case we need it down the road :) thanks again!
It's https://www.f1fingerprint.ca

There's a lot more including commissionaires and local police stations that does this. But local police forensics was closed due to COVID and I found an appointment with them the same day.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
It's https://www.f1fingerprint.ca

There's a lot more including commissionaires and local police stations that does this. But local police forensics was closed due to COVID and I found an appointment with them the same day.
Thank you so much for this link and your insight. I have bookmarked this message in case I get the same request!