+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***OCTOBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
I am confused. Are people out there linking two account or something? I just figured out how to do it one time, and I thought that was good, using the principal applicants information. Are there people out there linking the sponsor, kids, etc, too? Or is all we have to do is go on and link the principal applicants information and we're good?
yeah . linking PA application is good

kevster

Nov 13, 2018
Bacoor City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-10-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
24-12-2018
Med's Done....
02-01-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2019
LANDED..........
31-03-2019
I am confused. Are people out there linking two account or something? I just figured out how to do it one time, and I thought that was good, using the principal applicants information. Are there people out there linking the sponsor, kids, etc, too? Or is all we have to do is go on and link the principal applicants information and we're good?
It will only allow you to link ONE account to it. I originally linked my account (The sponsor) and when I was finally successful I had my wife link her GCKey account to it and she was successful and when I went back and logged into my GCKey account it told me that the APPLICATION had been MOVED (To my wife's GCKey account). We also set up an ECAS account for my wife as well (Principal applicant information only for her) and my ecas account has SPONSOR information and Principal Applicant information. My sponsorship approval is over so I dont have a need for one but just check on information for principal applicant.

Reactions: hoppypuppy

andy.fsw.inland

Dec 20, 2015
Hey Guys, Back here again.. :) Long time.

Sponsor - Canada PR
PA - INDIA, Dependent Child - INDIA.

So here is the timeline:
1. Application received by CIC Sydney - October 13
2. AOR1 received - December 7

Account linked - After more than 20 attempts :) Used UCI (Sponsor), Application Number and 3 in number of people in application. Although I am sponsoring only 2.

3. SA (Sponsorship approval) - Decision Made on ECAS (11 Days) - no emails/mails or any communication from CIC. Linked online account says that they have started reviewing eligibility of PA. No medical requests or any other update.
4. Got Medical Requests - 21/12/2018
5. Email from CIC informing that File has been forwarded to PA visa office . 21/12/2018

kevster

Nov 13, 2018
Bacoor City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-10-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
24-12-2018
Med's Done....
02-01-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2019
LANDED..........
31-03-2019
Receiving an AOR means that you have no mistakes?

Or can your application still be sent back to you?

I believe that AOR just means they received it and are reviewing it but once you get your Sponsorship Approval you know everything is good.

On the ECAS site it says for "IN PROCESS":
Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

And once it says "DECISION MADE" on your sponsorship approval it says:
Sponsorship and Eligibility Status Determined
We have made a decision on your sponsorship application. We will inform you in writing of the decision.

Application Forwarded to Visa Office
We have forwarded your application to the Visa Office for final processing. Quebec residents please see the relevant diagram.

Sponsor Advised of Decision Made
We will inform you in writing of the decision made on your sponsorship application. We will send you a Permanent Resident Kit that you will need to forward to the family class relative you are sponsoring.

At this point I am sure you are fine, as my wife is on a Philippine/Canadian forum with October Applicants and some of them have already had their applications returned by CIC because of silly mistakes like not including the documents requested in the COUNTRY SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS or not signing the SCHEDULE A form, etc... and things like that.

I assume being in Canada now that you have already updated your new addresses and phone numbers with CIC?

Last edited:

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
They have my Canadian mailing address.

I’m just worried about being rejected since I’m sure I put a stupid answer in one place. That and the fact that we are already here without the means to go back for any interviews required is a bit unnerving.

kevster

Nov 13, 2018
Bacoor City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-10-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
24-12-2018
Med's Done....
02-01-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2019
LANDED..........
31-03-2019
They wouldn't return an application based on a stupid answer as that can easily be fixed online and they know it is going to happen with immigrants from other countries filling in different answers with english as their second language but they really just need all the forms they requested completed and filled out and all the documents they requested handed in along with all the signatures which is why they gave us a document checklist to go through carefully and tick off the forms that required signatures to ensure we had a completed application along with a GUIDE to answer those questions. They didn't give us a Document Checklist on acceptable answers :). If they sent back applications on stupid answers then they would get nothing accomplished but it is just a completed application with all requested documents included.

I remember one question that asked "Where do you reside?" and I originally put "Outside of Canada" as I have been living in the Philippines for a year now and then just before I submitted my application I was looking through our application one last time and that answer bothered me (gut feeling) and at that point I didn't really know exactly what they meant by "reside" even though I looked up the exact definition. For a full day I was humming and hawing about that one little question as I was now having DOUBTS so I googled it and sure enough it led me to this forum and someone that was experienced was telling someone else with the exact same question as me that "reside" means where you pay your taxes which changed my answer and he told the sponsor to put in Canada even if you are not living in Canada at the moment and said that everyone does it. Now I am sure my application would not be returned to me if I ticked the box residing "Outside of Canada."

Also the Schedule A told you to TYPE your name in the box which would be your signature and I had originally followed those instructions so just typed my wifes name in that box and dated it and saved it but when I looked through our Application one last time I realized they use to send the Schedule A online (emailed) AFTER CIC would request it so it was typed and NOW they have changed that where you submit it with your paper application so we then left the typed name in but I had my wife SIGN IT in pen beside it because it didn't make sense to just type it and then mail it when it was easy enough to sign for a paper application. And now my wife has told me that some people on the forum she is on have had their applications returned because they didn't sign the Schedule A form.

I wouldn't worry about an interview. I have looked at a lot of previous spreadsheets from other groups and most (95%) of them filled out "not requested" under the interview part and you have said you have been with your wife for 6 years and have a child and now living in Canada so I don't see any RED FLAGS for a CIC Officer to pick from that. My wife is even worrying about THE INTERVIEW and I keep telling her she probably will not be asked but she is still worried and keeps asking "What will they ask me? What if I don't know?? What if I say the wrong answer?". So I don't think there is anything to worry about. We always worry about things that are out of our control but if you can't control it, it is not worth worrying about.

Reactions: Carleton

kevster

Nov 13, 2018
Bacoor City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-10-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
24-12-2018
Med's Done....
02-01-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2019
LANDED..........
31-03-2019
Receiving an AOR means that you have no mistakes?

Or can your application still be sent back to you?
Actually I just asked my wife if any of the people on the forum she is on that have already had their applications returned by CIC if any got an AOR beforehand and she said "No" so maybe AOR means all is good.

hoppypuppy

Oct 10, 2018
It will only allow you to link ONE account to it. I originally linked my account (The sponsor) and when I was finally successful I had my wife link her GCKey account to it and she was successful and when I went back and logged into my GCKey account it told me that the APPLICATION had been MOVED (To my wife's GCKey account). We also set up an ECAS account for my wife as well (Principal applicant information only for her) and my ecas account has SPONSOR information and Principal Applicant information. My sponsorship approval is over so I dont have a need for one but just check on information for principal applicant.
Thank you very much, but I am still very confused. You gotta explain me to this like I'm 5 years old.

So I sign in with my bank information, and it shows one application I've submitted, and that's my wife's, the principal applicants.

So what you are sayin is that I gotta make another separate account for her, and link the application to her account, and then I can jerry-rig it so that I can link my sponsorship application with my account. So that when I go in and look at the applications I've submitted, I'm gonna see my name in the "applicant name" section.

And if I've not done that, I'm flying blind, because I'm only seeing messages for her application, and not my application to be a sponsor.

Am I understanding you correctly here? You can just answer with a yes.

I just want to make sure I'm not leaving any loose ends here because that's how things unravel.

So everyone else reading this, do you also have two ECA accounts, one for the sponsor and one for the principal applicant? I feel like a kid that didn't do his homework here, I just have the one account with the principal applicant linked to it.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I am here to ask you about my canada spousal sponsorship application.i resubmitted my application to cic on 29oct 2018 and recieve application no. and UCI on 15 dec. Actually i reviewed and found that my "place of birth" on application form match with my Birth certificate but different on passport (city same, town different).It am so tensed now. Can you please let me know, will the CIC raise issue on it and make delays on my PR .Or if you have any advice please share. Any answers will be appreciated.
Thankyou
Youve created your own post for this as well as posted in a few other threads. Defer to your post for the answer

kevster

Nov 13, 2018
Bacoor City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-10-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
24-12-2018
Med's Done....
02-01-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2019
LANDED..........
31-03-2019
Thank you very much, but I am still very confused. You gotta explain me to this like I'm 5 years old.

So I sign in with my bank information, and it shows one application I've submitted, and that's my wife's, the principal applicants.

So what you are sayin is that I gotta make another separate account for her, and link the application to her account, and then I can jerry-rig it so that I can link my sponsorship application with my account. So that when I go in and look at the applications I've submitted, I'm gonna see my name in the "applicant name" section.

And if I've not done that, I'm flying blind, because I'm only seeing messages for her application, and not my application to be a sponsor.

Am I understanding you correctly here? You can just answer with a yes.

I just want to make sure I'm not leaving any loose ends here because that's how things unravel.

So everyone else reading this, do you also have two ECA accounts, one for the sponsor and one for the principal applicant? I feel like a kid that didn't do his homework here, I just have the one account with the principal applicant linked to it.

LOL! No it isn't really a matter of doing your homework sort of thing as that was all done when you read the GUIDE and went through the DOCUMENT CHECKLIST and put your package together with everything CIC requested. The GCKey and ECAS accounts are just EXTRA if you want and that you really don't need any of these accounts as CIC will always contact you through your EMAIL addresses of Sponsor and Principal Applicant.

The only reason I set up an ECAS and GCKey account after I got my AOR was that other people on this forum were doing it and I wanted to check it out. We just decided to add an ECAS account and a GCKey account for my wife (the PRINCIPAL APPLICANT) as something extra and you don't need any banking information but just your name and application# or UCI# and basic information as my wife now has a ECAS & GCKey account but she still constantly checks her email for CIC anyhow.

In the other message of mine I just mentioned that once we set up a GCKey account for my wife (Principal Applicant) and linked OUR APPLICATION to her GCKey account and then I logged into my GCKey account and it then told me that the APPLICATION in my GCKey has been moved (To my wifes GCKey account) as if only one GCKey account could link to the application.

Like I said you really don't need these extra accounts as they will always EMAIL you whether it pertains to the sponsorer or Principal Applicant. So no, you aren't flying blind if you don't have any of these accounts. There is nothing in our two accounts (ECAS & GCKey) that the emails haven't already told us about the STATUS of our APPLICATION. So, don't think you are missing out if you don't have any of these accounts.

Reactions: hoppypuppy

kevster

Nov 13, 2018
Bacoor City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-10-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
24-12-2018
Med's Done....
02-01-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2019
LANDED..........
31-03-2019
4. Got Medical Requests - 21/12/2018
5. Email from CIC informing that File has been forwarded to PA visa office . 21/12/2018

Is yours an INLAND application? I am noticing on the spreadsheet that the inland applicants are receiving their medical requests now but none of the outland applications.

MarinaBishara

Dec 9, 2018
Guys mine was received oct 24, no reply yet!! I can see some.people that already got their aor. Should i start worrying?? What do i do?