Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Just wondering if anyone here is from Alberta and know the pricing for medical. Also, will I have to give biometrics after the medical or is that the last step?
My granny isn’t well so I need to go back home ASAP. How long do you guys think the process will further take?
Biometrics will be after medical. There's a little confusion if we (October 2019 Inland applicants) will have to give biometrics though, as the law changed AFTER we submitted, but before we received AOR. I posted a question to the group for clarification on this issue, but no one ever replied. Personally, I assume biometrics will be required for us,

Also, I would keep assuming that the PR approval process will take the full 12 months as quoted online. I've seen people on other message boards say that a 1-2 week trip out of the country should be OK, but remember that it is always up to the discretion of the Border Patrol if you will be allowed back in to Canada upon return. Some people call CIC/IRCC for "permission," but Immmigration and Border Patrol really don't talk to each other and so it's not your file will be marked as "Approved to travel" by Immigration for CSBP. Any travel is at your own risk.

Hope this helps and anyone please correct me if I am wrong!

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
OHIP question for those of you in Ontario that have received your OWP paperwork (not just online approval):

Is the OWP paperwork enough to bring to Service Canada for an OHIP application? Or do you have to wait for the Confirmation Letter of PR eligibility from CIC (the following taken from http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ohipfaq_mn.aspx)?

If you are applying for Ontario health insurance coverage as an Applicant for Permanent Residence, you are required to present written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada, which may be one of the following :
  • CIC Confirmation Letter – letter on CIC letterhead addressed to the Applicant for Permanent Residence that confirms that the applicant is eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada;
  • CIC Immigration document such as a Work Permit, Visitor Record, Temporary Resident Permit or Study Permit with note in the "Remarks Section" that indicates that you have applied for permanent residence and the CIC has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
Just wondering if anyone has tried applying for OHIP at this point yet. Thanks!

Tony95

Jan 26, 2020
Permanent Residence
  1. We received application for permanent residence on October 2, 2019.
  2. We sent medical instructions on February 15, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Guys, i got the medical check without the AOR letter. Thanks god I was scared my application got lost

kashatxx

May 8, 2014
So does anybody has an estimate on how much time after submitting the medicals does it take to get to the next step and the PR?

Thanks!

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Is anyone else still waiting on their work permit to be approved?
I am. OWP Application received 10/30/19 (backdated to 10/23/19). AOR received 12/24/19.

Was hoping OWP would have been electronically approved by now; just hoping it comes by the end of them month. I check my GC Key every day, but have not tried calling IRCC yet. I fully realize that every application is on a different timeline.

I read that the sponsor has to be approved before the OWP will be approved. Is this the case? My sponsor (husband) has not received anything since AOR. So I'm wondering if this is part of my "delay?"

kashatxx

May 8, 2014
Did the medicals today. Blood work will take 7-10 days.

Received a request to provide a resume with details of roles and description of duties.
My question is, how far back do they want it?

Thanks!

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
I am. OWP Application received 10/30/19 (backdated to 10/23/19). AOR received 12/24/19.

Was hoping OWP would have been electronically approved by now; just hoping it comes by the end of them month. I check my GC Key every day, but have not tried calling IRCC yet. I fully realize that every application is on a different timeline.

I read that the sponsor has to be approved before the OWP will be approved. Is this the case? My sponsor (husband) has not received anything since AOR. So I'm wondering if this is part of my "delay?"
Not sure if the sponsor has to be approved before the OWP will be approved. I never received anything in regards to sponsor being approve. We received OWP, Oct 31 submission date. May be delay is bec ur Aor received late. U should call IRCC and tell them u r overdue according to timeline.

Anyone receive Medical Requests, plz update spreadsheet. Thanks

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
OHIP question for those of you in Ontario that have received your OWP paperwork (not just online approval):

Is the OWP paperwork enough to bring to Service Canada for an OHIP application? Or do you have to wait for the Confirmation Letter of PR eligibility from CIC (the following taken from http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ohipfaq_mn.aspx)?

If you are applying for Ontario health insurance coverage as an Applicant for Permanent Residence, you are required to present written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada, which may be one of the following :
  • CIC Confirmation Letter – letter on CIC letterhead addressed to the Applicant for Permanent Residence that confirms that the applicant is eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada;
  • CIC Immigration document such as a Work Permit, Visitor Record, Temporary Resident Permit or Study Permit with note in the "Remarks Section" that indicates that you have applied for permanent residence and the CIC has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
Just wondering if anyone has tried applying for OHIP at this point yet. Thanks!
I have been reading this as well over and over, my understanding is if you have OWP, you can not get OHIP however if you could get job contract of at least 6 months, they can issue a OHIP

Also, i think above statement means, they require AIP, Approve in Principal letter

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I have been reading this as well over and over, my understanding is if you have OWP, you can not get OHIP however if you could get job contract of at least 6 months, they can issue a OHIP

Also, i think above statement means, they require AIP, Approve in Principal letter
Thank you and I agree-you have to have your eligibility confirmed (AIP) before you can apply for OHIP.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Not sure if the sponsor has to be approved before the OWP will be approved. I never received anything in regards to sponsor being approve. We received OWP, Oct 31 submission date. May be delay is bec ur Aor received late. U should call IRCC and tell them u r overdue according to timeline.

Anyone receive Medical Requests, plz update spreadsheet. Thanks
Thanks for that input about sponsor approval.

Also, if you now check OWP/Work Permit application processing times online (via https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html), they actually give you the time in number of days, not months like they used to, AND they tell you what batch of applications they're working on. Just FYI for those of us still awaiting OWP approval. The following information accessed 02/23/20:

Work permit from inside Canada (initial and extension)

93 days

Working on applications received on November 7, 2019.

Paper
107 days

Working on applications received on October 24, 2019.

You may need to give biometrics with your application. This processing time doesn’t include the time you need to give your biometrics.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Thanks for that input about sponsor approval.

Also, if you now check OWP/Work Permit application processing times online (via https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html), they actually give you the time in number of days, not months like they used to, AND they tell you what batch of applications they're working on. Just FYI for those of us still awaiting OWP approval. The following information accessed 02/23/20:

Work permit from inside Canada (initial and extension)

93 days

Working on applications received on November 7, 2019.

Paper
107 days

Working on applications received on October 24, 2019.

You may need to give biometrics with your application. This processing time doesn’t include the time you need to give your biometrics.
I had seen the processing times were past my date I submitted it so I sent an email basically asking what's going on and they said it's still in process so..I can't really do much from here on except wait I guess since there's no use calling/emailing anymore because they've told me the same thing every time.