Dec 7, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02 Oct 2018
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2018
Congrat to everyone who have been getting updates from CIC. I got a ghost update on 27th March but after that it has been really quiet. My application was recieved on 2nd October.

Anyone from the same timeline get any updates?
Hi alinas 42,

I'm also an Oct 2 applicant. We are on the same boat. No updates after ghost update. It seems that we have nothing to do but be patient.

Reactions: baimmeb

Fopogi26

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
i got DM on my sponsor side.
PA still in process....
  1. We received ******* application for permanent residence on October 15, 2018.
  2. We started processing ****** application on April 11, 2019.
  3. We sent ******* medical instructions on December 21, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent ******I correspondence on April 11, 2019. If ****** has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have ******do so as soon as possible. Please wait until ****** receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Hary123

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
I got a email saying below, is this AIP ? What would be next steps.

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.

june394

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.
Yes, it is :) congratulations!

Reactions: Ashie

taj1234

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
i got DM on my sponsor side.
PA still in process....
  1. We received ******* application for permanent residence on October 15, 2018.
  2. We started processing ****** application on April 11, 2019.
  3. We sent ******* medical instructions on December 21, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent ******I correspondence on April 11, 2019. If ****** has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have ******do so as soon as possible. Please wait until ****** receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
How to check Sponser side DM??

Mark Robinson

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Oct 10, 2018 - PR and OWP APP sent
Oct 12, 2018 - APP received by CIC
Nov 26, 2018 - Received AOR
Nov 29, 2018 - OWP and PR Linked online
Dec 21, 2018 - Received MR Request
Dec 27, 2018 - Finished Medical
Jan 05, 2019 - Medical confirmed Pass
Jan 17, 2019 - Background Check Started
Mar 08, 2019 - OWP Approved
Mar 28, 2019 - Ghost Update
Apr 10, 2019 - Ghost Update
April 10, 2019 - DM SA updated on Ecas
April 10, 2019 - Approval In Principle (AIP)
April 10, 2019 - Review of Eligibility on MyCIC/GCKey
Apr 10, 2019 - Foreign Police Certificate Request
PR...… In Process

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashie and Jessica_D

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017

i also got the same letter like this. i wonder is that an sa? or aip? whats the next process? because i havent pay the landing fee i wonder if do i need to pay the landing fee now or i need to wait for any further instructions?

Oct 10, 2018
Hey guys,
Letting you know that i just have received interview date. Decision made on April 7. Interview letter today 12.04. Interview date 22.04. Submitted to Missisauge office. Interview office: Ottawa. Good luck

Reactions: Jessica_D

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hey guys,
Letting you know that i just have received interview date. Decision made on April 7. Interview letter today 12.04. Interview date 22.04. Submitted to Missisauge office. Interview office: Ottawa. Good luck

did you get an eligibility letter that you passed? coz i got a letter and im wondering whats next. and hows it will take till to get a decision made or any instruction whats next

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Sorry I stumbled across your post. I had status restored while my PR +OWP app were already submitted. I hope I have a similar timeline as you.

Do you remember what your estimated processing time for OWP would have been, 4 months?
Hi! It’s written there! I sent the restoration+ owp together on December 8 and had it approved on March 13, so 3 months.