App. Filed.......
02-11-2018
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
File Transfer...
04-01-2019
Med's Request
16-04-2019
I wouldn't worry..........yet :). And just because people get their AOR's before other people does not mean their application time will be quicker as I have checked other month applicants to see some get AOR's and Medical requests much quicker than others but in the end they all get their final approvals around the same time yet I have seen some who have gotten approvals in 4 months. Hopefully people are updating their status on the October spread sheet (as it is easy to do) just so everyone here can get a rough idea of how the October application process is going for everyone.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=316166521
Hi, I am a November 2018 Applicant, Can this spreadsheet be used to fill in the details for November applicants as well?

sswitzer10

Nov 12, 2018
Hey everyone- My husband and I recently found out that we are pregnant. Not sure this is the most ideal time, but here we are! lol anyways... does anyone know if I should let immigration know or not? I am hoping my PR comes through before my due date and I can deliver the baby in Canada. If not I will be flying back to the US and delivering the baby there, which isn't ideal. Does anyone know if this news would possibly help speed up the process or make it worse? thanks!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey everyone- My husband and I recently found out that we are pregnant. Not sure this is the most ideal time, but here we are! lol anyways... does anyone know if I should let immigration know or not? I am hoping my PR comes through before my due date and I can deliver the baby in Canada. If not I will be flying back to the US and delivering the baby there, which isn't ideal. Does anyone know if this news would possibly help speed up the process or make it worse? thanks!
It will not speed anything up and you do not need to inform them of anything until the birth.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Really and truly it has no bearing on the process, or the length of application in any way shape or form. It certainly wont make it faster. The only reason I think you may want to tell them is if the child were to be born before your spouse lands, as they may have to declare their family composition when landing.

Carleton

Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
October 19
AOR Received.
January 23
File Transfer...
February 23
I am not sure if it will help the process speed but I assume it will Help show that your relationship is genuine

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Congrats! This will have no bearing on the application processing. You can let them know. You will want to consider things like provincial coverage like OHIP if you do end up giving birth in canada. Not sure where you intend to live, but in ontario you dont qualify for OHIP until three months after you land. This means you are responsible for medical bills as well which can be upwards for 10000 for a regular non eventful birth.

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
eCAS is DM for Sponsor. No emails yet.
GCKey is still the same.

Hi,

I am a November outland applicant applying for spousal sponsorship to sponsor my wife who is in India, I have submitted My Application on Nov 5th 2018, below is my timeline,

Application received: Nov 5
Received AOR1 : Dec 20
Sponsorship approval : Dec 21
File transfer to NDVO: Jan 4

I had the following queries regarding my application. If anybody had a similar situation or have any information regarding these , it will be very helpful if you can please share it,

1. My wife is pregnant( which I have mentioned in the application), the delivery date is in May , So once the baby is born, can add the baby also as part of the same application.

2. My has wife has recently moved to a new house in India. We have sold the old house. But in all her documents, passport etc has the old address in it. Should I or should I not update CIC regarding this?

Thanks in Advance.
That's pretty quick. Congrats!

1. If you're a Canadian Citizen, your baby will be considered as one too. Otherwise, you might have to add him/her to the application. If everything gets processed sooner and your wife is still pregnant, you should be fine. But remember that you might have to cover the hospital expenses when your wife lands here.

2. I would probably update CIC regarding this. It might be needed during the background check process.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I spoke too soon. I guess my wife has not been checking her emails or GCKey account lately as the Medical Request was sent to her 3 days ago on December 24th. They are also requesting PROOF of my wife and I living together (joint accounts etc...) and PROOF that we intend to return to Canada even though I already gave them all this information when we sent our application. I am just glad to see things rolling with our application.
Skippity do da!
Which proof did you submit for your intention to return to canada?

kevster

Nov 13, 2018
Bacoor City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-10-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
24-12-2018
Med's Done....
02-01-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2019
LANDED..........
31-03-2019
Hi, I am a November 2018 Applicant, Can this spreadsheet be used to fill in the details for November applicants as well?
I would think there is a November applicant spreadsheet out there somewhere as this is the October Applicant thread. I think it is always best to fill out the November spreadsheet with others in your group (Applications received in November) so you can get a better idea of how your application is rolling along compared to other applicants in the November group but nothing wrong will putting your info into the October outland spreadsheet if there is not a November spreadsheet out there already.

kevster

Nov 13, 2018
Bacoor City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-10-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
24-12-2018
Med's Done....
02-01-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2019
LANDED..........
31-03-2019
Which proof did you submit for your intention to return to canada?
For proof of my intention to relocated to Canada once we are approved I gave them:

1) A letter from my IBEW424 union hall stating that I am a 10-year member in good standing and where I take all my jobs from.
2) My "Servus Credit Union" bank statement showing my main branch address in downtown Fort McMurray, Alberta (Where we are relocating to).
3) My own detailed "TO DO LIST" upon transitioning from the Philippines to Fort McMurray Alberta with DETAILED INFORMATION on everything we need to do for a smooth transition (When they read it they will realize that we have thought it all out in complete detail showing our intention of returning to Canada).
4) I also wrote a letter detailing the reasons why we intend to return to Canada upon my wife's spousal application being approved by CIC. Basically explaining that Canada is our financial base where I normally make a 6-figure salary (as I showed already with my tax returns) and in the Philiippines I can't make anything (We just live off of my savings here) which is a bit of a no-brainer but I also explained to them that being a westerner I prefer a first world country and all the comforts it provides that I like and am accustomed to and basically wrote ALL THE REASONS why I am returning to Canada after my wife's application is approved.

Basically you want to show them anything that proves to them your connection to Canada which I think would satisfy them. It does seem odd for them to ask us for PROOF of our intention to return to Canada as I don't usually spend $1,040Cdn on an application fee and spend weeks researching and gathering documents and putting together a spousal package if I didn't have the intention of relocating to Canada but I send them what they request.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you kevster.
Good luck.
I am in the same boat, I.e.sponsor living overseas.

Last edited: