Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
My wife is on trv. I created my wife's driving license. This has same address as mine and opened bank account too.
How were you able to get driving license if she’s on visit visa (6 month max)? When I called they said it’s nothing possible. My husband has cell phone bill, bank account and electricity bill under his name with same address.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Regarding OWP

I’m a bit confused as to whether we need the imm5556 checklist or not. I decided I’ll add it but don’t think it’s necessary. I just want to confirm we don’t need to give additional photos for the OWP?

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How were you able to get driving license if she’s on visit visa (6 month max)? When I called they said it’s nothing possible. My husband has cell phone bill, bank account and electricity bill under his name with same address.
Its multiple entry 10 year visa. One can stay max for 6 months in one go. But that is not the case. You can get G1 drivers license on foreign passport. Check Drive Ontario website for G1.

As long as , you can have those bills showing her address that'll work.

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I am waiting for the police check from FBI to send mine. For anyone sending OWP, remember the total fees are 100+155 so 255 CAD. Good luck everyone!

For those who are sponsor, any of you sponsoring a PA that is on a TRV (visit) but that has proof of cohabitation?
Can I ask where you got your fingerprints done? Can we go to any police station?

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding OWP

I’m a bit confused as to whether we need the imm5556 checklist or not. I decided I’ll add it but don’t think it’s necessary. I just want to confirm we don’t need to give additional photos for the OWP?
There was no requirement in OWP checklist to provide photos. I did not provide.

Reactions: Laurahd

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Its multiple entry 10 year visa. One can stay max for 6 months in one go. But that is not the case. You can get G1 drivers license on foreign passport. Check Drive Ontario website for G1.

As long as , you can have those bills showing her address that'll work.
Thanks. I’m in Quebec and last time I called, it isn’t seemed he could apply for driving license on visit visa but I’ll check again tomorrow,

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Can I ask where you got your fingerprints done? Can we go to any police station?
hi

I’m sponsor (Canadian citizen). My husband did his fingerprint at a private company certified by rcmp to do fingerprint. When I called police, they said they don’t do it for past ten years and that’s how it works now. It was 40$, they had the stock paper for FBI ready. All place i called it was 40$.

We mailed with Xpresspost USA. Dropped it Sept 25. Post Canada website stopped updating after 3 days and I followed up with USPS. The package arrived late, last Thursday Oct 4. Contacted Post Canada for a refund and they sent a check. I thought it was gonna take weeks for the FBI but then checked and it said 3-5 days. They received it Oct 4 around 11am and the next day, at 16:55 we received it by email. They will also send it by mail.

Now i don’t know if the copy received by email is ok but I guess it is. They ask for PCC in the country you live the longest for the past 10 years. I’ve seen sometimes they ask another PCC and when we called the agent said all countries you lived for more than six months for the past 10 years (which is not what is said on the guide or checklist). So we decided to get all PCCs. Now I’m not saying that’s what should be done as it doesn’t say all countries on the checklist but that’s what we did. Though, good to note that on the website I think it says that if more PCC are required, they will let us know.

Reactions: S_Souki_7

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
hi

I’m sponsor (Canadian citizen). My husband did his fingerprint at a private company certified by rcmp to do fingerprint. When I called police, they said they don’t do it for past ten years and that’s how it works now. It was 40$, they had the stock paper for FBI ready. All place i called it was 40$.

We mailed with Xpresspost USA. Dropped it Sept 25. Post Canada website stopped updating after 3 days and I followed up with USPS. The package arrived late, last Thursday Oct 4. Contacted Post Canada for a refund and they sent a check. I thought it was gonna take weeks for the FBI but then checked and it said 3-5 days. They received it Oct 4 around 11am and the next day, at 16:55 we received it by email. They will also send it by mail.

Now i don’t know if the copy received by email is ok but I guess it is. They ask for PCC in the country you live the longest for the past 10 years. I’ve seen sometimes they ask another PCC and when we called the agent said all countries you lived for more than six months for the past 10 years (which is not what is said on the guide or checklist). So we decided to get all PCCs. Now I’m not saying that’s what should be done as it doesn’t say all countries on the checklist but that’s what we did. Though, good to note that on the website I think it says that if more PCC are required, they will let us know.
Oh, dang thanks for the heads up on the police stations not doing it. That was our plan, to go to the local station. Can I ask what company you used?

As well, when you did the online request, what did you put for your spouse's "country of residence"? We put both Canada and the US for my spouse as it allowed us to add more than one, but not sure if that was correct.

Thank you for the response!

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for starting a new thread! Sent my application in today so the waiting begins! Just thought I'd post how I compiled my package if anyone needs to refer to it.. I've learned alot from the tips from alot of members here so thank you all for that! I basically just used the checklist as a Table of Contents, which was really helpful. I used 3 large transparent folders:

Folder 1: Part A forms including checklists, barcodes + OWP Application
Folder 2: Part B items including supporting docs for sponsor + applicant
Folder 3: Part B more support docs, basically proof of relationship etc. Also had a little folder inside with our pictures

I used a lot of paper clips to hold documents together and also used coloured tabs to label each section. Hopefully it will make it easier for the visa officer to look through.

Good luck to all!
Hi @pxlxyp
Just a quick clarification required: Did you sent package to Mississauga Office? Is Canadian PCC part of package?
My wife is on Visitor Visa. I have applied under Spouse in Canada Class + OWP. Mailed the package today to Mississauga office as this is an inland package.
PCC from India is attached. However, she has stayed just a month in Canada, therefore no pcc from here as of now.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Oh, dang thanks for the heads up on the police stations not doing it. That was our plan, to go to the local station. Can I ask what company you used?

As well, when you did the online request, what did you put for your spouse's "country of residence"? We put both Canada and the US for my spouse as it allowed us to add more than one, but not sure if that was correct.

Thank you for the response!
I’m in Quebec. You can call your local police station but I think what I had done was to call rcmp and they told me tocontact private company.

I just googled. As I was going in the evening, all were closed so I just went to one that was opened. I think it doesn’t matter much if they are accredited (not certified sorry) by rcmp. Call first to make sure they have the stock paper from fbi.

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I’m in Quebec. You can call your local police station but I think what I had done was to call rcmp and they told me tocontact private company.

I just googled. As I was going in the evening, all were closed so I just went to one that was opened. I think it doesn’t matter much if they are accredited (not certified sorry) by rcmp. Call first to make sure they have the stock paper from fbi.
Ah okay. On the website it said the fingerprint sheet can be printed on regular white paper stock?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Ah okay. On the website it said the fingerprint sheet can be printed on regular white paper stock?
Yes white paper stock. (I made a mistake wheN I said stock paper.) if you go to the police and they don’t have the form, you will have to print it on that paper (not regular paper we use in printing machine).

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Yes white paper stock. (I made a mistake wheN I said stock paper.) if you go to the police and they don’t have the form, you will have to print it on that paper (not regular paper we use in printing machine).
Ohhh hmmm, I totally thought it meant regular paper! Thanks! We'll check with our local police station

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Don't worry I'm sure everyone's package is different; so long as it's arranged according to the checklist I'm sure it's fine.
Thank you. Returning to the boards here, realised that I posted in the wrong thread, my app actually outland.

Hope my attention to detail in the application was better than to thread titles.