App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
26-11-2018
Med's Request
16-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Did you send photocopy of marriage first or original one? How do they ask authorized certificate?
IRCC has asked us to upload a copy of the 'valid marriage certificate issued by a civic authority'. We have sent photocopy before and after both time.
But for second time we send photo copy of marriage certificate with explanation.. " Dear Officer, This has reference to your office communication dated May 03, 2019 (attached) asking the applicant to provide a copy of the 'valid marriage certificate issued by a civic authority.' In this regard, please note that the requested document was already provided with the complete In-Canada spousal sponsorship application submitted to IRCC and is attached once again for your reference and records. This document titled 'Certificate of Registration of Marriage', has been issued by the Registrar of Marriages, District Gandhinagar, Government of Gujarat, India under the Gujarat Registration of Marriages Act, 2006 and is, as mentioned on the document itself, duly recorded in the 'Register of Marriages maintained under the Gujarat Registration of Marriages Act, 2006 (Guj. 16 of 2006). Similar certificates have previously been accepted by IRCC as a valid Certificate of Marriage issued by a civic authority. Trust that will suffice. Should you require additional information and/or documentation in this regard, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks and Regards."
This is sent by my representative.

Reactions: VancouverIsland

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
IRCC has asked us to upload a copy of the 'valid marriage certificate issued by a civic authority'. We have sent photocopy before and after both time.
But for second time we send photo copy of marriage certificate with explanation.. " Dear Officer, This has reference to your office communication dated May 03, 2019 (attached) asking the applicant to provide a copy of the 'valid marriage certificate issued by a civic authority.' In this regard, please note that the requested document was already provided with the complete In-Canada spousal sponsorship application submitted to IRCC and is attached once again for your reference and records. This document titled 'Certificate of Registration of Marriage', has been issued by the Registrar of Marriages, District Gandhinagar, Government of Gujarat, India under the Gujarat Registration of Marriages Act, 2006 and is, as mentioned on the document itself, duly recorded in the 'Register of Marriages maintained under the Gujarat Registration of Marriages Act, 2006 (Guj. 16 of 2006). Similar certificates have previously been accepted by IRCC as a valid Certificate of Marriage issued by a civic authority. Trust that will suffice. Should you require additional information and/or documentation in this regard, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks and Regards."
This is sent by my representative.
Thanks for detailed explanation. They requested from us proof of relationship and we sent them whatever we got including marriage certificate even though we sent original one before we still included the photocopy one this time. We also ordered gcsm notes to see what's going on. We're still on bgc since last month and patiently waiting

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
My husband had his landing interview today! Finally, we’re done.

We had a bit of a wait (we are in Winnipeg), but the interview itself was very quick and painless. They asked the following things:

• Have you ever committed a crime?
  • Have you ever been denied entry to Canada?
  • Have you ever been forced to leave Canada?
  • Do you have any children?

She also asked where my husband was currently working and about how we met/the story of our relationship.

I honestly don’t know what I would have done without this forum. Good luck to you all, and all the best in the future!

:)

amritpalial

May 20, 2019
We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview
has been scheduled for:
May 30, 2019 at 9 00 AM.
Please print and give this letter to the Commissionaire upon your arrival at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
1148 Hornby Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C3
Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent
residence and your application could be refused.
If you cannot attend this interview and/or have pre-booked travels outside of Canada in
the 60-days following your final determination for permanent residence interview, please
e-mail WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca or contact the the IRCC Client Support Centre:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-
support-centre.html
Please note:
 The earliest you will be admitted into the building will be 10 minutes prior to your
scheduled appointment.
 If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you,
and brings government issued photo identity document(s).
 If you believe you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for
hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.
 If you are subject to and have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the
amount of $490.00 per adult who is subject to permanent residency, you must do so prior
to your interview.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
Please note that there is a delay between becoming a Permanent Resident and receiving your
PR card. Please see the following website for current processing times:
ase bring the following original documents to your interview:
 A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you
are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing
your identity.
 Important: If for any reason you are not in possession of valid identity/travel
documents at the time of the appointment, you must advise this office PRIOR to
the appointment date.
 Important Dates – During the interview the officer will ask for your original date of entry
into Canada as well as your most recent entry date into Canada
Please ensure you have noted these dates and bring proof to substantiate them
 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed
for permanent residence inside Canada.
Please show the photographer the document found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
 Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please ensure you either have a copy of the receipt printed or saved PDF copy viewable
on an electronic device.
 Current and expired Temporary Resident documents issued by IRCC
These include work permits, study permits & visitor records.
Please note:
If you have recently changed any of the following without updating IRCC, please scan &
e-mail WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca your update and document(s) immediately.
Please also bring the original documents to your interview.
These are NOT required unless any of these changes have occurred.
 Marital Status
Include a copy of marriage certificate, divorce certificate, etc.
 Birth Certificates
For all accompanying dependent children or Canadian Citizen children
 Passport
Include a copy of the biographical details page
 Contact information
Include a copy of your photo government ID and/or other documents (such as your
phone or cable bill) with your current address
Regards,
Permanent Resident Unit
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I got this letter few days ago ? how this interview is gonna look like I need to know thanks
Gongrats @amritpalial! What is your timeline? When was your application received and when did you get a decision made letter?

amritpalial

May 20, 2019
I am an October applicant and I got my eligibility met March 12 and this letter was released on may 17 so I am looking at 8 months so far. but I wanted to know if about the interview the question I am gonna be asked and do they allow electronic devices in there.

umarr.cole

Nov 21, 2013
We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview
has been scheduled for:
May 30, 2019 at 9 00 AM.
Please print and give this letter to the Commissionaire upon your arrival at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
1148 Hornby Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C3
Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent
residence and your application could be refused.
If you cannot attend this interview and/or have pre-booked travels outside of Canada in
the 60-days following your final determination for permanent residence interview, please
e-mail WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca or contact the the IRCC Client Support Centre:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-
support-centre.html
Please note:
 The earliest you will be admitted into the building will be 10 minutes prior to your
scheduled appointment.
 If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you,
and brings government issued photo identity document(s).
 If you believe you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for
hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.
 If you are subject to and have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the
amount of $490.00 per adult who is subject to permanent residency, you must do so prior
to your interview.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
Please note that there is a delay between becoming a Permanent Resident and receiving your
PR card. Please see the following website for current processing times:
ase bring the following original documents to your interview:
 A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you
are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing
your identity.
 Important: If for any reason you are not in possession of valid identity/travel
documents at the time of the appointment, you must advise this office PRIOR to
the appointment date.
 Important Dates – During the interview the officer will ask for your original date of entry
into Canada as well as your most recent entry date into Canada
Please ensure you have noted these dates and bring proof to substantiate them
 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed
for permanent residence inside Canada.
Please show the photographer the document found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
 Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please ensure you either have a copy of the receipt printed or saved PDF copy viewable
on an electronic device.
 Current and expired Temporary Resident documents issued by IRCC
These include work permits, study permits & visitor records.
Please note:
If you have recently changed any of the following without updating IRCC, please scan &
e-mail WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca your update and document(s) immediately.
Please also bring the original documents to your interview.
These are NOT required unless any of these changes have occurred.
 Marital Status
Include a copy of marriage certificate, divorce certificate, etc.
 Birth Certificates
For all accompanying dependent children or Canadian Citizen children
 Passport
Include a copy of the biographical details page
 Contact information
Include a copy of your photo government ID and/or other documents (such as your
phone or cable bill) with your current address
Regards,
Permanent Resident Unit
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Congratulations! When did u submit your application and how did u receive this letter?

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
I am an October applicant and I got my eligibility met March 12 and this letter was released on may 17 so I am looking at 8 months so far. but I wanted to know if about the interview the question I am gonna be asked and do they allow electronic devices in there.
The questions for my husband’s landing interview were very simple - just asking about any criminal charges, dependants, etc.

Yes, they allowed phones, etc. :)