Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Start looking for jobs in Canada maybe? That can be used as your intention to come back.
I have been in contact with Humber College in Ontario as I am preparing to start an HR course in February, not sure if that may help. I am also having my sister send me a letter since we will be staying with her and a few friends back home about me having multiple jobs while I worked in Canada and supporting myself.

I don't have official job offers but I have searched jobs on linked in we could do, not sure if I should send those screen shots just to prove we are looking.

Thoughts?

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
There is a new BIOMETRICS requirement for applicants from Asia and the Americas that just came into effect on December 31st 2018.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give your biometrics.
  • Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
  • Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas

I am just wondering if this new requirement as of December 31st applies to those of us from Asia & Americas who currently have applications being processed BEFORE that date will be asked to take biometrics sometime in the future before our applications are approved or it only applies to those who apply AFTER that date? It costs $85Cdn per person. It is no big deal for us either way but just curious if anyone knows.
No. From the official site:

I am from Asia, Asia Pacific or the Americas and have applied for a visa, work or study permit, or for permanent residence before December 31, 2018, but my application is still being processed. Do I have to give my biometrics?
If you’re from a country in Asia, Asia Pacific or the Americas and we received your application before December 31, 2018, you don’t need to give your biometrics, even if your application is still being processed.

This same requirement has applied to:

• nationals from countries in Europe, the Middle East and Africa since July 31, 2018, and
  • nationals from these 29 countries and 1 territory since 2013 who applied for a visitor visa, study or work permit.

Last edited:

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Application received in Sydney NS on October 18, 2018. Not a peep since- It's been 83 days. Nothing on E-cas and cannot link the application on GCkey either. Tried calling CIC several times with no luck in connecting with an agent. Too early to start panicking?

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Application received in Sydney NS on October 18, 2018. Not a peep since- It's been 83 days. Nothing on E-cas and cannot link the application on GCkey either. Tried calling CIC several times with no luck in connecting with an agent. Too early to start panicking?
Don't Panic!
Give it another week or two then call.
Check the previous month, some are taking up to 120 days.

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Some people had to wait for 4-6 months for AOR1. When you are linking it on GCKey, include the sponsor for the no. of applicants. Eg. For a spouse plus a child = 3 applicants.

icewalker

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
So I received an email today:

This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga
Is this AOR2? SA? Does anyone know? Timeline in Signature.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Mine is Oct 26th. I was beginning to think I was the only one. A ton of people have been hearing about their apps in the October group, but not me. I called the automated line as I have a temp file #, and today it said, my app has been recieved, and then tried transferring me to an agent, with no luck. I'm starting to feel hopeless.

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Mine is Oct 26th. I was beginning to think I was the only one. A ton of people have been hearing about their apps in the October group, but not me. I called the automated line as I have a temp file #, and today it said, my app has been recieved, and then tried transferring me to an agent, with no luck. I'm starting to feel hopeless.
You're definitely not alone. How did you get the temporary file number?

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
I called back in November and asked for it. That's when they told me I'd hear from them in a month, tops! yeah, didnt happen.
Today alone I must have called like 10 times. Each time I go through all the prompts then get the automated message saying that all agents are busy and my call can't be answered at this time :/. It's very frustrating.

But hey, look at the bright side: at least you know they received your application :). I am assuming providing you with a temporary file number means that all is good and they won't be returning it for whatever reason which is what I fear could happen with mine for some reason.

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
Some people had to wait for 4-6 months for AOR1. When you are linking it on GCKey, include the sponsor for the no. of applicants. Eg. For a spouse plus a child = 3 applicants.
Tried doing that, still came up with nothing. I guess I will keep trying to call and get a hold of an agent.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Today alone I must have called like 10 times. Each time I go through all the prompts then get the automated message saying that all agents are busy and my call can't be answered at this time :/. It's very frustrating.

But hey, look at the bright side: at least you know they received your application :). I am assuming providing you with a temporary file number means that all is good and they won't be returning it for whatever reason which is what I fear could happen with mine for some reason.
Honestly, it doesn't mean much. Apps have been sent back, even with the temp file #. it's only good for getting info from the automated system. When I called the automated system before, it used to say "were happy to announce we received your package, will update you....." or something to that effect. today when I called, it said, "we recieved your application, and to serve you better, you can speak with an agent....". Tried to put me through to an agent, but of course it was too busy. I dont know why the change, but I'm starting to panic.