Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Its multiple entry 10 year visa. One can stay max for 6 months in one go. But that is not the case. You can get G1 drivers license on foreign passport. Check Drive Ontario website for G1.

As long as , you can have those bills showing her address that'll work.
Btw can you get license in Ontario just by converting your foreign license? You don’t need to do classes?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Ohhh hmmm, I totally thought it meant regular paper! Thanks! We'll check with our local police station
I thought so as well! Then I went to check online and staples website and it’s not regular paper. Itz a good idea to check with police station.

Reactions: Marge88

Kishorekish

Aug 21, 2014
Hello,

I am bringing my wife to Canada on Visitor Visa (Which she already have) and then applying for Inland Sponsorship. My question is does she need to have return ticket back to India, since she is on Visitor visa? The officer at the airport when we land will ask for return ticket?

Pleas help me the answer.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Just got off the phone from CIC contact centre. Customer Rep said, if we are applying for OWP+Spouse inland application. We are not required to pay for biometric, she will not have to do Biometric as there are no places to do Biometric within Canada. And there is an exception rule to do biometric as application is within Canada.

Anyone had similar answers or where we can find this on instruction guide.

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Just got off the phone from CIC contact centre. Customer Rep said, if we are applying for OWP+Spouse inland application. We are not required to pay for biometric, she will not have to do Biometric as there are no places to do Biometric within Canada. And there is an exception rule to do biometric as application is within Canada.

Anyone had similar answers or where we can find this on instruction guide.
The information they told you was correct. Current Inland applicants are not required to give biometrics at this point. You can read more about it here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hello,

I am bringing my wife to Canada on Visitor Visa (Which she already have) and then applying for Inland Sponsorship. My question is does she need to have return ticket back to India, since she is on Visitor visa? The officer at the airport when we land will ask for return ticket?

I would advise you to have a return ticket. It’s better to have one than to not. If the officer decides to ask for proof that your spouse will return to India and you don’t have the return ticket, it could cause issues. It’s always best to be prepared for every eventuality when it comes to the CBSA.

Always be honest and do not volunteer information unless you are asked.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
The information they told you was correct. Current Inland applicants are not required to give biometrics at this point. You can read more about it here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/exemptions.html
Thank you I found it. However, when you check requirement for OWP for Inland. This is what it says:

Find out if you need to give biometrics
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

If you’re already in Canada and need to leave the country to give biometrics
If you’re in Canada and you apply for an initial study or work permit, and you received a biometrics instruction letter from us, you may need to leave Canada to give biometrics.

Do NOT travel to the United States (U.S.) to give your biometrics. You must already be legally in the U.S. or an overseas territory of the U.S. to go to an Application Support Center.

Instead, go to a visa application centre (VAC) in any other country that you can legally enter, such as your home country, to give your biometrics.

Its like double answer there. So for OWP you have to go for Biometric. When I put my wife passport code "GBR" that what it comes to, there should have been update on website that says if you are applying for inland PR+OWP you do not require biometric.

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Thank you I found it. However, when you check requirement for OWP for Inland. This is what it says:

Find out if you need to give biometrics
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

If you’re already in Canada and need to leave the country to give biometrics
If you’re in Canada and you apply for an initial study or work permit, and you received a biometrics instruction letter from us, you may need to leave Canada to give biometrics.

Do NOT travel to the United States (U.S.) to give your biometrics. You must already be legally in the U.S. or an overseas territory of the U.S. to go to an Application Support Center.

Instead, go to a visa application centre (VAC) in any other country that you can legally enter, such as your home country, to give your biometrics.

Its like double answer there. So for OWP you have to go for Biometric. When I put my wife passport code "GBR" that what it comes to, there should have been update on website that says if you are applying for inland PR+OWP you do not require biometric.
It’s likely because the Spousal OWP is still considered a pilot scheme so the information is not updated to reflect Spousal OWP applicants. This is why many people forget to pay the additional $100 OWP holder’s fee as it’s not mentioned anywhere else.

If you are required to give biometrics for your OWP (it is very unlikely) you'll be notified by letter/email.

Looking at the other applicants who are receiving OWPs via Spousal (the July folk) I’m not seeing any mentioning having to do biometrics so it looks like it’s just a case of CIV not updating the info considering the pilot project :)

Reactions: Laurahd

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
It’s likely because the Spousal OWP is still considered a pilot scheme so the information is not updated to reflect Spousal OWP applicants. This is why many people forget to pay the additional $100 OWP holder’s fee as it’s not mentioned anywhere else.

If you are required to give biometrics for your OWP (it is very unlikely) you'll be notified by letter/email.

Looking at the other applicants who are receiving OWPs via Spousal (the July folk) I’m not seeing any mentioning having to do biometrics so it looks like it’s just a case of CIV not updating the info considering the pilot project :)
So I guess we can save some money on Biometric...lol..Thanks.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Hello,

Better to be safe then sorry. Flight will cost you almost same. Immigration Officer does not care if she is married to Citizen of Canada and eventually she will be approve to stay in Canada on PR. All they care is that she is on Visitor visa and she must leave within certain time.

boymedina

Oct 7, 2019
hey guys
my wife is going to sponsor me by the spousal sponsorship we do not know how it really works looking for guidance anyone please can help?

rafaboy

Oct 6, 2019
;

thanks rafaboy. I have long way to go but at first before anything will read everything to have the general idea thanks
I did my application last Saturday and i did send on Sunday via Fedex will be delivery tomorrow.
Read all the package and start to ask for criminal record and birth certificate from your country because in my case that two took me a long time.

Reactions: Laurahd