Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hey All! I actually got through to Immigration today (woo hoo!) and "officially" they are processing applications received on October 9th, in Sydney. The other thing is that if you are applying from a country that did NOT require biometrics before Jan, 1, 2019 and now biometrics are required, it won't delay the application and you won't be penalized - just that at some point in the future the Applicant may be asked to provide them. Hope that helps some folks.

Divi.123

Jan 4, 2019
Hi every one !! I have a query if anyone could help.
My husband applied for Canadian PR when he was single and he got his PpR on 05th September 2018 and we informed CIC that we got married in June, additional documents were submitted by October 12th 2018.

It’s been three months now !! How much time does it take for this process ???

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Hi every one !! I have a query if anyone could help.
My husband applied for Canadian PR when he was single and he got his PpR on 05th September 2018 and we informed CIC that we got married in June, additional documents were submitted by October 12th 2018.

It’s been three months now !! How much time does it take for this process ???
It varies from application to application. Just have to be patient.

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Don't forget applicants 2 Passport Photocopies with you. My wife had to go out that Dr wont do it.
Even if the IRCC physician works through the eMedicals system?
It says on the form that they don't need it. I will definitely ask my wife to take them because I have seen crazier things happen there. I'm just curious.

s.abuhass

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Hi, I was on September group and found that it made more sense to be on this group;
Application: Spousal Sponsorship - Outland
Sponsor: Canadian PR
Application Sent: 25.09.2018
Application Received: 01.10.2018
Office: Sydney - Nova Scotia
AOR: 04.01.2019

Currently waiting to see what is next!

Reactions: laleona

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
I spoke too soon. I guess my wife has not been checking her emails or GCKey account lately as the Medical Request was sent to her 3 days ago on December 24th. They are also requesting PROOF of my wife and I living together (joint accounts etc...) and PROOF that we intend to return to Canada even though I already gave them all this information when we sent our application. I am just glad to see things rolling with our application.
Skippity do da!
Do you mind if I ask what you sent as proof? I will be sending mine at the end of the month so any ideas of what I can send will be great.

What proof are you sending that you will return to Canada and of cohabitation will you be adding?

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you mind if I ask what you sent as proof? I will be sending mine at the end of the month so any ideas of what I can send will be great.

What proof are you sending that you will return to Canada and of cohabitation will you be adding?
look at the message #285. This question was already answered.

kevster

Nov 13, 2018
Bacoor City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-10-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
24-12-2018
Med's Done....
02-01-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2019
LANDED..........
31-03-2019
Yes, for "Proof of Intent to return to Canada" I answered that in post#285 and as for "Proof of Cohabitation" I provided (as we only have 1 joint account which is our RENTAL LEASE agreement):

1) Copy of our present JOINT RENTAL LEASE AGREEMENT. (both of our names)
2) Copy of our landlords identification
3) Copy of our recent January rental receipt (both of our names)
4) Copy of our January gated community monthly dues (both of our names)
5) We wrote a DETAILED letter explaining why we did not have any other JOINT ACCOUNTS together explaining to them we were fully aware of this CIC requirement when we got married this past April and looked into setting up joint accounts together for this reason but that our original house we paid the electricity & water directly to the landlord next door and then after searching for a couple months to find a nicer place to live we finally found a brand new house in a gated community that we liked in our area but the electricity & water bills are in our landlords name that we pay each month in his name and cannot change it.
We also told them our internet provider "GLOBE" had told us that they only have INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS for bill payments and don't do JOINT ACCOUNTS and we checked with my wife's existing bank (BPI) and they told us they only give JOINT ACCOUNTS to Philippine residents and not foreigners on the joint bank accounts. So we basically explained it was not a lack of trying on our part to get joint accounts together but this is the reason we only have a joint rental agreement together.
6) I don't know if it would help our case but we even took a picture of us together outside our gated community with the name of the subdivision on the gate with a TIMESTAMP of December 31st 2018 just as an added extra.

Reactions: sibnadian

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Yes, for "Proof of Intent to return to Canada" I answered that in post#285 and as for "Proof of Cohabitation" I provided (as we only have 1 joint account which is our RENTAL LEASE agreement):

1) Copy of our present JOINT RENTAL LEASE AGREEMENT. (both of our names)
2) Copy of our landlords identification
3) Copy of our recent January rental receipt (both of our names)
4) Copy of our January gated community monthly dues (both of our names)
5) We wrote a DETAILED letter explaining why we did not have any other JOINT ACCOUNTS together explaining to them we were fully aware of this CIC requirement when we got married this past April and looked into setting up joint accounts together for this reason but that our original house we paid the electricity & water directly to the landlord next door and then after searching for a couple months to find a nicer place to live we finally found a brand new house in a gated community that we liked in our area but the electricity & water bills are in our landlords name that we pay each month in his name and cannot change it.
We also told them our internet provider "GLOBE" had told us that they only have INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS for bill payments and don't do JOINT ACCOUNTS and we checked with my wife's existing bank (BPI) and they told us they only give JOINT ACCOUNTS to Philippine residents and not foreigners on the joint bank accounts. So we basically explained it was not a lack of trying on our part to get joint accounts together but this is the reason we only have a joint rental agreement together.
6) I don't know if it would help our case but we even took a picture of us together outside our gated community with the name of the subdivision on the gate with a TIMESTAMP of December 31st 2018 just as an added extra.
That's very helpful. I feel like we will be in the same predicament here in Nicaragua we rent a small apartment which includes all utilities and internet so nothing is in our name. Neither one of us has credit cards or anything like that just pay for the apartment and car (in his mother's name). Everything we pay for is in cash since there is still a lot of places that don't take debit or credit (3rd world problems). We have the lease agreements and receipts with both our names. Our IDs have the same address and we have a few statements of money transfer between us. Truly hoping it's enough.

Last question, did you have the receipts certified translated?

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We have the lease agreements and receipts with both our names. Our IDs have the same address and we have a few statements of money transfer between us. Truly hoping it's enough.
That should be enough. In our case, it was a lease agreement, one joint account, and address registration (aka visa) in the country of residence (neither of us is a citizen of that country so we needed visa papers).

I am thinking...Health insurance could also be used for proving that you cohabit because it would have your address.

kevster

Nov 13, 2018
Bacoor City, Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-10-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
Med's Request
24-12-2018
Med's Done....
02-01-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2019
LANDED..........
31-03-2019
We have the lease agreements and receipts with both our names. Our IDs have the same address and we have a few statements of money transfer between us. Truly hoping it's enough.

Last question, did you have the receipts certified translated?
The receipts were in english and we just took a picture of it and attached it. I think you are good with both of your ID's having the same address along with your rental agreement. Nothing wrong with adding a letter to explain your situation in detail in regards to cohabitation if you think it helps.

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
That should be enough. In our case, it was a lease agreement, one joint account, and address registration (aka visa) in the country of residence (neither of us is a citizen of that country so we needed visa papers).

I am thinking...Health insurance could also be used for proving that you cohabit because it would have your address.

Thanl you!

All this information is so helpful. We had talked about doing this since two years ago but we were pretty comfortable here. Unfortunately in last 8 months the country has spun into a political crisis that has both of our jobs at risk and just a bad economy over all. Due to this we never paid much attention to saving the reciepts or keeping proof and on top of that we really don't have a paper trail to being with l.

Just hoping everything goes well and things can be sorted before anything worse happens here. I really don't want to leave without him.

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanl you!

All this information is so helpful. We had talked about doing this since two years ago but we were pretty comfortable here. Unfortunately in last 8 months the country has spun into a political crisis that has both of our jobs at risk and just a bad economy over all. Due to this we never paid much attention to saving the reciepts or keeping proof and on top of that we really don't have a paper trail to being with l.

Just hoping everything goes well and things can be sorted before anything worse happens here. I really don't want to leave without him.

Wishing everyone the best of luck!
Start looking for jobs in Canada maybe? That can be used as your intention to come back.