+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Needtogeahead

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Sweet mother of god... I thought no body was on my boat and I stopped even looking at this thread as no body seemed to be answering or posting.... I will bookmark this thread again. Guys... finally I got the sponsor approval and my wife got eligibility approval. It was frustrating that they requested again the medical exams after the exam expired because the CIC just kept sitting on the file without doing anything for literally years (that was nuts!) ... but at this point I dont even want to argue anything... My wife took the medical and now she has a status of "you passed the medical exam"... I have a good feeling that we are finally going to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.... I will keep you posted guys. Bye
How long after she redo her medical did you got the eligibility approval? Thank you.
I too was ask to redo my medical and was sent three months ago but I have not heard anything.

Needtogeahead

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Sweet mother of god... I thought no body was on my boat and I stopped even looking at this thread as no body seemed to be answering or posting.... I will bookmark this thread again. Guys... finally I got the sponsor approval and my wife got eligibility approval. It was frustrating that they requested again the medical exams after the exam expired because the CIC just kept sitting on the file without doing anything for literally years (that was nuts!) ... but at this point I dont even want to argue anything... My wife took the medical and now she has a status of "you passed the medical exam"... I have a good feeling that we are finally going to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.... I will keep you posted guys. Bye
Also did they ask your wife for another police report? Thank you

bobsponge2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
How long after she redo her medical did you got the eligibility approval? Thank you.
I too was ask to redo my medical and was sent three months ago but I have not heard anything.
We got the eligibility approval with the same request to redo my wife's medical exam (that was 2 weeks ago). They have not asked my wife for another background check or police report. Right at the moment my wife's current status is "Your action is required" and when I go to the detail it says: 1. "You passed the medical exam" and 2. "We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details".
So I guess, now I need to wait until the send the message with more details. I just keep wondering, what more information do these guys need? I hope they don't keep going around in circles asking for the same things we have already told them.

Reactions: Needtogeahead

Needtogeahead

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
We got the eligibility approval with the same request to redo my wife's medical exam (that was 2 weeks ago). They have not asked my wife for another background check or police report. Right at the moment my wife's current status is "Your action is required" and when I go to the detail it says: 1. "You passed the medical exam" and 2. "We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details".
So I guess, now I need to wait until the send the message with more details. I just keep wondering, what more information do these guys need? I hope they don't keep going around in circles asking for the same things we have already told them.
Thank you

Needtogeahead

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Do you mind sharing your visa office. I am Calgary, they ask for additional documents, redo medical for the second time and then nothing. To be honest if they make my documents expires again will not do them again. I know of others facing the same situation from Calgary. Tired

bobsponge2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Do you mind sharing your visa office. I am Calgary, they ask for additional documents, redo medical for the second time and then nothing. To be honest if they make my documents expires again will not do them again. I know of others facing the same situation from Calgary. Tired
My visa Office is Mississauga.... I hear you man. It is frustrating but I have learned to understand that this is not a fight I can win... They can hold on to this file, they can neglect everything as much as they want and they can even let the medical expire again and yet, they can get away with it. The quicker you get to truly accept that, the better for you (and I mean it in the nicest possible way).
At this point, after over 2 years of waiting for a process that usually takes 6 months, after many calls and getting the same silly answer, I just learned to celebrate the tiniest of the progresses. Good luck bro, and I feel for you... actually I feel with you, and as unfair as this process is, hang in there, some day it will finish... this cannot go on for ever (or can it? lol)

Reactions: Needtogeahead

louand

Mar 16, 2018
Hi! My file was also in Calgary but recently been transferred to Winnipeg (even if I am based in Calgary) so not sure why. Calgary requested tons of documents last October then nothing until last month when I was asked for 2 updated forms and re-medical for outland dependents. The March request was signed by Winnipeg IRCC that is why i know my file has been transferred again. I am May 2018 inland.

Needtogeahead

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
My visa Office is Mississauga.... I hear you man. It is frustrating but I have learned to understand that this is not a fight I can win... They can hold on to this file, they can neglect everything as much as they want and they can even let the medical expire again and yet, they can get away with it. The quicker you get to truly accept that, the better for you (and I mean it in the nicest possible way).
At this point, after over 2 years of waiting for a process that usually takes 6 months, after many calls and getting the same silly answer, I just learned to celebrate the tiniest of the progresses. Good luck bro, and I feel for you... actually I feel with you, and as unfair as this process is, hang in there, some day it will finish... this cannot go on for ever (or can it? lol)
Thank you for your response and encouragement so true.

Needtogeahead

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Hi! My file was also in Calgary but recently been transferred to Winnipeg (even if I am based in Calgary) so not sure why. Calgary requested tons of documents last October then nothing until last month when I was asked for 2 updated forms and re-medical for outland dependents. The March request was signed by Winnipeg IRCC that is why i know my file has been transferred again. I am May 2018 inland.
To be honest, it is just too much now. Just press on.

Reactions: louand

bobsponge2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Guys (VancouverIsland, Needtogeahead & louand) Have you found out what the issue with your application was? what the hold up is? I have fought so many times to get the guys from the IRCC to provide me with a reason, but they never told me anything different than "we are processing your file, and some files take longer than others". Then I requested the GCM notes, but apparently I dont know how to read them, because I couldnt find any valuable information in there. Therefore, I thought maybe some of you know how to find out what the reason for the hold up is? I mean, I know they keep saying it is because of covid-19, but we are not stupid, in my case covid started 18 months after I submitted my wife's application. Anyway, if you guys dont feel comfortable disclosing what the issue with your file is, I totally understand that.

firstilo

Jan 21, 2019
2018 November outland case still waiting... may i know is there any reason or obstacle in your situation for those of you who have been waiting so long?
Mine is i have some problem for residency obligation as a sponsor, it was reviewed and approved with a PR card renew case in 2020. Just wondering if anyone has similar situation (obstacle can be different) who can share any update progress?

firstilo

Jan 21, 2019
Congrats! good and encouraging to know your case finally had an update after over two years waiting!

louand

Mar 16, 2018
Guys (VancouverIsland, Needtogeahead & louand) Have you found out what the issue with your application was? what the hold up is? I have fought so many times to get the guys from the IRCC to provide me with a reason, but they never told me anything different than "we are processing your file, and some files take longer than others". Then I requested the GCM notes, but apparently I dont know how to read them, because I couldnt find any valuable information in there. Therefore, I thought maybe some of you know how to find out what the reason for the hold up is? I mean, I know they keep saying it is because of covid-19, but we are not stupid, in my case covid started 18 months after I submitted my wife's application. Anyway, if you guys dont feel comfortable disclosing what the issue with your file is, I totally understand that.
Mine was out of status so they are doubting the relationship even if we have been together and married for almost 10 years.

bobsponge2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Thank you guys for sharing. May I know how did you get to find out what the issue was? Every time I call the the IRCC they say nothing different than, we need more time for processing your application

louand

Mar 16, 2018
Thank you guys for sharing. May I know how did you get to find out what the issue was? Every time I call the the IRCC they say nothing different than, we need more time for processing your application
If you request for GCMS notes, you can check close to the last pages under Notes. It shows the notes the officer who reviewed your file entered. Some words might have been "white out" i think due to security reasons but you should get the gist of what their review results were.