****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

andreajuliet27

Nov 11, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Is there anyone still waiting on approval from October 2018?

Or it's just me.. :(

(Oct 1 applicant, sponsor approved, principal in progress, no update after medical approved)
October 23rd applicant from Quebec, still waiting... background check in progress since April 2019 :( eligibility review not started yet

bobsponge2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Hello guys,
Has any body here (still waiting for the PR of course) already asked for the GCMS notes?
I am an October 2018 inland applicant from Alberta, and no update since March 2019 when they asked for the police clearance.
I have called the CIC and of course they dont say a thing. Funny thing, when I log in the IRCC website, it says "your application is taking us longer than expected"... no shit! really? I hadn't noticed it. What an awful humor these guys have (insert a frustrating emoji here)
Today I asked for the GCMS notes, and maybe the will shed some light as to what on earth are these guys at the CIC doing.
Anyway, as frustrating as these might seem, as some people say, "misery loves company" and as bad as it is, I still have some hope when I realize I am not alone and not the only one waiting here.

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
Hello guys,
Has any body here (still waiting for the PR of course) already asked for the GCMS notes?
I am an October 2018 inland applicant from Alberta, and no update since March 2019 when they asked for the police clearance.
I have called the CIC and of course they dont say a thing. Funny thing, when I log in the IRCC website, it says "your application is taking us longer than expected"... no shit! really? I hadn't noticed it. What an awful humor these guys have (insert a frustrating emoji here)
Today I asked for the GCMS notes, and maybe the will shed some light as to what on earth are these guys at the CIC doing.
Anyway, as frustrating as these might seem, as some people say, "misery loves company" and as bad as it is, I still have some hope when I realize I am not alone and not the only one waiting here.
I'm December 2018 applicant from Alberta and still waiting. We only got SA so far on ecas that's all and yeaa their humor sox... I have no idea why it's taking too long... I think the problem is Kenney government cut the budget from government places so 1 worker doing 3 workers job, this is all i heard. (for applicants who lives in alberta, the others from different province well they're getting approved except us). I order gcms notes every month but mostly the information on there is same as previous month. I suggest you do the same.

bobsponge2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
I'm December 2018 applicant from Alberta and still waiting. We only got SA so far on ecas that's all and yeaa their humor sox... I have no idea why it's taking too long... I think the problem is Kenney government cut the budget from government places so 1 worker doing 3 workers job, this is all i heard. (for applicants who lives in alberta, the others from different province well they're getting approved except us). I order gcms notes every month but mostly the information on there is same as previous month. I suggest you do the same.
Hey dude! Thanks for your thoughts, but I respectfully disagree. Your theory might have sense to me if we were applying through the province in a program such as Alberta Nominee immigration program, but that is not the case, as we are applying through the federal directly with Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Anyway, whatever it is, I hope we all get the approval some day. THanks!

andreajuliet27

Nov 11, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I’m an October 23rd applicant from Montreal. I got a call from an immigration officer today asking to confirm my information and telling me he was finalizing my application. Right after the call I got Decision Made and Landing letter in the email! my landing appointment is tomorrow!! Wish me luck!! And good luck to you all The wait is almost done!! Keep hope

andreajuliet27

Nov 11, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello! I have a doubt and maybe someone here could know something about it... the thing is, my initial open work permit was about to expire, and I still didn’t have my PR, so I decided to apply to extend it. Two days After I sent the application, I received the landing letter and then I landed in mtl.. does anyone know what’s going to happen with the OWP extension app? Can I cancel it or is it just going to be refused? Thanks!!

RedHairs16

Nov 8, 2019
Hi ! Just want to let you know that our application as been approved today! We called yesterday to know if there was a problem and the guy on the phone left a note on our case. They send us an emain today to tell us it's finished and to tell us to go to the Montreal office within 30 days to approved the PR. Our application has been receved the october 30th 2018.

bobsponge2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
but i am from October 2018 :(
Not alone, I share your misery. I am from October 2018 as well. Have you called them lately? I called them 2 weeks ago and they keep saying the same thing "It looks like no body is working on your file, I will send a message so some agent can take a look at it"...frustrating! Do you happen to know if we will need to take the medical exams again?

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
I’m an October 23rd applicant from Montreal. I got a call from an immigration officer today asking to confirm my information and telling me he was finalizing my application. Right after the call I got Decision Made and Landing letter in the email! my landing appointment is tomorrow!! Wish me luck!! And good luck to you all The wait is almost done!! Keep hope
Congrats!

I received the DM letter on Feb 19, but the letter said the Montreal office would contact us directly to set up a landing appointment.

Were you contacted directly by the Montreal office or was the appointment set up directly in the DM letter?

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Not alone, I share your misery. I am from October 2018 as well. Have you called them lately? I called them 2 weeks ago and they keep saying the same thing "It looks like no body is working on your file, I will send a message so some agent can take a look at it"...frustrating! Do you happen to know if we will need to take the medical exams again?
October 2018 here! Received DM letter 3 weeks ago and waiting for a landing appointment at local office... CIC says it could take up to 8 weeks before we are contacted, although I see people getting appointments wayyy faster than us.

I understand nothing of the logic behind this whole process.