+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Hi All, finally we are ready to submit. One questions, I am little confused..in Guide this is what it says...

3. The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.
When it says "any barcode pages" after work permit application. Does it mean all barcode pages from form IMM 1344 (SPONSOR FORM), IMM 1008 (PA FORM) and IMM 5710 (OWP)?

Wouldn't that confuse immigration officer that after OWP and supporting docs, I am putting bar code page of OWP and other forms?

Also, what did you guys do with 20 photos, did you guys put between forms according to checklist or at the beginning for other forms and docs?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I left the bar codes of 5710 with the owp but I may be wrong. My logic was that the owp application was on its own. For the photos, i thought to put it together in order but since It wasn’t documents, we put the 20 photos (attached with an elastic band as they said) plus the 2 photos in the paper bag the photos were received. In the enveloppe, i think it was behind at the end of all documents.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
1) yes the PCC must be the original.
2) I have no experience with that maybe someone else may address that but I think a letter of explanation won't hurt and is your best course of action.
3)yes that shows employment benefits to your spouse so that will suffice
4)other proof can also include messages via whatsapp and social media about your relationship from family and friends. I understand whatever IRCC gets in the package is not returned and that why they ask for copies of everything. As it relates to your social media I suggest you log in and screenshot your facebook that shows your status. Also even though your profile is private you can go in settings and set your profile to show your relationshipsbip status to the public so anyone who views your profile will see your name and your relationship status and who you are married to. You can screenshot and print that page also to include as proof.
5) send a copy of the marriage certificate. They will verify the authenticity of the document. If you send an original you will not get it back
Why the original? They said to include only copies unless otherwise instructed.

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
Why the original? They said to include only copies unless otherwise instructed.
I was confused about that too but on the checklist the police check didn't mention copies and I called them and it had to be original. So for my application the things that needed to be original were the police check and my Canadian Spouse's employment letter

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I was confused about that too but on the checklist the police check didn't mention copies and I called them and it had to be original. So for my application the things that needed to be original were the police check and my Canadian Spouse's employment letter
That’s weird because two of the pcc my husband got were online. Why do they need employment letter?

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
That’s weird because two of the pcc my husband got were online. Why do they need employment letter?
Oh! I'm Australian and they sent my police check on special paper. It could be different depending on countries but for me they wanted originals.

On the checklist it asked if my husband is working in Canada to provide an original letter of employment with like his hours and stuff and also his CRA notice of assessment for this year. I'm applying from Ontario so it could also differ depending on other provinces or not aha

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
One thing I just realized is my application was sent via courier via Staples and the sending address on the parcel they used was their address. I assume if it's returned though they'll send it to the address listed in the application?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
One thing I just realized is my application was sent via courier via Staples and the sending address on the parcel they used was their address. I assume if it's returned though they'll send it to the address listed in the application?
Yes, if there is special instruction for the country providing documents, it’s possible that you need original.

I’m applying from Qc that’s why I didn’t know about the employment letter.

RoxasTheNobody

Apr 10, 2019
Yes, if there is special instruction for the country providing documents, it’s possible that you need original.

I’m applying from Qc that’s why I didn’t know about the employment letter.
Yeah, that's probably why! I know QC has a different process than the rest of Canada.

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
Hi, everybody
Application sent : October 22
Application received : October 23
AOR: waiting

Does anybody got AOR, from Applications received in October?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi, everybody
Application sent : October 22
Application received : October 23
AOR: waiting

Does anybody got AOR, from Applications received in October?
Welcome! I think we are all waiting as not everyone from September got AOR. Don’t forget to update your timeline on the spreadsheet.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi, guys
Application sent : October 3
Application received : October 4
AOR: still waiting

Inland common law - Toronto
Welcome to the waiting game! Kindly update your timeline in the spreadsheet. The link is in the first post of this thread.