+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Cosmique

Jun 13, 2012
I’ve a quick question

I am the sponsor and my flat is in Montréal (I’m currently traveling in colombia to be with my husband -for the past 6 months-). I’m planning to come back to canada but to live in Toronto instead. Hence, I may be back in March, and will find a job and rent a condo in Toronto... my application has been sent as if I was living in Montréal, it was received on Oct 1st and the AOR was provided on Jan 4th.
My question is:

1. If I haven’t sent the forms to QC once CIC requests so, am I able to continue the process without sending the forms to QC? Will this impact the speed to get my husband’s PR?

2. If by the time I move to Toronto I have already sent the forms to QC and I change the address, what will be the impact on the application? will it slow down the speed for him to get his PR?

Remiel

Dec 14, 2018
They Received my application on October 29 And I received aor on December 20 my question is if i got like Application and Uci number is my Application all good or would they still sent it back? Thanks For the Answers!

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I have “Decision Made” under Sponsor on the ECAS but no email from them.

Clicking on the link doesn’t give any information either.

Sponsorship and Eligibility Status Determined
We have made a decision on your sponsorship application. We will inform you in writing of the decision.

Application Forwarded to Visa Office
We have forwarded your application to the Visa Office for final processing. Quebec residents please see the relevant diagram.

Sponsor Advised of Decision Made
We will inform you in writing of the decision made on your sponsorship application. We will send you a Permanent Resident Kit that you will need to forward to the family class relative you are sponsoring.

SJK90

Nov 1, 2018
Hi I have sent in my application on October 26, 2018. I have not heard back from them yet. I wanted to call them to find out if they at least have my application in the system. Since I don’t have a UCI or application number, what options do I press to get through to them? Can someone please let me know? Thanks! I just want the peace of mind that they at least have my application.

Thank you!

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
So...how do I actually submit the medical when it is done?

I don’t see any way to upload it on GCKey.

My wife has a child from a previous relationship that we also received a medical request for. My wife is in Canada and her child is still in the Philippines.

Once they are both done...how do I get them both submitted?

Nazman

Oct 18, 2018
I called CIC right now and they said action has been taken etc.. for your file they said the X from my temporary file number has been dropped and she doesn't know when I will receive AOR she said soon. She then told me you can check status or link it. In GCKEY I successfully linked it and it shows UCI and File number with name etc.. For the status bar it shows submitted when i click view full application status it says in a box "we are processing your application" . Shows nothing in ECAS using app number and UCI # .The questions is will they send the package back or does this confirm it is complete and will not be returned to me. Thanks

Last edited:

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
So...how do I actually submit the medical when it is done?

I don’t see any way to upload it on GCKey.

My wife has a child from a previous relationship that we also received a medical request for. My wife is in Canada and her child is still in the Philippines.

Once they are both done...how do I get them both submitted?
You don't, the panel physician is responsible to submit the medical.

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Thanks I read that on the letter after the post.

So I guess it doesn’t matter that they will come from two different doctors / countries.

So much fun navigating this process .

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Looking ahead, does anyone know what will happen if and when my wife gets the PPR?

She’s already in Canada on a visitors visa, and we don’t plan on going back to the Philippines unless absolutely necessary.

kevster

Nov 13, 2018
Bacoor City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-10-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
24-12-2018
Med's Done....
02-01-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2019
LANDED..........
31-03-2019
There is a new BIOMETRICS requirement for applicants from Asia and the Americas that just came into effect on December 31st 2018.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give your biometrics.
  • Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
  • Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas

I am just wondering if this new requirement as of December 31st applies to those of us from Asia & Americas who currently have applications being processed BEFORE that date will be asked to take biometrics sometime in the future before our applications are approved or it only applies to those who apply AFTER that date? It costs $85Cdn per person. It is no big deal for us either way but just curious if anyone knows.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
There is a new BIOMETRICS requirement for applicants from Asia and the Americas that just came into effect on December 31st 2018.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give your biometrics.
  • Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
  • Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas

I am just wondering if this new requirement as of December 31st applies to those of us from Asia & Americas who currently have applications being processed BEFORE that date will be asked to take biometrics sometime in the future before our applications are approved or it only applies to those who apply AFTER that date? It costs $85Cdn per person. It is no big deal for us either way but just curious if anyone knows.
Hey Kevster,

Read this from another post yesterday. They claimed they contacted CIC and asked the question. Reply from the call
center agent was there would be exceptions given for applications submitted prior to the new requirements starting Dec 31 2018.
Don't be surprised if you still have to get the biometrics done sometime in the future before applications approved.
I seen a photo from an office in Asia on Dec 31st. There were hundreds/hundreds lined up prior to the new requirements/fees.

kent_olsen

Jan 8, 2019
Hi, I was on September group and found that it made more sense to be on this group;
Application: Spousal Sponsorship - Outland
Sponsor: Canadian PR
Application Sent: 25.09.2018
Application Received: 01.10.2018
Office: Sydney - Nova Scotia
AOR: 04.01.2019

Currently waiting to see what is next!
Hey - at least you got your AOR...first contact we got was a final request for medical exam!