+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

nimmau2

Feb 23, 2020
Hello,

I am applying for my wife's PR under Inland Spousal Program & OWP.

We are clear with the documentation that needs to be submitted towards PR application. But we are not sure about the documentation that needs to be submitted for OWP.

1. Can anyone of you confirm if below are the application forms that need to submitted??

IMM5556E (Checklist)
IMM5710E (Application to Change Conditions....)
IMM5409E (Statutory declaration of Common-Law Union)
No Representative required

2. Should we send both the applications (PR and OWP) to the Mississauaga office?

3. I am a Canadian Citizen and what option do we select in the IMM5556E Checklist in this case??

Thanks

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I had seen the processing times were past my date I submitted it so I sent an email basically asking what's going on and they said it's still in process so..I can't really do much from here on except wait I guess since there's no use calling/emailing anymore because they've told me the same thing every time.
I have a suspicion that they (CIC representatives) are looking at the exact same info in our GC Key that we see when we log in as the applicant/PA. So they're only able to read back to us the current status (e.g. "In Process). Which is why I've been hesitant to call for a status update--they'll just be telling me what I already know. :confused: I'll try very early March if I have no update by then.

Good luck!

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hello,

We are clear with the documentation that needs to be submitted towards PR application. But we are not sure about the documentation that needs to be submitted for OWP.

1. Can anyone of you confirm if below are the application forms that need to submitted??

IMM5556E (Checklist)

2. Should we send both the applications (PR and OWP) to the Mississauaga office?

3. I am a Canadian Citizen and what option do we select in the IMM5556E Checklist in this case??

Thanks
I'm not sure that you need to send all those documents in for a (Spousal Sponsorship) OWP. Along with my PR application, I only submitted IMM5710E and proof of payment ($255 = $100 open permit holder fee + $155 work permit fee), as per these instructions: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1361&top=4

I think the documents you've listed are when you're applying for an OWP under different circumstances (not Spousal Sponsorship).

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: nimmau2

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hello,

IMM5556E (Checklist)

Thanks
You are spouses (not common law):

In IMM5533 you mark the box (page 2 of 10, part 5, "I am also including an Open Work Permit application".

After IMM5533 you place:
IMM5556;
Bar code page of IMM5710 (i.e. last page of IMM5710);
IMM5710 itself (I also added few pages N4, because I have lots of employment);
Prove of payment fee (255 CAD);
Additional docs (copy passport, marriage certificate).

After all these you place bar code pages of main application and etc.

Altogether you send to Mississauga.

I can not understand your question N3. This is nothing about you (Canadian husband). This is about your wife, she asks an OWP).

Feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

nimmau2

Feb 23, 2020
I'm not sure that you need to send all those documents in for a (Spousal Sponsorship) OWP. Along with my PR application, I only submitted IMM5710E and proof of payment ($255 = $100 open permit holder fee + $155 work permit fee), as per these instructions: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1361&top=4

I think the documents you've listed are when you're applying for an OWP under different circumstances (not Spousal Sponsorship).

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much !!

nimmau2

Feb 23, 2020
You are spouses (not common law):

In IMM5533 you mark the box (page 2 of 10, part 5, "I am also including an Open Work Permit application".

After IMM5533 you place:
IMM5556;
Bar code page of IMM5710 (i.e. last page of IMM5710);
IMM5710 itself (I also added few pages N4, because I have lots of employment);
Prove of payment fee (255 CAD);
Additional docs (copy passport, marriage certificate).

After all these you place bar code pages of main application and etc.

Altogether you send to Mississauga.

I can not understand your question N3. This is nothing about you (Canadian husband). This is about your wife, she asks an OWP).

Feel free to correct me.
Thank you lfbt...this helps!

Understand that IMM5475 (common law is not required)

1. You mentioned that I should include IMM5556. What option does my wife select in the checklist??

'If you are a student' (not relevant to her)
'If you are a provincial nominee(not relavant to her)
'If you are a spouse or common law partner of an open permit holder or a skilled worker ( should we select this as I am a Canadian citizen and a skilled worker)

2. What additional documents do we include with the OWP?? Other than Copy of passport and Marriage Certificate??

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Thank you lfbt...this helps!

Understand that IMM5475 (common law is not required)

1. You mentioned that I should include IMM5556. What option does my wife select in the checklist??

'If you are a student' (not relevant to her)
'If you are a provincial nominee(not relavant to her)
'If you are a spouse or common law partner of an open permit holder or a skilled worker ( should we select this as I am a Canadian citizen and a skilled worker)

2. What additional documents do we include with the OWP?? Other than Copy of passport and Marriage Certificate??
1. in IMM5556 pages 2 and 3 mark everywhere N/A (not applicable)
In IMM5710 your wife mentions that she is married to you (page 1 of 6, part 9) .
2. It possibly could be boarding passes or PHOTO (like Kodak photo) of passport page where arriving stamp (entry into Canada) is. If your copies is clear and readable - then no worries.

Glad it helps!

nimmau2

Feb 23, 2020
1. in IMM5556 pages 2 and 3 mark everywhere N/A (not applicable)
In IMM5710 your wife mentions that she is married to you (page 1 of 6, part 9) .
2. It possibly could be boarding passes or PHOTO (like Kodak photo) of passport page where arriving stamp (entry into Canada) is. If your copies is clear and readable - then no worries.

Glad it helps!
This really helps. Appreciate the quick response :)