Category........
FAM
Hey all! a bit late to post but thats okay i guess
Application sent : 1st October 2019
Application Received : 3rd October 2019
Spousal sponsorship inland + OWP

us.toban.2be

Mar 5, 2019
After nearly a year of working on our application (this stuff is not for the faint of heart!), with long delays because of difficulties obtaining a Cambodian police certificate, we sent off our Inland Spouse Sponsorship Application + OWP on October 2. It was delivered on October 3 and signed by S Wong. Now for the waiting...
Reading this thread I realize I overpaid my fees. Paid biometrics fee for the application and the OWP. Hopefully that won't cause issues.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
After nearly a year of working on our application (this stuff is not for the faint of heart!), with long delays because of difficulties obtaining a Cambodian police certificate, we sent off our Inland Spouse Sponsorship Application + OWP on October 2. It was delivered on October 3 and signed by S Wong. Now for the waiting...
Reading this thread I realize I overpaid my fees. Paid biometrics fee for the application and the OWP. Hopefully that won't cause issues.
Congrats! Why did it took so long? It seems this application is stressful for many. Check on the website if it's possible to have it refunded. I think if you paid wrong fees you can ask for refund.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
If anyone wants to be added to the whats app group PM me.

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Hello, I'm new to this thread. I just sent my application today and will receive by Oct.10.. It was originally sent last July 31st but was sent back due to missing docs. So now I'm in Oct. Applicants..

I hope it will be okay this time, it was so stressing.
Goodluck to everyone!

Last edited:

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hello, I'm new to this thread. I just sent my application today and will receive by Oct.10.. It was originally sent last July 31st but was sent back due to missing docs. So now I'm in Oct. Applicants..

I hope it will be okay this time, it was so stressing.
Goodluck to everyone!
Welcome! What documents were missing?

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The NOA with line 150 (Total income) and the signature by hand next to the written name on the Schedule A form. It was sent back October 7 and I resubmitted October 8.
Is NOA mandatory? They have mention to share expalanation letter if you cant provide NOA. Even I gave explanation letter. God know if officer gets convinced with it. If this is the first year you are eligible for tax then only in year 2020 one can file his income and taxes.

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Is NOA mandatory? They have mention to share expalanation letter if you cant provide NOA. Even I gave explanation letter. God know if officer gets convinced with it. If this is the first year you are eligible for tax then only in year 2020 one can file his income and taxes.
Yes it is mandatory cuz they wouldn't send it back and highlighted to the letter of returning if not. But yea, it was stated to write an explanation if you can't provide any of the docs that they're requiring. From the July applicants, one of them got their package back too cuz they didn't provide the marriage certificate and they wrote an explanation that they're still waiting for it to release and they will just send it too as soon as they get it but they still sent their package back.

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
If you can’t provide a NOA because you aren’t eligible for tax yet/can’t file a return because of this and you stated it in your letter then you should be fine. This is a good enough reason in the eyes of CIC.

What they don’t accept is ‘I don’t have it because we haven’t received it yet’. This isn’t an excuse. That’s why the July person got their app returned to them. You’re not supposed to send in an application that’s missing documents just because you’re waiting to receive it in the mail and don’t want to wait to send in your app.

As sponsorship is a year long process, they might ask for your 2020 NOA at a later date.

Reactions: abiisharma

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Who are you sponsoring that you need to provide NOA?

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can’t provide a NOA because you aren’t eligible for tax yet/can’t file a return because of this and you stated it in your letter then you should be fine. This is a good enough reason in the eyes of CIC.

What they don’t accept is ‘I don’t have it because we haven’t received it yet’. This isn’t an excuse. That’s why the July person got their app returned to them. You’re not supposed to send in an application that’s missing documents just because you’re waiting to receive it in the mail and don’t want to wait to send in your app.

As sponsorship is a year long process, they might ask for your 2020 NOA at a later date.
Thanks for the clarification.

kathie16

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Thank you for the thread, we sent our package Oct. 11 and it’s expected to arrive Oct. 18. Now the waiting begins.

rafaboy

Oct 6, 2019
The waiting is the worst part and then you start to think if you didn't forget anything or if the documents will be send back because of something else....